Sponsored

Fuel systems with an OEM style bucket

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I wish someone made a returnless upgrade to support big power, but it doesn't seem to exist so I guess I need a return fuel system. I'm struggling with the idea of always having to have a 1/2 tank of fuel in the car for multiple reasons. It seems like there are a few fuel hats out there that have a bucket or use the OEM plastic, but they are all limited to 2 pumps. I would like a fuel system that supports 1000rwhp on a Whipple with E85. Initial research indicates that my goals are probably possible with 2 pumps. Can anyone talk me out of this bucket, because purchasing a fuel system will be much easier without it?
Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I wish someone made a returnless upgrade to support big power, but it doesn't seem to exist so I guess I need a return fuel system. I'm struggling with the idea of always having to have a 1/2 tank of fuel in the car for multiple reasons. It seems like there are a few fuel hats out there that have a bucket or use the OEM plastic, but they are all limited to 2 pumps. I would like a fuel system that supports 1000rwhp on a Whipple with E85. Initial research indicates that my goals are probably possible with 2 pumps. Can anyone talk me out of this bucket, because purchasing a fuel system will be much easier without it?
I have a 2 Pump FORE system. I have had mine down to below a quarter tank with no issues, but I would not race it like that. When I am racing I run it at about 3/4 tank just to be safe. The main issue with not having a bucket is fuel slosh when launching. But just putting around I haven't had an issue with being below half a tank.

That being said both the DW and Radium systems to be seem to be really nice.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I get mine low too (fore) no issues.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You can add a second pump and fpdm. You have a few options in a returnless system. How much power are you making?

OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can add a second pump and fpdm. You have a few options in a returnless system. How much power are you making?
I would like something capable of 1000 with a Whipple on E85. From what I can tell, the returnless upgrades became less viable on Gen 3 when DI came into the picture. Not sure why.

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Check out our DivisionX fuel systems here at www.lethalperformance.com. fuel-systems Theres something there for everyone.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I would like something capable of 1000 with a Whipple on E85. From what I can tell, the returnless upgrades became less viable on Gen 3 when DI came into the picture. Not sure why.
You can get two gt350 fuel pump modules and install one in each side of the tank. The tank can hold two modulesffiyd That’s a total of 4 pumps. Now you can run them all on fpdm’s or you can run them on hob switches but ether way it will support far more then you need. You will need to upgrade the fuel line and rails. Also you will need a better alternator/battery. If you run one 440lph or higher pump on each side you should have more than enough and not need to upgrade the electrical system

Last edited:

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
You can get two gt350 fuel pump modules and install one in each side of the tank. The tank can hold two modulesffiyd That’s a total of 4 pumps. Now you can run them all on fpdm’s or you can run them on hob switches but ether way it will support far more then you need. You will need to upgrade the fuel line and rails. Also you will need a better alternator/battery. If you run one 440lph or higher pump on each side you should have more than enough and not need to upgrade the electrical system
First I’ve heard of this. Any pictures of this set up?

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting concept, but there must be some good reason that all of the tuners are against returnless. I have yet to hear a valid argument, but with its pluses, there has to be some good reason.

OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Throwing this out there. This set up hold twin DW400. I think if memory serves me they flow enough fuel for 11 or 1200 HP or you can do the big Ti automotive pumps and hell I have no idea what they support

http://www.radiumauto.com/Fuel-Pump-Hanger-2011-Ford-Mustang-P2165.aspx
I don’t know if there is any validity to this, but I found some information on the web indicating that DW pumps really aren’t that good. They claim that DW has falsified their flow rates and that the Waldro pumps actually outperform them. There were flow test to prove it, but who really knows…. It was enough to convince me that DW pumps may not be worth the premium price.

Thanks for the link. I didn’t realize that existed. I’ll have to dig into it a bit more, but I feel like 1000+HP return systems are unproven. I’m not sure I want to be the guinea pig.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I don’t know if there is any validity to this, but I found some information on the web indicating that DW pumps really aren’t that good. They claim that DW has falsified their flow rates and that the Waldro pumps actually outperform them. There were flow test to prove it, but who really knows…. It was enough to convince me that DW pumps may not be worth the premium price.

Thanks for the link. I didn’t realize that existed. I’ll have to dig into it a bit more, but I feel like 1000+HP return systems are unproven. I’m not sure I want to be the guinea pig.
You can change the fittings on the radium hat and add a return. They set it up to be either.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
You can change the fittings on the radium hat and add a return. They set it up to be either.
Yes this is correct you can by the regulator delete and make it a return style. This lets you have a twin pump of your choosing with the return filling the hat so you avoid the 1/2 fuel situation.
Sponsored