2018 Quirks - what have you noticed?

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Every 18 Mustang I saw so far has the same quality issue. In the gap between frontbumper and hood the bumper is not painted completely. :frusty:
was this earlier models? mine looks fine..
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Am I crazy or are our hoods fit differently?

The part I think he is talking about is this rubber seal between the hood and bumper, it's pretty pronounced on mine. I can see it on mine even at the same angle as your photos. My hood also sits too low..it's lower than the inner edges of the fenders.
IMG_4827.JPG
IMG_4828.JPG

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yeah, I meant the part in the gap itself, you can see it from topdown, not from the front. The bumper itself is not painted completely above the part where the rubber sits.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
#firstworldproblems :)

really, my little quirks that i guess bug me the most is the car should start in MyMode every time if its set, at least a option.. Its "MyMode" for a reason. its the mode i want to drive my car in. At least give it a option to always start that way. Also from my research, as one of the earlier builds, my digital dash does not have the readouts just gauges. ie, oil temp, IAT and such, i just have the gauges. I was told there is a firmware update and ill have that to scroll through, but the firmware seems to delete the oil temp gauge/reading... so i haven't went to get it updated.

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
One quirk I found will blank the digital display. If I click the mode switch before pressing the start button; the digital display turns off. The car can be started and driven with a blank display. I don’t know how to turn the display back on. But, it comes back after being off for about 2 hours.

Weird.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
One thing I have noticed, not really a quirk, but IMO the way it should work all the time is if I only shut my car off for a few minutes, my options don't revert back to the stock/normal settings. For instance, if I have active exhaust set to sport, it will fire back up in sport rather than default back to normal. I haven't tried to see how long it has to sit before it goes back. Maybe it's the time that power stays live after you shut off the car. I need to play with it more as well as other settings like driving modes, etc.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Adaptive cruise. Smoothly following a car round a corner, the Mustang sees a bus by the side of the road and brakes hard to stay behind the stationary bus.
Yeah my mom and I were in her 2016 Acura ILX and the truck in front of us pulled over on the side of the road. And her adaptive cruise control stopped in the middle of the highway. Which I don't understand why the truck pulled over on the side of the highway. We are taking my 2018 on its first road trip in September. I'm nervous cause it'll be in a parking garage for a week. :(

Dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
- Powered seat doesn't return to last position: When starting the car, the seat should go back to its' last position, which in my case is the Memory 1 position. Sometimes it does, sometimes it only goes part the way. I know this because when I hit Memory 1, sometimes its' already there and doesn't move, sometimes it moves even more. I use one key fob, so it's not that..
My '16 had been randomly doing that too, and I think at least in my case, it's when I slightly resist the seat's forward motion.

Usually after I hit they button to start it up, I've got my feet on the floor pushing myself back against the seat back to buckle up, it take surprisingly little resistance to get the seat to think it is doing something bad, at which point, it stops moving forward.

So far, since I've been letting it finish moving before I get myself good and planted in the seat, it hasn't happened again.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
One quirk I found will blank the digital display. If I click the mode switch before pressing the start button; the digital display turns off. The car can be started and driven with a blank display. I don’t know how to turn the display back on. But, it comes back after being off for about 2 hours.

Weird.
...That's not a quirk, but a potential big safety issue.

Can anyone else here replicate this?
Sponsored