Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You can buy the FP diff cooler for $1600, er 2500 and install it yourself. The A10 cars already have a trans cooler and have for years. All PP1 cars have had an oil cooler. If you wanted more you simply install a Mishimoto for $600.
OK Matt, we get it. You don't think the Mach 1 is worth the money. Fine, but there are many who do. Let them enjoy ordering their cars without having to read about how you think they're stupid.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Believe me, I thought about that and weighed out the reasons why I’d spend more on the Mach over pp gt.
-Limited edition
-unique front and rear ends , not a fan of 18-20 front
-better 10-speed auto
-red calipers
-I only like factory order, not off lot

And after you put active exhaust and magnaride on a pp it’s less than $10k difference even if you get $5k off sticker
I do not understand why the need to rationalize. A Mustang is not a "need", it's a "want". Buy what you want. There will always be naysayers. Ignore them and enjoy your new Mach 1.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
OK Matt, we get it. You don't think the Mach 1 is worth the money. Fine, but there are many who do. Let them enjoy ordering their cars without having to read about how think they're stupid.
oh, I don't necessarily think it is worth the money, I think in general the mustangs are overpriced for where they should be. however, Ford has it priced at a point I'll still begrudgingly pay for a 21 Mach 1.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I think there's a smallish-but-growing group of people who want to run their automatic-equipped cars out on road courses. Though it's hard to imagine it's a big enough group to be catering to just yet.
The A10 cooling in the Mach 1 is stated at 75% more cooling. Unless that's going to be for all A10's going forward. If you're a drag racer a regular A10 is fine. If the Mach 1 really has 75% better cooling on the A10 it might make for an interesting road race option.
I believe there is a technical, not marketing reason for Ford is not offering the A10 with the handling package. Serious road racers are going to want the handling package so no A10 for them.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
And after you put active exhaust and magnaride on a pp it’s less than $10k difference even if you get $5k off sticker
further up I posted just one example of a 401A+pp1+MR+AE+A10 ask 44.4k which is more than 10 grand clear of a Mach1. Knock-off GT350 swings are $300? PP2 splitter or ZL1-addons are a couple hundred too as I recall. No wheel Ford produces is worth a damn because they are so heavy (carbon wheels excepted). The aftermarket will have those Ford wheels cloned before they are even available for purchase thru the parts department.
Serious road racers are going to want the handling package so no A10 for them.
75% more A10 cooling likely just means an extra row on the current rad. But "I'm a serious road racer" and I can rip off shifts in 1/4 the time with an A10 vs M6 while flying down the straights. QED, all serious racers will want the A10 because the gear choice will always be "right", my hands can stay on the wheel at all times, and my right foot only needs concern itself with the simple task of mashing one pedal or the other. :)

Yes, that was part sarcasm.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger

We've (she has) got 2 - 1/2 little dogs. A havachon (sp) half bichon frise half havanese and a havanese. We're also most likely going to end up with my older son's French Bulldog. My wife's aunt is a breeder, and the two of ours (hers) are from her aunt. They were both defective, one an overbite and one had to be nursed by hand for its first 3 or 4 weeks. So we (wife) ended up with them. Everytime we go visit, my heads straight out to the barn. I finally told her, you get another dog, I'm getting another car. Pretty sure that put an end to the dog situation. Except for the frenchie. That dog is the biggest PITA. And dumb. You know it's bad when even the vet tells you, "you know, your dog is just not that smart".

Back on topic, for that kind of $$$, keeping the GT looks better and better. I would love to pull off a double trade, the Cherokee and GT for a Bronco and Mach 1, but...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I believe there is a technical, not marketing reason for Ford is not offering the A10 with the handling package. Serious road racers are going to want the handling package so no A10 for them.
That's Ford's current thinking, anyway . . .

Norm

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I would agree with that in most cases. But if you look at some other offerings in the road race arena times may be changing. Porsche's PDK has been around for years but even the GT500 (DCT) is billed as being a great road race car.

That's Ford's current thinking, anyway . . .

Norm
Maybe after using the DCT in the GT500 they will see more people wanting an auto as road race option. I would consider a well prepped auto to be a great all around car. Street, track and strip. There are several people I've talked to that road race their 2018+ A10 cars and the most serious of which has burned up 3 transmissions already.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Even though I love the styling of the Mach 1 I think the price is too high for the value. You basically don't have to spend that much more for a new ZL1 or C8 1LT, both are way better performance cars while the Mach 1 is pretty much a fancier PP2. They should have gone for 500+hp to make the Mach 1 worth it imho.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Have you sat in a Camaro, it’s horrible and the trunk can’t even fit golf clubs without putting seats down... no thanks

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Even though I love the styling of the Mach 1 I think the price is too high for the value.
This car is not about value. This car is about nostalgia. Those who want it will pay for it.

You basically don't have to spend that much more for a new ZL1 or C8 1LT, both are way better performance cars while the Mach 1 is pretty much a fancier PP2.
The buyer for a Mach 1 doesn't want a Camaro or C8 so it doesn't matter. And we have been over the PP@ vs. Mach 1 quite a bit. A Mach 1 is a lot more than just a warmed over PP2.

They should have gone for 500+hp to make the Mach 1 worth it imho.
Come on, really. 4% more HP is all the difference between in making it worthy? Sorry Ace, but I think not.

Way to much buck and not enough bang!! These things are not going to be flying of the shelves!!
Another one. :facepalm: Only the most track capable 5.0 Mustang ever and its not enough. OK, it's not a Shelby but it's not supposed to be. And they weren't exactly flying off the shelves either. Ford will sell everyone they make. The dealers will decide how long they are going to sit on their floors.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
This car is not about value. This car is about nostalgia. Those who want it will pay for it.
then by god it should have come with a NACA hood and shaker. /ducks
Dodge can do the engineering, how come Ford can't?
Sponsored