Let’s talk about return style fuel systems

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Bumping this thread for others who may be considering return fuel systems and wondering how things went with my Arcane Radium Stage 3 kit.

First off the kit comes extremely well packaged which makes it very easy to sort, inventory, and mock up to see how everything goes together. The directions are a bit lack luster as it’s simply a one page photo that points out where fittings should go. But juggernaut performance (where I bought the kit) was a huge help and always replied to emails quickly.

My initial point of confusion was how to tie in the high pressure fuel pump and fuel pressure sensor. A quick email to Juggernaut Performance and John replied within an hour (on the weekend) to help me understand. He also did the same on another weekend to help me understand that the fuel level sensor is plug and play but only after you cut the OEM connector off and wire in the new connector they provide.

Overall the install was pretty straight forward, my only gripe is that I wish the kit came with pre made lines. I went with PTFE lines and it was a bit intimidating cutting everything up and putting all the fittings on the lines. They do provide plenty of hose so if you make a bad cut it’s not the end of the world.

During install I did cross thread 2 fittings and they were immediately ruined. No biggie, this was my fault and I ordered some replacements from Hotrod Fuel Hoses and they arrived quickly and went on smooth.

Upon initial startup I did identify a small fuel leak (very very small) at the Y block. A quick turn of the wrench and it was fixed. I then saw that my fuel pressure sensor was leaking A TON. I thought I had it tight enough but it absolutely has to be bottomed out into the rail to seal up 100% (this was very very tight).

Tools I needed for the job included:
  1. Nice quaintly PTFE cutters or a method to make clean straight cuts
  2. AN wrenches size 6 though 12
  3. Electrical tape
  4. Wire strippers
  5. Wire Crimps
  6. Self tapping screws (mounting the regulator)
  7. Heavy duty zipties
  8. A vice (recommended not needed)
  9. Aluminum vice jaws (recommended not needed)
  10. Vacuum hose for vac referencing the regulator
  11. Fuel tank ring removal tool (made removing and installing the pump ring very easy)
  12. Fuel line disconnect tool to remove the factory HPFP line from the factory fuel rail.
Anyways, I don’t see a lot on the forms about these systems so I wanted to make note of it in the event that someone searches for an Arcane Stage 3 setup in the future. Hopefully they will find this thread which was of huge value to me in making my decision on a fuel system.
Sponsored

Last edited: