What did you do to your GT350 today?

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I did (another) 800 mile round trip for Easter, and killed a bazillion bugs in the process...
That is one thing I noticed about these cars, bugs seem to collect like crazy on the front bumbers. Went for a short drive along the ocean, and when I got back, I had to clean bugs off the bumber and some on the windshield. Far more prevalent than other cars I've owned. Must be the aerodynmics that seem to suck them to the bumber.
Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hand washed it for the first time, between my water filtration system for washing the car and the ceramic, never have to worry about spots or even drying it.

Also installed my new shift knob that I received today after waiting 2 months.

20210407_185658.jpg
20210407_164532.jpg
106273.jpeg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
First Wash of the season for me. Also got my detailing products brought up from the basement and into the garage....
I have been experimenting with different options for washing. The car was really dirty from sitting all winter without a cover (bad decision) and the cow manure I ran through at the end of last year when I should have went straight home (another bad decision
1f642.png
...) If it's really dirty i've been using Griots Foaming Surface Wash and their foam cannon hooked up to a pressure washer gun. Foam it up, let is sit for 10 minutes, usually wash the wheels while it's sitting, then rinse off. Does a really good job of taking care of 90% of the dirt. I usually have a bucket with Meguires Gold Car Wash and a wash mitt to get a few of the tough areas like the front fascia by hand after rinsing...
I have been experimenting with waterless and rinseless wash products as well and really like the Optimum No Rinse (ONR) product for a quick cleanup or as a quick detailer. Works well with the ceramic coating I put on.
Got it washed up and in the garage just before the rain came...
6.jpg

8.jpg
3.jpg

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
....really like the Optimum No Rinse (ONR) product for a quick cleanup or as a quick detailer. Works well with the ceramic coating I put on.
I like that one as well. Works great for "winter" washes in S Texas when I don't want to get wet in our frigid 40'-50's temps :crackup:. Although we did get one week of Wisconsin temps this year.

Plus it is fast and I can wash it with the garage door down (don't wake kiddos opening the door and pulling it in/out).

Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Went tracking with mine too last weekend. Got thrown into an event full of Porsches. Had a great dice with a GT3; car was just fantastic.
i-MDMNK8K-XL.jpg
Did you run Big Willow or Streets?

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Big Willow, first time there and on a track in over forty years. Fast track, buck thirty into turn one at the end of the day.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Big Willow, first time there and on a track in over forty years. Fast track, buck thirty into turn one at the end of the day.
Never done big willow, only streets, which was a blast!

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Big Willow will really test your nerves. That track is crazy fast and intense. Pedal to the floor, 130mph+, trusting your car to make it through the bumpy ass Turn 8. I've only been once but I still get goosebumps thinking about how that felt.

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Yeah, turn 8... i was chasing a GT 3 for many laps and sailing into that corner flat all the way from turn 5 you are really blazing in there. Took me most of the day to get the courage to stick it in there at 110!

Sponsored

Enduro Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2015 Mustang GT PP (RIP)
Went tracking with mine too last weekend. Got thrown into an event full of Porsches. Had a great dice with a GT3; car was just fantastic.
i-MDMNK8K-XL.jpg
I would love to drive Big Willow. It’s my ”home track” in Gran Turismo Sport, so I am very familiar with its layout—virtually, at least!

Let me also say that your Iconic Silver looks pretty good with blue painter’s tape highlights!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I like that one as well. Works great for "winter" washes in S Texas when I don't want to get wet in our frigid 40'-50's temps :crackup:. Although we did get one week of Wisconsin temps this year.

Plus it is fast and I can wash it with the garage door down (don't wake kiddos opening the door and pulling it in/out).
Thanks for the input, I'm also looking forward to the option of washing it inside the 3rd bay of our garage during some of the unpredictable weather around here. Forecast said no rain until 9pm, but that changed in a big hurry. Next thing you know i'm totally finished drying the car off with the blower and the rain drops started.... :facepalm:
I feel for you guys down in Texas with the harsh weather and loss of power. I told my wife that I'm never complaining again about the -30 degree wind chill weeks when I have running water and power that stays on.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
FINALLY got it out for a ride today. A couple of days ago I had the car running in the driveway just getting ready to leave and I hear the street sweepers coming down my street causing a big bloom of dust and flinging sand, gravel and pebbles out into the center of the street. Just what I need with sticky tires. I put the car back in the garage. One other crazy thing! When I tried to drive the car off the FlatStopper ramps the car wouldn’t move!!!
I lifted the clutch out and the car bounced up and down and would not move! I jacked the car up and the ramps where stuck to the tires. I MEAN STUCK! I had to step on the ramps and peel them off the tires, like they were glued! All four were STUCK! Looking at the ramps you can see the tread pattern of the tires! Well at least I didn’t have flat spots!!!! ANYWAYS! Drove the car for around 75 miles! Today was a VERY enjoyable day. The kind of day I fantasize about during winter. Windows down, t shirt on, pipes open and going through the gears! Today was that day. Car is cleaned up and back in the garage. Couldn’t be in a better mood!:)
D63882CB-14D6-4133-A141-D7A2F035E701.jpeg
2BDB1BC3-3280-416C-8C57-9C5F51257CAE.jpeg
Sponsored