ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like fun!! Been itching to get mine out to a few tracks here in Fla.
Did you swap to high temp brake fluid first? Did you hit high temp on the rear diff like I've heard happens?
Sponsored

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
Looks like fun!! Been itching to get mine out to a few tracks here in Fla.
Did you swap to high temp brake fluid first? Did you hit high temp on the rear diff like I've heard happens?
I run Motul Racing brake fluid and replace it twice a year. I also run Motul synthetic oil in the Coyote. I did install a FTBR Diff cooler to give me piece of mind at the track and I do change the transmission fluid and rear diff oil every year before the track season starts.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I wish I could figure out how to transfer my on board video to this forum. This is a very good track car / daily driver and it is hard to beat the bang for your buck in this car and most importantly, it puts a huge smile on your face. I have passed GT 350's and I am neck and neck with a GT 350 R at Area 27. The next thing for me to do is get 18" wheels and slicks to run on the track.

Area 27 GVMA (2).jpg

Area 27 mustang.jpg

area 27 4.jpg
Wholeheartedly agree.
We obviously have the Mach1 out and PP2 is now discontinued, but depending on how the options are loaded up, in 301A car (I happen to have the 401A) the PP2 is real great value out of the box.

Is it perfect, no, and arguably, the one big missing link is the diff cooler from factory, for real sustained events.

Again, stock for stock, but the great thing about the coyote over say the voodoo in the GT350/R, is the low end torque delivery. If there's even a modicum of street driving, the lack of low end could be tiring for some, who also need a DD. The coyote is great, N/A all-rounder.

PP2 is a great value for what you get, over say the pp1.

So for guys who are new here, looking at what's left of new PP2s on dealer lots, or have scouted a few used ones, the car is great buy.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I wish I could figure out how to transfer my on board video to this forum. This is a very good track car / daily driver and it is hard to beat the bang for your buck in this car and most importantly, it puts a huge smile on your face. I have passed GT 350's and I am neck and neck with a GT 350 R at Area 27. The next thing for me to do is get 18" wheels and slicks to run on the track.

Area 27 GVMA (2).jpg

Area 27 mustang.jpg

area 27 4.jpg
Sounds like you had a great outing.

Curious, with those large 15" Brembos, how do you plan on getting 18" wheels to fit? I am under the impression that the smallest wheel that will fit is a 19".

This is aftermarket, not OEM but by measurements they are identical to what is OEM

https://www.racetechnologies.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/1N1.9047A.pdf

The widest part of the front Brembo brake measures 8 5/8" radius. You might have issues with the barrel measurement on an 18". I was told that as long as the barrel radius was at least 8 3/4", you will be fine. that puts the inner diameter at 17.5" - rather tight for an 18" wheel.

All the best and I hope these pieces of data help.

Last edited:

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
Sounds like you had a great outing.

Curious, with those large 15" Brembos, how do you plan on getting 18" wheels to fit? I am under the impression that the smallest wheel that will fit is a 19".

This is aftermarket, not OEM but by measurements they are identical to what is OEM

https://www.racetechnologies.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/1N1.9047A.pdf

The widest part of the front Brembo brake measures 8 5/8" radius. You might have issues with the barrel measurement on an 18". I was told that as long as the barrel radius was at least 8 3/4", you will be fine. that puts the inner diameter at 17.5" - rather tight for an 18" wheel.

All the best and I hope these pieces of data help.
Apex make good wheels and 18" wheels that clear the calipers, they actually have a good selection of styles too for a good price. Then you can pick up slightly used slicks from the professional teams at $150 USD each. Thankfully I have friends who transport my track wheels for me in their trailers because there is no way to fit them in the car.

