Financial decision having regrets now

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
See, these are just some of the problems I can’t even think about going all EV.
I think it’s going to take way longer than the EV pushers claim.
Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
See, these are just some of the problems I can’t even think about going all EV.
I think it’s going to take way longer than the EV pushers claim.
Doesn't really matter because that's all you'll be able to buy if you want something new 😂

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
IDK, but what happens when it's raining/snowing outside, and you have to plug in or unplug? Is there a risk of electrocution? Just wondering.
You can charge in all sorts of weather, we have a charger for our Wrangler 4xe, made in Canada (Grizzl-E :D), and designed for their weather range (works in super cold, hot, wet, snow), it's pretty beefy (all metal, super thick cables, etc.), though ours is installed in the garage :)

IMG_7776.jpeg

(That's our actual install BTW :sunglasses: )

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
What about people who live in houses and have no off street parking?

What happens if someone parks in your normal spot?

How many extension cords will be crossing the sidewalk? What happens when someone trips over your cord and gets hurt?

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
No one is charging by using extension cords and 110-120v. Get over that concept now. That charge rate is like 3 miles per hour.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
When I was looking at a new apartments (new construction) the new thing in the garages is multi-story parking for people with 2 cars.

1623943865784.png

All the places we went to said no Tesla's were allowed because of their weight. Go figure.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
No one is charging by using extension cords and 110-120v. Get over that concept now. That charge rate is like 3 miles per hour.
Right, and if the logistics of your situation is: you're parking in the street, with constantly changing locations, and/or the inability to reach a charging source - and you don't have a MFR/complex charger - and you can't make it by a high power charger a couple of time a week to "top off" - and where you work doesn't have chargers - OK, sure, that's not a good use case, so stick with an ICE, or try an HEV/PHEV. :)

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Doesn't really matter because that's all you'll be able to buy if you want something new 😂
See this is what I’m talking about. Trying to put something into place nationally will be a giant cluster. Kind of like trying to pass gun control. Certain people think the way they do and cannot comprehend other points of view. There are just so many obstacles to overcome, just don’t see it happening for everyone, not in a free society anyways.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Explaine to me how my mother would charge her car. She lives in a house with no driveway or garage. She has to park on a public street. Sometimes several houses away from her own, due to other people parking in front of her house.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
A couple of weeks ago, on the return trip from northern MN (too long a trip to an area in an EV, I might add), I saw a Tesla Model S with Oregon plates.

I almost wanted to stop the guy and ask how he pulled off such a daring feat, as widespread EV charging is alien in that part of the state.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
A couple of weeks ago, on the return trip from northern MN (too long a trip to an area in an EV, I might add), I saw a Tesla Model S with Oregon plates.

I almost wanted to stop the guy and ask how he pulled off such a daring feat, as widespread EV charging is alien in that part of the state.
I grew up in northern MN and there’s more than you may think, plus the car maps out all charge stations for ya...I only know because my old boss had one and was absolutely gleeful about it, until I went to work one day in the Shelby 😂

BAE27162-A33B-4DA2-835C-00592569F915.jpeg

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Check the utube. Plenty of videos from those who have driven cross country with EV’s. Not for the impatient folk.
Can you imagine 100k cars all stopped on an off freeway location charging their cars? I can’t.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
It will turn into Lord of the Teslas

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Right, and if the logistics of your situation is: you're parking in the street, with constantly changing locations - and you don't have a MFR/complex charger - and you can't make it by a high power charger a couple of time a week to "top off" - and where you work doesn't have chargers - OK, sure, that's not a good use case, so stick with an ICE, or try an HEV/PHEV. :)
It will turn into Lord of the Teslas
Until Lucid hits.