Sponsored

Financial decision having regrets now

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
If I read your post correctly your issue isn't with the MME itself but it's future value. Is this correct? If it is, then the answer is yes. It's a Ford. In the short term it will not hold its value. 20-30 years from now, who knows.

So you can 1. stop worrying, keep it and enjoy having something fairly unique at this point or 2. check out its current worth and if it's good, sell it.

For what its worth, why didn't you ask yourself this question before spending $40K on a new car?
Buyers remorse is a very real though not always warranted phenomenon. I’m sure someone could do a lot worse than
Ford’s electric suv. Enjoy it, until you don’t.
Sponsored

Jeffwels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage, 2016 BMW X5M
Cars that "hold their value" and cars that are driven for utility/fun/whatever are in conflict with one another. It's insanely rare and takes many many years for a car to hold its value or increase in value that was also driven substantially. Think 80 and 100 series landcruisers or ROW 911/930 turbos.

Buying a new car expecting it to hold its value and also driving it is next to impossible.

Also, the explorer sport is easily one of the worst driving SUV in its class. I am a ford fan, but my god that was the worst test drive I've had in a while. Never had a brand new car have wind noise like that at 30mph. Sucked too because i really really liked the look vs competition.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
There is not enough rare earth minerals available that you need for good magnets, to make all these EVs, that some say are coming. Same for copper and lithium, which are both very nasty to mine and refine. Let’s see Elon go visit a open pit copper mine or lithium mine, and say how great it all is. It’s not.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Buyers remorse is a very real though not always warranted phenomenon. I’m sure someone could do a lot worse than
Ford’s electric suv. Enjoy it, until you don’t.
I would have had a bad case of sellers remorse selling my Mini Cooper JCW if not for my absolute love I feel for my mustang.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just add this mod and you will be all set....
IMG_1004.JPG

Sponsored

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
I sold my 2020 5.0 GT and my 2018 screw F150 for a decent profit and purchased a 2021 MACH E . I have never owned an all electric vehicle and I am unsure if it will hold it's value. when the explorer sport came out I bought one and lost my ass on it. so far i've had the MME for 2 days and it is fantastic for in town day to day dutys. but there is that feeling in my gut that says man did I F#$% up?
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that many in this forum love the sounds of their motors too much.

As far as your decision, I don't see you losing a great deal on your purchase. Just go look at how much a used electric car that sells well sells for just to get an idea.

Electric motors can run for 1 million miles+ easy. The Mach-E is a game changer and regardless of opinions on v8 vs electric your performance in an electric car will wreck all of our cars out of the box haha. You're also driving a vehicle that uses 100% domestic energy and does not rely on foreign oil.

You also get opportunity charging if you have a charger at home. While many of us have to get up earlier in the morning before work to go to a gas station, you just have to plug er in. Ha.

I'm looking forward to seeing how long someone keeps their electric vehicle compared to their internal combustion engines. It's most likely going to be a lot lot longer.

Welcome to the new age! My next vehicle will be electric!

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
There’s a Tesla roadster on BAT with a bricked battery pack if anyone is interested

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Electric motors can run for 1 million miles+ easy. The Mach-E is a game changer and regardless of opinions on v8 vs electric your performance in an electric car will wreck all of our cars out of the box haha. You're also driving a vehicle that uses 100% domestic energy and does not rely on foreign oil.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that many electric car fanatics don't really know how stuff works.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that many electric car fanatics don't really know how stuff works.
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that those most interested in electric powered vehicle’s are extremely knowledgeable about how stuff works. Speaking from personal experience, of course. :like: :giggle:

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
If that's the emotion you have coupled with your need to realize a profit and now you suffer from some form of buyers remorse.... the answer is clearly YES.

I'm fortunate enough to not suffer from this malaise. I keep all of my cars and I enjoy the crap out of everyone of them. They're not for sale and the longest one I continue to own has been 48 years now but I do have about 4,200 sq. ft. of space just to house them.

I would likely buy a dual motor Tesla 3 next and track that car too.

So there's some downside for me but then again we all have our motivations and desires.... I just take it in stride... one day at a time.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I sold my 2020 5.0 GT and my 2018 screw F150 for a decent profit and purchased a 2021 MACH E . I have never owned an all electric vehicle and I am unsure if it will hold it's value. when the explorer sport came out I bought one and lost my ass on it. so far i've had the MME for 2 days and it is fantastic for in town day to day dutys. but there is that feeling in my gut that says man did I F#$% up?
Seriously?
Cars are depreciating asset and made to be enjoyed
Not sure why you would enjoy an electric more than a Mustang but in the end it’s your money and whatever float your boat...

sk8ermoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350 / 2004 LSB M3
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that many in this forum love the sounds of their motors too much.

As far as your decision, I don't see you losing a great deal on your purchase. Just go look at how much a used electric car that sells well sells for just to get an idea.

You also get opportunity charging if you have a charger at home. While many of us have to get up earlier in the morning before work to go to a gas station, you just have to plug er in. Ha.

I'm looking forward to seeing how long someone keeps their electric vehicle compared to their internal combustion engines. It's most likely going to be a lot lot longer.

Welcome to the new age! My next vehicle will be electric!
I think having both is awesome. I feel bad when I fire up my car just to run errands for 15 minutes. An electric car is much more efficient when doing that. I actually find myself choosing the my wife's car since total cost of ownership is much less than the GT350 with its huge brakes (regen braking pretty much brakes for you), sticky tires, and terrible gas mileage. The Tesla also has a much more forward thinking UI that I've grown to love. It doesn't hurt that it's extremely fast too. On top of that, I really get to leverage the savings through solar panels too.

Then I start the GT350 and there really isn't an alternative to an ICE powered driver's car. Something about cars like GT350s, GT3s, S2000s, and other great sports cars can't replace what an electric vehicle does. For 85% of the time, I choose the Tesla and it's satisfying in an economical engineer type of way. There's relatively less waste through noise, heat, and other inefficiencies inherent in ICE cars. However, the GT350 makes me laugh and smile in a totally childish way. The engineering involved in both cars is impressive. We should be able to appreciate both.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I sit and think just how great it must be to plug and unplug the car every time I leave the house. Is the cord retractable ...........?

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
If there was a remorse, there is now. I think he might have remorse posting this thread. :crackup:

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Electric motors can run for 1 million miles+ easy.
The motors may run for a million miles, but the batteries don't.
I can't see it. Batteries eventually wear down, whether their used or not. And the cost of a new battery pack could cost up tp $15K.
Could you ever see an EV becoming a historical(25+ yrs) car? How many classic cars still have the original engines with very low miles. The engine didn't go bad over the years for low use. But an EV's battery will eventually die from not being used. You may have to replace the battery 2 or 3 times over 25 yrs. Besides the actual cost of the battery + labor, you don't think they will eventually impart a large hazardous disposal fee on those batteries? There's a tremendous amount of toxic metals in those batteries, that has to be properly handled. You won't be able to take your old, beat up EV to the junk yard for scrap. No junk yard will want the responsibility of handling and storing those batteries for proper disposal.
Sponsored