Sponsored

Let’s talk about return style fuel systems

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I’m planning to go FI this spring and enjoy the extra HP and knock protection of E85. I’m currently E85 tuned, have access to consistent high quality E, and only drive the car rarely so low fueling issues or access to fuel is not a concern.

With that being said, I plan to buy once and cry once and get a FI kit and return style fuel system at the same time.

There are a multitude of fuel systems on the market and I am looking to understand any pros and cons of certain kits. Ideally, I want something purely plug and play. I do not want to piece a kit together. I want to buy a kit from someone with everything I need to install it and supply E85. My end goal is high 700 to low 800 HP on ID 1050x’s.

So, for those of you running or with experience running a return style fuel system. What would you have done differently or what would you recommend for the most trouble free fuel system setup?
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
My Arcane setup is pretty simple and fail proof. It's regulated like a return system, just without the need for a return line. (A few advantages) It's also 90% plug and play. No check valve option required if running Ti274/285's) At the time, I paid $1250 for a complete stage 2 setup. Twin Ti274's have fed 970whp on a Whipple setup with 1050X's.

https://juggernautpower.com/product...sq=Arcane&_ss=e&_v=1.0&variant=41180410970294

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
My Arcane setup is pretty simple and fail proof. It's regulated like a return system, just without the need for a return line. (A few advantages) It's also 90% plug and play. No check valve option required if running Ti274/285's) At the time, I paid $1250 for a complete stage 2 setup. Twin Ti274's have fed 970whp on a Whipple setup with 1050X's.

https://juggernautpower.com/product...sq=Arcane&_ss=e&_v=1.0&variant=41180410970294
Who tuned you for e85 without a return line?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Who tuned you for e85 without a return line?
PBD/Rob. All of them should. The system works EXACTLY like a system with a return line. The regulator still regulates pressure at the rails, it's just mounted in the hat instead. If they don't, they aren't very methodical. Realistically they wouldn't even know the difference anyway, because you still tune it exactly the same. Set base pressure, and connect the regulator vacuum line.

Last edited:
OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT

Thank you for the recommendation. Looks to be a well thought out kit at a competitive price point!

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Consider this a tag.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I’m planning to go FI this spring and enjoy the extra HP and knock protection of E85. I’m currently E85 tuned, have access to consistent high quality E, and only drive the car rarely so low fueling issues or access to fuel is not a concern.

With that being said, I plan to buy once and cry once and get a FI kit and return style fuel system at the same time.

There are a multitude of fuel systems on the market and I am looking to understand any pros and cons of certain kits. Ideally, I want something purely plug and play. I do not want to piece a kit together. I want to buy a kit from someone with everything I need to install it and supply E85. My end goal is high 700 to low 800 HP on ID 1050x’s.

So, for those of you running or with experience running a return style fuel system. What would you have done differently or what would you recommend for the most trouble free fuel system setup?
Hi there,

Which boost are you after?

For a 700-low 800 whp goal, you can run "low" boost with E85 and hit your goals. Twin 465 (or, if you want an overkill setup, triple 465 with a hobb switched third) with those 1050x will be plenty adequate. I'd consult your tuner regarding a single or twin regulator setup. We prefer twin regardless of the power goal but do understand it costs more so offer a single regulator setup. Our '18 shop car ran a twin regulator / triple 465 setup with 1300x and topped ~ 1200whp (never dyno'd it on the kill setup but the mid 8s pass + cars weight correlate to roughly this).

Our kits come with a pre-cut Fragola lines, a billet hat, Aeromotive regulator(s), gauge(s), filter options, wiring options, billet rails (if needed), and more. We'd love to help out and put something together for you, but I do need to know what kind of FI you're looking for :). Hope you had a great holiday!

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Hi there,

Which boost are you after?

For a 700-low 800 whp goal, you can run "low" boost with E85 and hit your goals. Twin 465 (or, if you want an overkill setup, triple 465 with a hobb switched third) with those 1050x will be plenty adequate. I'd consult your tuner regarding a single or twin regulator setup. We prefer twin regardless of the power goal but do understand it costs more so offer a single regulator setup. Our '18 shop car ran a twin regulator / triple 465 setup with 1300x and topped ~ 1200whp (never dyno'd it on the kill setup but the mid 8s pass + cars weight correlate to roughly this).

Our kits come with a pre-cut Fragola lines, a billet hat, Aeromotive regulator(s), gauge(s), filter options, wiring options, billet rails (if needed), and more. We'd love to help out and put something together for you, but I do need to know what kind of FI you're looking for :). Hope you had a great holiday!
Thanks for the reply and information. I’ll be running a centrifugal setup with a pulley that targets 9-10psi.

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
@Cory S with your setup what would be the 10% that you don’t consider plug and play? And other than cost and not running a return line, what advantages do you see on the stage 2 setup vs full return stage 3? Appreciate the insights!

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Fore innovations makes a great dual pump system. Been running c85 for the past 5k miles and have had zero issues. Not sure about the plug n play part as I had a shop do the install, but def worth the money

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
@Cory S with your setup what would be the 10% that you don’t consider plug and play? And other than cost and not running a return line, what advantages do you see on the stage 2 setup vs full return stage 3? Appreciate the insights!
10% would be attaching the pre-made ring end terminals to the hat, cable management, fitting connections, etc.

Advantages are:

Less weight.
Zero fuel heating.
No fuel starvation at lower fuel levels.
Less chance for leaks.
Slightly less over all current draw.

The 3 is a sweet deal too though.

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
10% would be attaching the pre-made ring end terminals to the hat, cable management, fitting connections, etc.

Advantages are:

Less weight.
Zero fuel heating.
No fuel starvation at lower fuel levels.
Less chance for leaks.
Slightly less over all current draw.

The 3 is a sweet deal too though.
The no fuel heating or starvation at lower fuel levels is a nice benefit indeed. While I personally don’t have much of a valid concern with low fuel levels, the piece of mind if caught in a pinch would be nice. Thanks again for weighing in, its greatly appreciated!

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The no fuel heating or starvation at lower fuel levels is a nice benefit indeed. While I personally don’t have much of a valid concern with low fuel levels, the piece of mind if caught in a pinch would be nice. Thanks again for weighing in, its greatly appreciated!
There is some very good information in here. You're going to have the DW X-2 in there as well if running a return isn't a concern. It's probably around 200 bux cheaper as well too. Lethal system is good because of the precut lines.

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I have a lethal system. It was easy to install with everything being pre cut and terminated, but you are limited to mounting things in certain locations since you only have a set amount of length.

I did get the wrong fittings in my order but I reached out to them and they sent me the parts in a day or 2.

I helped @pittzy23 with his Arcane setup and it was also very easy. Running a vacuum line to the rear felt weird but it works like a charm and was very simple. Having a bucket is nice too and I wish my lethal setup had that.

Honestly they all work.
Sponsored