Sponsored

10r80 SUCKS!

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
NO I get it. You want big boy power, run a TH400, 6R80, or a PBH 4R80. Problem solved. Know what the '80' stands for ? I recommended clutches to get a little more than that "80". Never said it'll fix anything.
OK OK :like::)
Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I don't think you get it. There is no fix for the 10R80 issues yet. Nobody knows what to do and there are barely any beefier parts available.
Midnight performance found a way to put more steels in. I don't know the details on what they did, but supposedly it's holding up.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I am surprised PBH has not come up with a package for the 10R80 that includes the extra clutches .

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I am surprised PBH has not come up with a package for the 10R80 that includes the extra clutches .
They use the raybestos packs & circle D's. Heard rumors of an intermediate shaft in the works as well.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
They use the raybestos packs & circle D's. Heard rumors of an intermediate shaft in the works as well.
Yeah , I know but problem as said before is the clutch “upgrade “ alone is not holding up .
Need extra steels or something in modified basket like LPF says they do .

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Exedy stage2 clutches and steels + billet input shaft = 1000 hp capability for the 6r80.. great combo. I can’t see why this isn’t available for the 10r80 by now..

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Midnight performance found a way to put more steels in. I don't know the details on what they did, but supposedly it's holding up.
Yeah, It looks like some shops are starting to test that. Let's see. It will need much more than that imo, more parts like billet Valve bodies available, larger aluminum oil pan, planetaries, input shaft, you name it, my brother, it will need everything, "the works" , or whatever you call it. It will always be the weakest link of the build, all the problems will arise, guess where?

I was watching that guy's channel (Boosted Addictions) on youtube for the first time yesterday, and he basically gave up on his T.T. car and even bought some Fox car and started modding his truck to get a way from the issues. I was shocked!
After Every 3 videos or so that he posted, there was a different issue with the transmission, 900 hp to the wheel car only, and everything you can possibly imagined happened to his transmission, I truely felt so bad for him. and he tried everything like so many others did.

No, I won't go on the same road than he did and so many others and insist working with that trans. Watching that was the final eye opener that I needed, watching his struggles with that car, something told me in the back of my mind: Don't use the 10R80 in my car be wise, at 1100-1200 whp or my headaches will be endless, sell it AS FAST AS I CAN instead, so I will!

I'm happy to share that with you and others and I know I will have peace of mind with my build after doing that and won't be chasing things like crazy all the time. I wanna race and cruise in peace. Where I live the summers are short and I wasted a lot of time before in my 20's and early 30's with silly car projects that took me nowhere. no fun ... not anymore!!

Monday, I will start a new chapter with my build, I don't need the frustration and my car down all the time!

Good bye 10R80, you will go to a new home, hopefully quick!!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, It looks like some shops are starting to test that. Let's see. It will need much more than that imo, more parts like billet Valve bodies available, larger aluminum oil pan, planetaries, input shaft, you name it, my brother, it will need everything, "the works" , or whatever you call it. It will always be the weakest link of the build, all the problems will arise, guess where?

I was watching that guy's channel (Boosted Addictions) on youtube for the first time yesterday, and he basically gave up on his T.T. car and even bought some Fox car and started modding his truck to get a way from the issues. I was shocked!
After Every 3 videos or so that he posted, there was a different issue with the transmission, 900 hp to the wheel car only, and everything you can possibly imagined happened to his transmission, I truely felt so bad for him. and he tried everything like so many others did.

No, I won't go on the same road than he did and so many others and insist working with that trans. Watching that was the final eye opener that I needed, watching his struggles with that car, something told me in the back of my mind: Don't use the 10R80 in my car be wise, at 1100-1200 whp or my headaches will be endless, sell it AS FAST AS I CAN instead, so I will!

I'm happy to share that with you and others and I know I will have peace of mind with my build after doing that and won't be chasing things like crazy all the time. I wanna race and cruise in peace. Where I live the summers are short and I wasted a lot of time before in my 20's and early 30's with silly car projects that took me nowhere. no fun ... not anymore!!

Monday, I will start a new chapter with my build, I don't need the frustration and my car down all the time!

Good bye 10R80, you will go to a new home, hopefully quick!!
how much ? Lol
My solution is to keep plenty of spares ones I can swap in as needed until someone comes out with a solution.

