PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

gtmorgan23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I have about 300 miles on my PP2 and I love it!!!
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
They came stock chromed over. They do have rubber passing through so it is really not a problem but I do understand. It wasn't an option to have or have not. It came with the Premium package as far as I can guess.

Rapid Red,
I wasn't trying to convince you unless you work for Ford. They are the only one who counts when trying to convince someone. We are all entitled to our opinions. When a car has things half way done, they either shouldn't be done or done fully. That is all I am saying.
Not Ford employed, and yes we do have our right to opinions. Let me restate mine ... we disagree. Apparently Ford has the same idea as I, as one who does not count ........LMAO

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Almost a week on mine, and I love it. Gets a lot of compliments, people mistake it for a GT350 when they ask. I'm still programming myself "back into parking spots, back into parking spots..."

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm still programming myself "back into parking spots, back into parking spots..."
Once you start doing this on any regular basis, you probably won't want to go back to driving straight in, in any car. Not having to back out is a lot less stressful because your normal driving position will have you facing in the same direction the car is going in.

Norm

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Once you start doing this on any regular basis, you probably won't want to go back to driving straight in, in any car. Not having to back out is a lot less stressful because your normal driving position will have you facing in the same direction the car is going in.

Norm
Agree. We back in at work due to terminal safety requirements. I've also kinda been parking this car in the rear areas of parking lots by itself too lol.

Sponsored

mach1mustangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX 5.0, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
I have owned my PP2 401A since June of 2019 and love the car. I only have about 3500 miles on it, but it is still so much fun. The only thing I didn't like was how the stock Cup 2 tires drove daily. They tend to "tram" and walk all over the place while driving. To be able to keep the originality of the car, I fixed this by purchasing a 2nd set of wheels and tires for "daily driving". This will allow me to swap the Cup 2's back over if I go back to the Tail of the Dragon or just other runs around the Blue Ridge Parkway. Other than that, its a great, well rounded car that you can drive daily or rip around the mountains. :rockon:

2020-10-06 14_34_19-Window.png

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Question about PP2 on 2019. I just bought mine, with 14,500 miles on it and it has Nitto 555's. 305 in back and 285/35 front. Does that mean the original user replaced the Cups already or did some come with these? Mine will "tram" at times with the Nittos.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Question about PP2 on 2019. I just bought mine, with 14,500 miles on it and it has Nitto 555's. 305 in back and 285/35 front. Does that mean the original user replaced the Cups already or did some come with these? Mine will "tram" at times with the Nittos.
Are you sure it is a PP2? Can you verify that it is one? Many of the dress up parts can be added to a regular GT which is why I ask.

That said, it sounds like the owner though putting narrower tires on the front might improve tramming.

The other thing that could have happened was that the dealership put on cheaper tires since the Cup 2 are very expensive in comparison.

Not sure why they would use a 285/35 tire. That tire has a larger diameter than the 305/30 normally found on the car. That would raise the front of the car a little. It is about 0.75" in diameter more than stock. I could see putting larger in the rear to give it that jacked up look but why put larger diameter in the front?

The stock wheels are Front: 19 x 10.5 ET24 and Rear : 19 x 11 ET 48 and usually come with 305/30R19 tires on all four.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
No stock car that I've heard about is sold with Nitto tires. For a reason.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I got the sticker, it was $6500 PP2 and 401A. Car was like $52k sticker. Owner must have changed them then.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
No matter what trim Mustang you have, or what year it is, any Nitto tire is a replacement tire. And anybody who had possession of the car could have made the switch.

Can you provide the full tire size designations? I'm guessing that they're 285/35-19 and 305/35-19, which are both a good bit taller than the PP2's original size.

Some tires do tramline more than others, but there's a little more to perceived tramlining than just tires and possibly wheel widths/offsets. Some of it is a new owner who is not fully accustomed to driving a car with turn-in response that's significantly sharper than what he has been driving.

Norm

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I'll take a look. or maybe wasn't happy with the fronts sticking out as much slinging debris on side of the car? Who knows what people do lol.

Wet traction has been fine so far, and they are not noisy, so that is a plus. I'll def replace with Michelins though.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Out of curiosity, are they G2-version 555's?

Norm
Yes. I checked all that out this weekend when I was curious as to why no Michelins. Looks like speedo is barely (0.5 mph) off as they are a little taller, and about 0.79" less in width.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yeah, I got the sticker, it was $6500 PP2 and 401A. Car was like $52k sticker. Owner must have changed them then.
You mentioned you bought the car used and it had 14,500 miles on it, correct? If so, that is why the original Cup 2's are no longer on the car. From everything I read, the Cup 2's would have been worn out well before 14,500 miles.

Doug
Sponsored