Sponsored

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I run Motul Racing brake fluid and replace it twice a year. I also run Motul synthetic oil in the Coyote. I did install a FTBR Diff cooler to give me piece of mind at the track and I do change the transmission fluid and rear diff oil every year before the track season starts.
Thanks for the solid info.
Been eyeing that same diff cooler too, seems like a straightforward DIY project and definite peace of mind. Also a trans cooler, the simple plate type that just directs air over it.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Nice to see someone else tracking their PP2. I've run faster then a couple of GT350's as well but that's a driver mod. The few I've beaten around the local tracks aren't pushing it as hard as I do. They should just trade me cars :). I'm considering a Mach1 for the Transmission and coolers if I can get a decent deal. At some point I'm thinking Apex 18's with racing slicks as well (with either car). With the Mach I'm actually considering the auto since they added a cooler to that as well. Then it would be awesome all around car: Street, Strip, Track. Probably faster around the track as well with faster shifting.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Just in case anyone is looking for a new PP2 they have one at the local dealership here in Cabot Arkansas. Its blue. At Red River Ford.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
"... the great thing about the coyote over the voodoo (GT350/R) is the low end torque delivery. If there's even a modicum of street driving, the lack of low end could be tiring for some, who also need a DD. The coyote is a great, N/A all-rounder. The PP2 is a great value for what you get, over say the pp1."
Just an FYI ... Recently my 2018 PP2 spent the good part of a day on Steeda's chassis dyno. With a Borla S-type exhaust system (+ Borla resonator), Steeda CAI (555-3228), throttle body spacer (555-3225) & tune, the end result was (+/-) 460 HP & 420 lb/ft ... at the rear wheels!!! Obviously, for those of you who track your Mustang, a less restrictive exhaust system & higher octane race gas would net you even more, but I was merely interested being mo' bettah than the current Bullitt & upcoming Mach 1.

The figures quoted above put the PP2 in the same ball park as the GT350 in terms of RWHP. Car & Driver (C&D) just recently had a GT350 v. PP2 track comparison w/the PP2 beating the GT350 in cornering & braking ... due to the larger wheel/tire package. The GT350 did have better OA lap times due to 66 more HP. With the above mentioned power increase, the only advantage the (unmodified) GT350 has is greater laps run due to the trans & diff coolers. Like I said, just an FYI.

One final note regarding your comment about the great value of a PP2 ... that is, w/o a doubt, going to be the S550 Mustang to look for when they start hitting the used car market. You get the great PP2 package w/out the $5,000 (or whatever) surcharge for the Shelby/Bullitt/Mach 1 badging ("We don't need no stinkin' badges!!!"). And, unlike the above mentioned trifecta, you won't take a financial hit for any (intelligent) mods done to the car.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just an FYI ... Recently my 2018 PP2 spent the good part of a day on Steeda's chassis dyno. With a Borla S-type exhaust system (+ Borla resonator), Steeda CAI (555-3228), throttle body spacer (555-3225) & tune, the end result was (+/-) 460 HP & 420 lb/ft ... at the rear wheels!!! Obviously, for those of you who track your Mustang, a less restrictive exhaust system & higher octane race gas would net you even more, but I was merely interested being mo' bettah than the current Bullitt & upcoming Mach 1.

The figures quoted above put the PP2 in the same ball park as the GT350 in terms of RWHP. Car & Driver (C&D) just recently had a GT350 v. PP2 track comparison w/the PP2 beating the GT350 in cornering & braking ... due to the larger wheel/tire package. The GT350 did have better OA lap times due to 66 more HP. With the above mentioned power increase, the only advantage the (unmodified) GT350 has is greater laps run due to the trans & diff coolers. Like I said, just an FYI.

One final note regarding your comment about the great value of a PP2 ... that is, w/o a doubt, going to be the S550 Mustang to look for when they start hitting the used car market. You get the great PP2 package w/out the $5,000 (or whatever) surcharge for the Shelby/Bullitt/Mach 1 badging ("We don't need no stinkin' badges!!!"). And, unlike the above mentioned trifecta, you won't take a financial hit for any (intelligent) mods done to the car.
How do you like the S type? Any sound clips? Did you have active exhaust?

Sponsored

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
(...) arguably, the one big missing link is the diff cooler from factory, for real sustained events.
I agree with most of what you said but especially that part! My biggest gripe with the car. A huge oversight on Ford's part IMHO on a model that's basically a handling special.

