Sponsored

GT350: Caveat Emptor

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Fellas...

You bit, you had to read it through to the bottom...

Subliminal classified ad on this side of the house when it should have been posted in the members classified ad section.

LOL....
Sponsored

Huckfin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2012 GT Premium Convert
Fellas...

You bit, you had to read it through to the bottom...

Subliminal classified ad on this side of the house when it should have been posted in the members classified ad section.

LOL....
Ya' know, Cobra Jet, I thought of that myself after I posted. But, wheels are touchy things of beauty and I don't want to risk getting them dinged in shipping and then have to take them back or get in a dispute with the buyer. I've had enough automotive problems this year. To me, dings of any kind on alloy wheels is as big an announcement that there is a nimrod behind the wheel as was curb rash on whitewall tires when I was a kid (there, I've somewhat disclosed my age). Nor would I risk shipping tires after seeing what has happed to tires that other people shipped. They looked like rather than riding in the van they were dragged behind the van on a long rope. And, the cat back is all in pieces with no packaging material. The original packaging was almost destroyed when it arrived. No, my intent is only to sell locally so that I won't have to ship, and I have posted the stuff locally. But, Cobra Jet, it was a well deserved comment!

bullitt5566

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lighning Blue GT350 2010 Blue Flame Raptor 2001 True Blue Bullitt
My engine blew up..... Moving on.

nicosuave1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
11k miles on mine including a few autocross days, no failures bro. Yes it needs a quart every 1200 miles or so, so what? Small price to pay for the VOODOO, which is what it does, and puts you in a hypnotic state between 6-8.2k rpms bro.
You were probably chilling in the 7k rpm range constantly then wondering why it fails. Just a hunch. Poor drivers on this power train are a bad mix, probably why they are dc'ing it and going autos only on the 500's. Too bad a few bad apples have to ruin the fun.
Cheers to the 350, it will always have been the best mustang Ford ever made.

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm beginning to think half of the blown engine claims are the results of shitty driving or negligence.

I mean how can not one, but two engines grenade on you?
mine happened one saturday morning in the garage after a cold start: my oil pump seized and wrecked it..never taken it to the track

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
mine happened one saturday morning in the garage after a cold start: my oil pump seized and wrecked it..never taken it to the track
You must’ve pushed the start button too hard.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I'm beginning to think half of the blown engine claims are the results of shitty driving or negligence.

I mean how can not one, but two engines grenade on you?
I have 13,650 miles on my 6 week old HEP. JLT catch can was .25 full at ea 5k oil change. No biggie. My take is that this is op's first manual ................ Or, op transitioned from a Miata.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It's perfectly understandable given Ford's lack of QC that he had 2 engines grenade on him in close succession. "it happens" is not an excuse, however. If Honda Civics or Camrys blew up there would be hell to pay in Consumer Reports, in the factory and in the materials pipeline - might even involve long swords and white Kimono's.

Still not seeing a 'for sale' thread for the wheels, tires, or even the car. I guess that was on autotrader or something.

It's a car. It's disposable. It depreciates at 7-11%/yr, and 20+% the moment you drive it off the lot.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
It's perfectly understandable given Ford's lack of QC that he had 2 engines grenade on him in close succession. "it happens" is not an excuse, however. If Honda Civics or Camrys blew up there would be hell to pay in Consumer Reports, in the factory and in the materials pipeline - might even involve long swords and white Kimono's.

Still not seeing a 'for sale' thread for the wheels, tires, or even the car. I guess that was on autotrader or something.

It's a car. It's disposable. It depreciates at 7-11%/yr, and 20+% the moment you drive it off the lot.
Meh... I was just talking a chick that drives granny-style whose Hyundai Elantra threw a piston-tantrum. I also just heard of a Honda engine issue where Honda is having issues.

So, they have issues as well... reason you don’t hear about it because they’re not purists/enthusiasts who join forums like this.

It’s perfectly more understandable to accept operator error than mechanical failure... as we unfortunately see more operator error in aviation mishaps than mechanical failure.

Putting these engines in the hands of a special few to assemble decreases the opportunity for mishap... unfortunately, those assemblers can’t account for the quality of the products they’re putting in these engines if they can’t see it. How many times have you looked at a valve on its face and accepted it as a quality product that is free of defect? Hell... if that mantra was perfect divorce wouldn’t happen right?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
How many times have you looked at a valve on its face and accepted it as a quality product that is free of defect?
that's the point of out-going QC and in-coming QC at ford which they clearly don't do or not near enough of it.
Hell... if that mantra was perfect divorce wouldn’t happen right?
that would indeed be helpful to society at large. Is there a cat scan for 'crazy bitch'? Or 'drunken lout'?
Sponsored