Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Mark, this is heading your way:

Let me know everyone's thoughts and sign up to receive one here: https://5spurs.com/store/usa/2020-Shelby-GT500-GT-R-evolved-p178162259
Kevin, very excited to test out the prototype on my console. The clearances should be spot on with all of the measurements we went back and forth on. I will also be receiving the Alcantara console from Phil at AutoFanatic this coming week so I am hoping it will fit that one to but I kind of doubt it because we mede the tolerance kind of close with this dial. I am ok with it being tight with my covered console but want it to fit perfectly for the OEM console.
Sponsored

5 SPURS

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
5spurs.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 BULLITT
Kevin, very excited to test out the prototype on my console. The clearances should be spot on with all of the measurements we went back and forth on. I will also be receiving the Alcantara console from Phil at AutoFanatic this coming week so I am hoping it will fit that one to but I kind of doubt it because we mede the tolerance kind of close with this dial. I am ok with it being tight with my covered console but want it to fit perfectly for the OEM console.
Mark, the cover adds 1/8" to the sides plus the base is raised a bit, you should be fine even with the Alcanatara wrap. Just sent it off so hopefully you'll know in 2 weeks.
Looks like your button will be delivered too so you'll have a better idea of how awesome a metal cover would feel.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

5 SPURS

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
5spurs.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 BULLITT
SIgn me up once fitment is tested. ( please take the music out too, i want to hear it either make a sound or not make a sound when spinning like that) you could also use that time to explain how it will be mounted ( 3m tape etc) just my opinion of course
Have you signed up for one on the website? https://5spurs.com/store/usa/2020-Shelby-GT500-GT-R-evolved-p178162259

Thanks for the feedback, Mark's going to have the honor of showing us how it will look, fit and sound in the car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
marklboris

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am so excited about this Ford GT replica DCT dial Kevin has designed. Here are a few photos I took just now. A couple in lower light inside the garage and then outside in natural light. Even though this is a glossy black plastic prototype dial, it looks so much better than the OEM dial and I cannot wait to see the final product in satin black aluminum, at least that is the color I will be ordering.

I've been driving around a bit this morning and yes while you don't use it all that often when driving, I went to several stores and had to park several times and it feels so much better. It is slightly larger and taller and the grip is very reassuring. I taped it down with two little pieces of foam tape just so I could use it. When I took it off, the OEM dial felt bare to use. I cannot say enough about it except can't wait to get the real thing.

Thanks Kevin

NZ7_4757500.jpg
NZ7_4763500.jpg
NZ7_4765500.jpg
NZ7_4771500.jpg

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Superb.

Is satin an option that can be ordered at this time?

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I am so excited about this Ford GT replica DCT dial Kevin has designed. Here are a few photos I took just now. A couple in lower light inside the garage and then outside in natural light. Even though this is a glossy black plastic prototype dial, it looks so much better than the OEM dial and I cannot wait to see the final product in satin black aluminum, at least that is the color I will be ordering.

I've been driving around a bit this morning and yes while you don't use it all that often when driving, I went to several stores and had to park several times and it feels so much better. It is slightly larger and taller and the grip is very reassuring. I taped it down with two little pieces of foam tape just so I could use it. When I took it off, the OEM dial felt bare to use. I cannot say enough about it except can't wait to get the real thing.

Thanks Kevin
Did Kevin say how he was going to secure it to the original knob?

OP
OP
marklboris

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Superb.

Is satin an option that can be ordered at this time?
I don't think satin is a option but I would like to see if he can do it as I am not a fan of the glossy black and there is nothing in the car that is glossy black.

Please, anyone that is interested in one of these DCT dials, click the link below and sign up for one. Kevin is also going to offer engraving on the dial as shown in the link.

https://5spurs.com/store/usa/2020-Shelby-GT500-GT-R-evolved-p178162259

OP
OP
marklboris

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did Kevin say how he was going to secure it to the original knob?
I think he was talking about a thin piece of 3M tape. His dial fits over the OEM dial perfectly and snugly.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I don't think satin is a option but I would like to see if he can do it as I am not a fan of the glossy black and there is nothing in the car that is glossy black.
I feel the same way. A hard coat anodize is pretty flat and I'd hope they are done that way. Trying to powdercoat into the corners of that dial might be a PIA...

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Man I love that alcantera center console. Did you do that yourself? Did you also do the heated seats yourself? I'm ready to buy the dial, looks great. Thanks for the awesome pictures.

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
I'll help Mark out, 387R, he does everything. :-) And I mean EVERYTHING.
Thanks. Mark you are a true craftsman my friend.
Sponsored