Sponsored

2018 Quirks - what have you noticed?

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
- Rain sensitive wipers way too sensitive even on lowest sensitivity setting.
OMG, I forgot that one!!!! Wipers go insane at the slightest of rain and slowest of driving speeds. My prior car got the wiping perfect.

Seriously, this needs a software flash/update of some kind. Even on manual the slowest speed is still too fast.

I have to keep it off most of the time to avoid scratching up the windows and wearing out the blades.
Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Not so much a quirk, as a pet peeve, but what's up with two steering wheel stalks? One multi purpose stalk on the left side has worked for decades.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
OMG, I forgot that one!!!! Wipers go insane at the slightest of rain and slowest of driving speeds. My prior car got the wiping perfect.

Seriously, this needs a software flash/update of some kind. Even on manual the slowest speed is still too fast.

I have to keep it off most of the time to avoid scratching up the windows and wearing out the blades.
Strangely mine hasn't been in the rain, so I haven't tried the rain sensing wipers yet. However, it sounds like I will eventually just turn that crap off like I did in my F-150. I was hoping the Mustangs would work better, but it doesn't sound like they will.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
- AUTO mode in climate control will not use the footwell vent - you have to select this manually on the touchscreen. Other vehicles I've used with AUTO will use all the vents to disperse the air wherever it feels it is needed, including the footwells. AUTO in the 18 means auto fan and temp above the waist.
AUTO will use dash vents most of the time when cooling, and floor vents when heating. If air is being recirculated without much heating or cooling, it will use blend mode. This is typical on most cars with automatic climate control due to the fact that cold air falls and heat rises, thus cooling the floorboard doesn't cool the car as efficiently.

5OhSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT S/C PP2 - '15 GT PP - '18 GT
2200 RPM rattle in the gen 3 coyote.

High RPM clutch grind on shifts.

Wait, are we talking quirks or problems?
Mine has that rattle too and after some research I think it's normal. Mine goes away after the engine oil is fully warmed up. It seems the GT350's also do this. Ford even released a statement about it on the GT350. Whatever causes it (I think its the spray liner) it seems to have made it's way to the Gen 3. Car still pulls like a train though for me.

I used to have the grind too. I say "used to" because after my break-in period I've started to beat on the car some more and I think I may have "beat" the grind out of it lol. Idk maybe it was driver mod after I fully got used to the grab point etc etc. Thought I'd chime in because its good to hear others having the same quirk/problems as my car.

Sponsored

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
One more little thing...sometimes it seems like there is no backlighting at all for the gages/instrument panel. (I don't have the big digital instrument panel option.) It seems to do this in lighting conditions where it's bright outside (generally speaking) but you are in a shady place out of the sun. (If it thinks it's night, shouldn't it go into the night mode for gauges, with the Mycolor lighting? It just goes dark. It seems to "wake up" when I start driving)

In actual night, it seems to work OK (the backlighting and colors).

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The "Normal" noises the A10 makes are very odd and quirky.

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Ok so the message I get when I turn on cruise control is “Normal Cruise Active. Adaptive Braking Off”. Most of the time I get it, sometimes I don’t.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Ok so the message I get when I turn on cruise control is “Normal Cruise Active. Adaptive Braking Off”. Most of the time I get it, sometimes I don’t.
? I have never seen that message. Is your adaptive disabled?

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
? I have never seen that message. Is your adaptive disabled?
Yep. I hate it. Leaves too large of a gap between you and the car in front on you, which allows other cars to jump in that gap, which causes your car to slow down abruptly to maintain the separation distance, etc etc.

I just wish it didn’t have to remind me that it’s off every time, or mostly every time, that I turn on cruise.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Our UK spec RHD cars do not show oil pressure or temperature. The list of options for the digi dash gauges is different to the USA ones. Really quite poor.
The lack of oil temp in this type of car really is a miss. Don't have it (at least in Sweden) either.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
#Alignment issues on panels
#Framing around the windows uneven/ not sitting correctly
#I have dirt under the paint in some places
#Imperfections on metal work(looks like small dents)
#Car was delivered with a paint chip on the passenger side front fender and also on the front passenger door
#Some rattle from the interior
#Armrest on the driver door squeking
#Seat belt "lock/holder" squeaking on driver side
#Ticking noise from the engine area
#Clonking noise when putting the car in reverse and slowly starting to back up

Car has been at the shop for almost three weeks and I have been driving it for 4w........ will retrieve it on monday. The have only taken care of the engine ticking(not sure if solved) and the paint chips.

No I don't have any luck with any of my cars. Other none Ford related issues with the car we don't have to talk about here. But I have almost had it. Some cars are prone to having issues no matter what from start to beginning.

Last edited:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a 16 owner and i'm noticing 18 owners are having issues with these cars that shouldn't be happening. Its shocking. A refresh of an already good platform is suppose to make the car better not worst..particularly the mt-82...I've seen multiple examples of cars that are sitting at the dealer for 30 days plus awaiting back ordered fragile shift forks that will likely break again...Glad i stuck with my 16 Auto of which i haven't had a single issue with!

cobrapatrol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
1969 Triumph TR6, 2018 GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Reflected sunlight glare onto the digital dash or reflecting off the metallic surfaces of the steering wheel spokes. Along the same lines, the remote garage door control on the visor. I drive into the setting sun when trying to operate my garage door - which makes me lift the sun visor to operate the control. My Mazda has the garage door controls on the mirror - which I find much more practical.
Most of this could be solved by moving out of the desert! :rolleyes:
Sponsored