Financial decision having regrets now

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
I sold my 2020 5.0 GT and my 2018 screw F150 for a decent profit and purchased a 2021 MACH E . I have never owned an all electric vehicle and I am unsure if it will hold it's value. when the explorer sport came out I bought one and lost my ass on it. so far i've had the MME for 2 days and it is fantastic for in town day to day dutys. but there is that feeling in my gut that says man did I F#$% up?
Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
All joking aside, you bought the car to use it so don't worry about depreciation. That's just the cost of owning and using a car. If you like the car and you're willing to get in early as an early adopter then great, take the depreciation and enjoy what you have.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I think you'll get used to it, just takes time like with everything else in life.

I just drove in my brother in laws Tesla and it's not for me. I wouldn't enjoy an electric car but to each their own.

you'll love it eventually.

Last edited:

sk8ermoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350 / 2004 LSB M3
You didn't give up anything significant. Welcome to the electric car club! I was debating a MME vs. Tesla Model Y and chose the Tesla. Electric vehicles make for great daily drivers. Now if you sold a GT350 to get into a MME, then yes you made a terrible decision.

Sponsored

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Electric cars are the future, at the very least because of government regulations concerning ICE engines (in Europe and elsewhere). Unless those regulations change, electric is what will happen going forward. That being said the current crop of electric cars is still at its infancy. Tesla aside most car manufacturers are just releasing their first or second gen electric cars. Plenty of bugs to work out and lessons to learn. I think we should expect a rather large leap in tech, batteries, and range in the coming years. Also the charging network infrastructure is still nascent, which is another concern.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Electric is the future dictated by Government. We can debate the effect on the environment all day long but, Ill skip that. I cant stand when the Government shoves stuff down out throats. That being said, Im not anti Electric and in fact was invited to the basement at Ford to preview the Mach E, I do like the car. I think it where you live and, the vehicles intended purpose is what matters. I live in a Rural/urban area. I could us the E for daily driving but after that, I would have to have a second vehicle to travel. I would also have to update my home electrical service and hearing that it can be up to 10 grand to do so is not attractive either. And then there are going to be the high registration fees that are already being implemented by states. The American people will not travel, wait hours to charge then travel again. Until the range of the EVs improve that's a huge negative. The infrastructure is still an issue as well. At some point that will all be solved.

Sorry if all that is a bit off topic but it is pertinent. The purchase of any EV is dependent on use and where you live at this point. Like any vehicle, the Mach E should not be viewed as an investment. Is it a practical way for you to go about your business? if so, you did just fine. If you were looking for an investment, Yea, you may have screwed up.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
How long does it take to charge those things?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I sold my 2020 5.0 GT and my 2018 screw F150 for a decent profit and purchased a 2021 MACH E . I have never owned an all electric vehicle and I am unsure if it will hold it's value. when the explorer sport came out I bought one and lost my ass on it. so far i've had the MME for 2 days and it is fantastic for in town day to day dutys. but there is that feeling in my gut that says man did I F#$% up?
That feeling in your gut is your soul getting ripped and torn away. Every 5.0 sold for an EV kills kittens, puppies, and tear the wings off of angels. I weep for you. Completely kidding of course.

As said by others, it's a major adjustment and the main thing is your happiness. Enjoy it for what it is and I hope it serves you well.

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Take the MachE to vroom or Carvana, contact them and get an offer. If you donā€™t like it, donā€™t keep it. I had an S4 for all of six months that I traded my LF2018 Shelby for, I got tired of the S4 and itā€™s utilitarian feel, so I traded it for another Shelby.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Take the MachE to vroom or Carvana, contact them and get an offer. If you donā€™t like it, donā€™t keep it. I had an S4 for all of six months that I traded my LF2018 Shelby for, I got tired of the S4 and itā€™s utilitarian feel, so I traded it for another Shelby.
If it makes you happy, It can't be that bad. Good luck.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
If the price of oil hits 100 a barrel(or higher) this year your decision was the right one and eletric cars will gain value very quickly
If oil hits $100/barrel, all other fossil fuel costs will go up. Which also means an increased cost to produce electricity, and higher costs to the consumers. Let alone we don't have the capacity to meet demand for electric use as it is. Certainly in areas like NYC and Long Island, and I'm sure other places like California.
Going to EV's is not as straight foward as they try to make you believe.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If I read your post correctly your issue isn't with the MME itself but it's future value. Is this correct? If it is, then the answer is yes. It's a Ford. In the short term it will not hold its value. 20-30 years from now, who knows.

So you can 1. stop worrying, keep it and enjoy having something fairly unique at this point or 2. check out its current worth and if it's good, sell it.

For what its worth, why didn't you ask yourself this question before spending $40K on a new car?

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Now if you sold a GT350 to get into a MME, then yes you made a terrible decision.
Yet he posted in the GT350 section. šŸ˜
Sponsored