Tow Hook

GT350HE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reggie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I installed the ZL1 hook on mine last weekend, 2020, it had the same mount. Wish I could utilize that, but just installing the ZL1 hook over changing out the front facia is cheaper. Really the GT350 a track built car should have came with front and rear mounts from the factory.

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I installed the ZL1 hook on mine last weekend, 2020, it had the same mount. Wish I could utilize that, but just installing the ZL1 hook over changing out the front facia is cheaper. Really the GT350 a track built car should have came with front and rear mounts from the factory.
Did you remove the front bumper?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Isn’t the crash bar the same across the S550 platform, even if the nose cone is different between models?

And I don’t think Ford had a US vs Euro version. Seems like it would be cost effective to use the same bar w/the tow hook provision already there regardless if the car was to stay stateside or be shipped overseas.

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Isn’t the crash bar the same across the S550 platform, even if the nose cone is different between models?

And I don’t think Ford had a US vs Euro version. Seems like it would be cost effective to use the same bar w/the tow hook provision already there regardless if the car was to stay stateside or be shipped overseas.
It's not the same. I know what your saying and to me it would make sense also, but the export models definitely had a different crash bar with a tow hook thread.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

Prior to the GT500, they were definitely different. The European versions have always had a provision for a tow hook, because it's required by law. The US versions did not have that provision on the crash bar. My 2016 GT350 didn't have the provision, nor does my MY19.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Cab is correct. It was pointed out to me by someone that worked on designing the provision for the hook on the '20 GT500 that Ford would be using the same aluminum bumper beam on the GT350 (once the "nutted" bumper beam was in production) but that the attachment point would be buried as the decision was made to not make a change to the fascia on the GT350 to allow for a hook to be used. Shameful.
Sponsored