Another thing is I find the gearing a bit tall. I guess throwing ~$2000 at the diff would solve all (4.09 + cooler kit) but I would've preferred if this was good to go from the factory.

Last edited:

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
"How do you like the S type? Any sound clips? Did you have active exhaust?"
I like the tone, but really dislike the later style tips (v. the earlier style that was on my '98 GT). However, that was easily changed out after the fact. The active exhaust was a $900+ option that I just didn't feel would benefit me. Literally, the only option I checked off was the PP2.

Sound clip? You gotta be kiddin' me! I'm still trying to figure how to post a photo of my car on this site! Being old, grouchy & senile is not as easy as it seems!!! :curse:

Last edited:

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
"A huge oversight on Ford's part IMHO on a model that's basically a handling special."
No argument w/your logic. However, in Ford's defense, they made it very clear at the initial press intro that the PP2 was designed from the beginning to fill the gap between the PP1 & the GT350. They already had a "track car" w/the GT350R & loading the PP2 up w/any number of Shelby items would 1) dilute the Shelby model & 2) increase the price point of the PP2. There was a larger segment of the market that wanted a more Hi-Po Mustang for the street v. a cheaper track car.

If you think about it, that's why the GT350 is being dropped at the same time that the Mach 1 is being introduced. The "Track Package" for the Mach 1 has many of those GT350 suspension & cooler upgrades. The Mach 1 now becomes that in-between Mustang between the GT & the GT500. The downside is that the starting price for the Mach 1 is $53k (before the "track package" option).

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So I have some PP2 questions. I even went back to the original PP2 article on here when news of it first debuted in 2017 and followed the many pages through of the first 2018 deliveries and beyond. I’ve hit and followed a few other PP2 threads as well, but can’t nail down answers to what I’m seeking....

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...2-pp2-tremor-package-contents-revealed.92258/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...you-let-engineers-tinker.111751/#post-2375506

How does one know or tell if a used PP2 had the “Tremor Package”? I already went to Ford ETIS and plugged a few VINs I came across, but don’t see “Tremor Package” listed anywhere as some stated in the older threads.

Does a PP2 with factory equipped MR suspension sit lower than one without?

In this random 2018 PP2 window sticker example, aside from the front Recaro seats (because it has a showstopper interior pkg), would the options listed here be considered a fully loaded all options available PP2? Is this a “Tremor Package”?
573547DD-B638-46D5-BFAE-9ECE60F32FD9.jpeg

For anyone looking, here’s the GT350 vs PP2 article when it was posted on this site:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gtpp2-vs-gt350-caranddriver.134459/

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
So I have some PP2 questions. I even went back to the original PP2 article on here when news of it first debuted in 2017 and followed the many pages through of the first 2018 deliveries and beyond. I’ve hit and followed a few other PP2 threads as well, but can’t nail down answers to what I’m seeking....

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...2-pp2-tremor-package-contents-revealed.92258/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...you-let-engineers-tinker.111751/#post-2375506

How does one know or tell if a used PP2 had the “Tremor Package”? I already went to Ford ETIS and plugged a few VINs I came across, but don’t see “Tremor Package” listed anywhere as some stated in the older threads.

Does a PP2 with factory equipped MR suspension sit lower than one without?

In this random 2018 PP2 window sticker example, aside from the front Recaro seats (because it has a showstopper interior pkg), would the options listed here be considered a fully loaded all options available PP2? Is this a “Tremor Package”?
573547DD-B638-46D5-BFAE-9ECE60F32FD9.jpeg

For anyone looking, here’s the GT350 vs PP2 article when it was posted on this site:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gtpp2-vs-gt350-caranddriver.134459/
It's almost like the "Tremor Package" IS the PP2 package. Looking back at that first link you included, Tremor looks like some sort of marketing name that either didn't stick or was outright dropped in favor of keeping the simple PP2 or Level 2. Plus, with the Shaker Pro Audio System, how much shakin' does a Mustang need?
Sponsored