Sponsored

Costco tire experience

bew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP
So at 11k miles I'm in need of some new rubber in the rear. I didn't think my driving was that spirited, but I guess we all have our driving styles. :)

Anyways, I decided on the Bridgestone Potenza S-04s from Costco, 275/40s all around, essentially "unstaggering" my stock GT PP's setup. I was going to keep the 9.5 rims in the rear obviously, but whatever rim I eventually end up with I'll probably go with 275s in the front anyways. Why not start now with my stock GT PP rims.

After ordering the tires at Costco and waiting all week to have them shipped in, they tell me today they're unable to take my car from the current 255/275 staggered setup to 275s all around, due to liability. They are to-the-spec-only!

Anyone else had this experience from Costco? Or any other tire places? I guess now I know to ask beforehand, but I never thought it'd be an issue. :shrug:
Sponsored

Sithel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Not Costco related but I've bought tires over the years from a bunch of places and never had this issue. I remember the tire places would sometimes offer the next size up, from say a 245 to a 255. Maybe more to due with they didn't have that size in stock, but still don't see it being a issue going up a size or 2.

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
Take your wheels off and bring them in

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Or take it to the local discount tire. They'll do it and will likely be more skilled than Costco. :cheers:
depends on what Costco you go to... I know plenty of tire shop Costco employee's with full on drag cars.. I think youre just talking out of your ass at this point..

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
It really depends on which Costco you go to. Talk to the manager, get a feel for that location and if you don't feel comfortable...go somewhere else.

That's where I send my parents and they always get taken care of (Kansas City)

Nick C.

Paulie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yep, I had the same thing happen on a truck. Guy tells me if its not in the MFGs spec they wont mount them. I found a Costco that would but by then......:bolt::bolt:

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I got tires for my wifes 2013 Edge Limited from Costco. Good price and good service. It would have never occured to me to purchase performance tires there.. You live and learn!

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
My son lives in Mesa, 2014 GT, and after talking to my tire supplier (Discount Tire) he said go to their store down there and get what ever you want. Plus size that fits is a 315x30-19 Bridgestone 050A that is almost exact height as PP fitment. Wonderful tire I used on my 2011 Shelby track car.

McCarthy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
depends on what Costco you go to... I know plenty of tire shop Costco employee's with full on drag cars.. I think youre just talking out of your ass at this point..
LOL.

I'm talking out of my ass, but you're not right?

You know of a Costco tire shop employee who has a "drag" car, therefore they're skilled in your mind. You're a complete fucking moron buddy. :headbonk:

OP
OP

bew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP
Thanks for the replies guys.

I did end up at Discount Tire, and decided on Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 255/40s & 295/35s on my GT PP rims. They didn't really care about factory spec, really just whatever I wanted (within reason.)
Sponsored