Sponsored

Costco Tires

YellowMelo28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Hey all,

Anybody have experience with buying their tires from Costco? If so, how rough are they with mounting them onto your rims?
Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
I bought my Michelin's from them and they didn't mount them as the Rims are 20". i don't know if it is a state rule over here in PR but they don't mount them in that Rim.

Installed in another place with experience.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I bought my Michelin tires from Costco back in 18' I spoke with the manager before the tires were mounted. He took one look at my car and immediately understood. He put his most experienced changer on my car and it was perfect. I will definitely use them again

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
OP - I see you're in Canada as well - the Costco Tire Shops here I find to be pretty good overall, but Bikeman315 has a good suggestion that I would have also done, and that is talk to the manager of the shop, make it known you're an enthusiast and not a regular guy driving a car as an appliance etc., and that you're picky about the condition of your wheels during mounting.

The thing is it just comes down to the individual installer/technician.

If you get any bad feelings, just go elsewhere to buy, or even another Costco location.

OP
OP

YellowMelo28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Thanks for the responses! I think I will go through with Costco, they have a Michelin discount going on currently so I will take advantage of that. What Michelin tires are you all running?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks for the responses! I think I will go through with Costco, they have a Michelin discount going on currently so I will take advantage of that. What Michelin tires are you all running?
Keep in mind that at least with Costco in the US you get the manufacturers rebates up front in your price. Another advantage.

Tires? I was running A/S's on my 15' EB at the time. AS3+ were awesome. Do not know if they offer the AS4 yet.

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
I haven't used Costco for my Mustang yet, but did use them for tires on my wife's Tahoe back in December. For the price and benefits (roadhazard included in tire price), it's a no-brainer.

If you have aftermarket wheels that aren't stock-sized, they may decline to mount the tires per their policy. In that case, order from Tire Rack, and use one of their recommended installers.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If you have aftermarket wheels that aren't stock-sized, they may decline to mount the tires per their policy.
I ran into that on my pick-up. It was still cheaper to buy the tires from costco and have them mounted elsewhere. I did still get the lifetime rotation.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That is what my local Costco said also; plus they would not honor any kind of warranty if not installed by them.

Nice! I figured you waived the benefits if they didnā€™t mount the tires.

Sponsored

baezj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I replaced my stock Michelin Pilots with AS3+ last month at Costco and had no issues whatsoever. I have a PP1 staggered setup.

The Costco near my house in Northern VA has Hunter state of the art equipment (they only lack the ability to do road force balancing which I wish they did) and it's pretty difficult for the tech to damage any wheels unless they are completely incompetent. Which I have never seen.

I usually make an appointment and lurk around behind their safety chains while my tires are being installed. I've been doing this for years, and they don't care if you do. Typically, they assume you are completely an*al, which I am, and they will be on their best behavior.:like:

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
2 weeks a go I had Costco put on a set of the Michelin A/S 4 tires and got a great deal on them--$723 installed including tax. The installer didn't bugger up the wheels and the tires seem perfectly balanced. I highly recommend these tires.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The Costco near my house in Northern VA has Hunter state of the art equipment (they only lack the ability to do road force balancing which I wish they did)
hey, where you at? Craftsman Auto-care (5 locations from Kingstown to Chantilly along I-66) has Road-Force. 'Safe and Sound Car Audio' on 8104 Sudley Rd, Manassas, VA 20109 does too.

OP
OP

YellowMelo28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Ruby Red
*Update*

Just got my tires done at Costco, good news and bad news.

Good: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 feel great

Bad: They f**ked up one of my rims :facepalm:

I expected a little bit of scratching on the edge of the rims but damn šŸ˜‚

rim1.jpeg
rim2.jpeg
rim3.jpeg

rim4.png

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
That sucks. I hate Costco and won't go there. Too busy and parking is a hassle and I hate crowds. I don't find that their tires priced well and their sizes are limited.
Sponsored