Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Redline Brand Garage Storage Cabinets and Slat Wall installed last week. First home with drywall and plaster on walls. Didn't really want to deal with screw in hooks to mount everything. Decided to start with a basic setup.. not sure if I am going to need another cabinet or just more slat wall. Now the fun begins as I decide on mounting accessories for slat wall. The possibilities are endless.
IMG_0989.JPG
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_0990.JPG
IMG_0992.JPG
Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
any issues with flexing the hose? I read that some guys had to use a heat gun to limber up the rubber hose?
When I installed mine, I used a hair dryer to warm up the hose. Otherwise the way it twisted would've put a kink in the hose.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
When I installed mine, I used a hair dryer to warm up the hose. Otherwise the way it twisted would've put a kink in the hose.
yeah, that's what i've been hearing. I think if the weather is warm enough it shouldn't be a problem.
It's in the 30's here in Wisconsin after a week of 60's.. crazy crazy... If this keeps up i'll be pulling out the heat gun in the garage for sure.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Paid her off this morning. That is a great feeling.
:like: :whew::handshake:

Sponsored

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
yeah, that's what i've been hearing. I think if the weather is warm enough it shouldn't be a problem.
It's in the 30's here in Wisconsin after a week of 60's.. crazy crazy... If this keeps up i'll be pulling out the heat gun in the garage for sure.
If you install the hose the opposite way of the instructions, it will fit without kinking or heating. Put the 90dg fitting at the separator, and the 45dg fitting at the intake :thumbsup:

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
If you install the hose the opposite way of the instructions, it will fit without kinking or heating. Put the 90dg fitting at the separator, and the 45dg fitting at the intake :thumbsup:
Tried that first, but it was worse.
I don't know if different hoses were used throughout the years, or each year GT350 is slightly different. Because there are those who said it fit easily, and those that had to make it fit properly.

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Tried that first, but it was worse.
I don't know if different hoses were used throughout the years, or each year GT350 is slightly different. Because there are those who said it fit easily, and those that had to make it fit properly.
Yeah ok, do you have a photo?

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
I'll have to get a better pic tomorrow, but when I installed my FP passenger catch can, I had no issues installing the hose in the "normal" position at all.

Granted I installed it shortly after I received my car last summer, so the temperatures were plenty warm, but still, it sounds like each one slightly varies from "a perfect fit" to "some work required".

Sponsored

Weather756

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I'll have to get a better pic tomorrow, but when I installed my FP passenger catch can, I had no issues installing the hose in the "normal" position at all.

Granted I installed it shortly after I received my car last summer, so the temperatures were plenty warm, but still, it sounds like each one slightly varies from "a perfect fit" to "some work required".
Here is a pic of install as per Ford Performance instructions. Did not have any problems. Also used clip for cam harness wires to secure instead of second pin.
20210420_094145.jpg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Here's mine, installed as per instructions. Temps were only about 50°, so I had to warm the hose to fit.

20210308_171114.jpg
Thanks guys for all the input. It's hovering around 40, but temps start in the 30's this week so I am thinking I might wait until it warms up this weekend before attempting...

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Mount it either way, works the same.. its a matter of what you prefer