Oil leak?

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Came home to this in my garage. No oil changes on the car yet since purchase, and no rain.
Hope it’s just something I picked up from the road.

Thoughts on this?
19 GT PP1, 4200 miles.
01D581C4-6605-4466-AA22-A6466EAF7A45.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Probably a loose oil filter from the factory. Right about 4k miles on my car i started seeing a small leak too. Factory filter was loose. I've changed all my own oil since and never had another leak.
damn that’s crazy.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Is your leak right inside of the drivers wheel area? Those spots in your picture look identical to the spots I had... been almost two years and 32k miles since then with no other issues.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Is your leak right inside of the drivers wheel area? Those spots in your picture look identical to the spots I had... been almost two years and 32k miles since then with no other issues.
haven’t looked. It’s going in for an oil change soon anyhow so sure the problem would be corrrcted.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It could be shock oil too if close to a wheel. By the location of the drops, you should be able to know more or less where it's coming from. A minute under the car with a flashlight should reveal the source :). Run your fingers (or a white shop towel) to confirm. Good luck.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Probably a loose oil filter from the factory. Right about 4k miles on my car i started seeing a small leak too. Factory filter was loose. I've changed all my own oil since and never had another leak.
thats what I was going to say

a friend of mine had the issue with his 19 GT and it was the filter

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I don't care if it were going to the shop tomorrow for an oil change I'd be under the car looking before I posted on the internet. Even if it's just a loose filter if it's loose enough to make drops like that it's loose enough to become much looser quickly. Nothing is going to damage an engine more quickly than loss of oil.
If you want internet opinions, fine, but see to the car first.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had the oil pressure sender (above the oil filter) develop a leak a couple of times in the 60k I’ve owned the car. One time they thought it was the oil coller and replaced that too. Oil can get blown around at speed so it can be tricky to find the source. Make sure the filter is tight first of course

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah I woke up today and saw more oil drops on my floor. Took it to the dealer and there was some oil leaking from the filter, dealer said it was tight though so we will see.

Either way used one of my (free) services and had the oil changed. Fresh filter and fresh oil. Only thing I didn’t like is it seemed he added water to my coolant tank... which I didn’t request.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If they added anything to your coolant reservoir, let's hope it was coolant. If the level was low, why wouldn't you want them to top it up? I would wonder why it is low.

Yeah I woke up today and saw more oil drops on my floor. Took it to the dealer and there was some oil leaking from the filter, dealer said it was tight though so we will see.

Either way used one of my (free) services and had the oil changed. Fresh filter and fresh oil. Only thing I didn’t like is it seemed he added water to my coolant tank... which I didn’t request.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
If they added anything to your coolant reservoir, let's hope it was coolant. If the level was low, why wouldn't you want them to top it up? I would wonder why it is low.
It appeared to be water... but maybe it went into the washer fluid opening with some actually washer fluid... which maybe he did to dilute it.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Because they're all low. Something changed with the new cars, the factory fill always ends up reading a little low in the reservoir. I filled mine up to max and its stayed there since.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Because they're all low. Something changed with the new cars, the factory fill always ends up reading a little low in the reservoir. I filled mine up to max and its stayed there since.
It’s either he added water to it, or he diluted the washer fluid. I saw blue washer fluid going on... not sure if water went in with it also. Hopefully he added it washer fluid to dilute it... guess I might need to check to with them then.

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
I have a 19 PP2 and when I went to do my first oil chance my factory filter was leaking slightly too. Wasn't really enough for me to notice drips.
Sponsored