Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Holy carbon, Batman - that girl was drinking some oil.....
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hey Tom. They don't seem to be available in FL. I am looking for the ESP in FL, any suggestions? I'm guessing there is some regulatory enforced requirement that causes the FL pricing to be +30% over non-FL. Am looking for the 8 year / 48k miles or so. Thanks.
Hi Patrick,

PM me.

Fast Dan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1968 GT500KR, 1972 Mach 1, 2014 GT/CS, 2019 GT/CS
I'm an old guy and have been in Mustangs since 1970 and I'm always willing to learn about them... damn near anything about them. I'm Blessed to have a MCA Gold Card Judge along with a long time Mustang parts and restorer as some of my best friends and we always learn something new. so keep on dishing out what you see, hear or find out. Thanks

bprice70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Magnetic
Clickbait...... I stop by my dealership to pick up my 500 and next to my car is a 350 that is having an engine replaced. The other tech was busy this week replacing 2 other engines.

Your comments are trollish. I am reporting what I saw. Again, I am sorry you are offended. The facts are the facts and you seem to have some sort of agenda. Is it your position that we all pretend there isn't a problem? Do you bleed ford blue to the point that you are stupid? I have more vested in the 350 platform than you do. Dont you dare make me out to be some kind of a troll.

If you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute, then get lost.
What were the 2 other engines they replaced? Cheers

Sponsored

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
Thanks for the post @Tomster. My original engine had ring failure with #4 and #8. Both of which are the rear cylinders if my 64k gray matter ram remembers correctly. Knock on wood, around 12k on the Gen 2 replacement and no issues at all. Last oil run I added 1 quart of oil. My catch can caught half a quart. So over a 5k mile oil run, the Gen 2 burnt half a quart.

Hope we can get the cars together and grab some lunch sometime soon.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
What is the issue with cylinder #8?
From what I understand, Cylinder 8 is in the back of the engine so #8 along with #4 get the hottest. There is a oil line crossover kit that send cooler oil to both cylinders that's supposed to help.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
From what I understand, Cylinder 8 is in the back of the engine so #8 along with #4 get the hottest. There is a oil line crossover kit that send cooler oil to both cylinders that's supposed to help.
Thanks.

Is the oil line crossover kit that you are referring to is the same oil cooling that this girl is talking about?

I don't know what happened to her Cylinder 8 but seems like she had problems also and did added this stuff because of what happened. Not sure what oil balancing tubes are for though but I am a noob when it comes to this stuff.

Is this actually worth considering?

Point45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt350, 05 tacoma, 10 Ducati 1098SF
Thanks.

Is the oil line crossover kit that you are referring to is the same oil cooling that this girl is talking about?

I don't know what happened to her Cylinder 8 but seems like she had problems also and did added this stuff because of what happened. Not sure what oil balancing tubes are for though but I am a noob when it comes to this stuff.

I think this is it, I've been thinking of installing this myself as it was known to help with other svt mustangs in the past.

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=555

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; This will have no bearing on the current engines, but is a story I recall. Back a few decades a buddy had a 57 Ford with a V8. A 312 cu in if memory serves. He had done an alteration to the engine to improve oil flow to the rocker arm assemblies as I recall.

Point45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt350, 05 tacoma, 10 Ducati 1098SF
Can that be installed without removing the engine?
Yes but not easily. Seems the hardest part would be knocking out the freeze plugs with so little room to work with.

I've also read of people plumping it into the heater core line to provide additional cooling and not just equalize the temp between heads.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I think this is it, I've been thinking of installing this myself as it was known to help with other svt mustangs in the past.

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=555
Yeah that's it. Just did a quick google search and saw it. Apparently honeybadger made a video on it but has yet to confirm if it works (I'm guessing thats because of COVID)

I still don't know why she did the custom oil balancing tubes though. Im guessing just better circulation and better cooling?

Last edited:

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
Thanks.

I do not believe it's necessary for normal street use. It adds another point of failure and more importantly another pathway for Ford to not honor their engine warranty. Not saying this would not be beneficial or that Ford would do so but why take the chance. @honeybadger would probably have better insight to your question though.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I do not believe it's necessary for normal street use. It adds another point of failure and more importantly another pathway for Ford to not honor their engine warranty. Not saying this would not be beneficial or that Ford would do so but why take the chance. @honeybadger would probably have better insight to your question though.
I agree. Besides, in the description of MMR's cooling head mod: " #8 - the cylinder long known to be the first to detonate with aggressive naturally aspirated tunes and forced induction." So, it may need for procharged and tuned voodoo engines.
Sponsored