Hopefully the more people start dumping them the more they can be had for cheap .

Then I can sell them for a profit when there is a fix ?
Lol

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So like, why aren't people just swapping in something that doesn't blow up if its that big of an issue? I understand wanting to go fast on stock drive train and all but 900+whp is no joke, even if it seems like it these days. Stuff will blow up, especially a unit designed for economy first.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Brett LaSala is not running 7’s with a 10r80. He used a 6r80 for while before he built a powerglide and switched. I still think the best auto for both street and track for the Mustang is a built 6r80.. I wonder if you could swap a 6r80 into an 18-20 stang, now that would be interesting..

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
how much ? Lol
My solution is to keep plenty of spares ones I can swap in as needed until someone comes out with a solution.

Hopefully the more people start dumping them the more they can be had for cheap .

Then I can sell them for a profit when there is a fix ?
Lol
I don't know yet, but keep in mind that the transmission and car only have 2000 miles on them when it got to the shop. Then, They added the mcleod clutches, circle D and the carbon fibre driveshaft to complement. everything.
I will let you know!

OP
OP

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ill sell my spare virgin 10r80 that has all of 500 miles on it....NO converter included Ill take $2500usd Shipped.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Sorry I never get on here anymore. This used to be my passing time at the office but now work from home due to covid
Justin showed me the messages between him and Heinz... So to say he never responded is simply not true.
It is just him at the shop. He is the only one that does all of the building for the kits, tuning and installs/repairs.
The one that said "cars have been there for a year" is not correct. Tony car was dropped off in October, Tony said he did not need the car back till April because of the strong winters in Chicago (So that moves cars with more priority infront of his if you're like any other shop). In January Tony changed a large amount of the build. Then Covid-19 hit. Tony receives updates from me on his car with pictures and videos of everything that has been done, his parts that come in, and what is to come. The day he made the post on facebook he texted me that morning asking for a update. I couldn't give him anything because I had been in Georgia for a week helping my family due to my cousin passing away. He then got upset and said to give him an update once I was back in Texas. A few hours later the post was made.

You're probably wondering why I was giving him the updates. Tony and I met on here, I gave him the idea of going to LPF. I do not work for Justin as an employee but I have always helped Justin with getting sales and new customers. Which leads to me basically being the middle guy for peoples builds.
Justin has not been taking in any extra work due to getting back up as much as he did and hasn't been responding to messages due to this. He is doing his best to get everything that has been at the shop out. That is why he has not taken any 10r80's to build from anyone for the time being.

To the guy saying that "the inside of the 10r80 needs stronger parts", please explain to me where you got that from. Not a single hard part has broke in any 10r80 that I have seen. No intermediary shaft, no planetarys... Only burnt up clutches or Valve body (which is likely due to clutch material getting into the valves). I can also promise you a lot has to do with your tuner and how long your clutches last in your car. The other thing is these transmissions get hot. I do not sit there and hot lap my car or do pull after pull. Which is probably a big part on why my transmissions lasts as long as it does. I race on it at about 160*. As soon as I'm done with the 1/4 or 1/8th I throw my little utility fan on it to cool it down for the next round. Like come on guys you're pushing 800+whp on a factory transmission... You can't treat it like its some whore you can just beat on 24/7.... A lot of these guys with burnt up clutches are racing them when the trans temps are at 220* or higher lmao. Adding a trans cooler will help a lot of you guys out. I do not run one but have had one sitting in the shop for awhile just staring at me.

For anyone that thinks its just as easy as swapping in a th400 to get rid of problems you are completely wrong. There will always be issues with trans. Especially clutches. Shit look at David Van Voris, broke his 1500whp+ built th400... Everything on our cars is subject to break. 6r80's have plenty of issues themselves when pushed as hard as we push them. Burnt up clutches, intermediary shafts and the planetarys are all problems in the 6r80's. There is a reason people get billet interanls for the 6r80... So tired of people thinking its a transmission built by god haha.

You're pushing a car at over 800+whp... It's not going to perform like a brand new car from the factory with no issues. If you believe that is how it is supposed to be you should sell the car and get out of the racing game while you're ahead.
Sponsored