Sponsored

Part # Oem GT500 wing?

ronaldwalter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby
Does anyone knows if the new GT500 rear wing is available to buy from Ford yet? Anyone have a part number?
Pictured below
Thank You
80E5794B-1D01-427E-8ACB-3C2777D0322E.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Does anyone knows if the new GT500 rear wing is available to buy from Ford yet? Anyone have a part number?
Thank You
Ford performance will sell it. It will be manufactured by Anderson Composites. I don't think its available yet.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Thank You
Which wing are you referring too, CFTP or Base?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The OEM "factory" wing isn't made by Anderson as far as I know.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The OEM "factory" wing isn't made by Anderson as far as I know.
So why is it that anderson is making the wing for ford performance?

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remember, Ford Performance parts are considered aftermarket. In some cases, you see Tier supplier parts relabeled and technically they are not covered under Ford's warranty. In other cases, parts are clearly from non-Tier suppliers that are rooted solely in the aftermarket.

In the case of "aero" parts, you see companies such as ABC, Magna, or even Multimatic (in the case of the R wing) supplying Ford. Multimatic produced the GT4 Mustang wing on the car they built from a Ford supplied, Watson prepped, body in white. I spoke with a contact that oversees the GT4 program at Multimatic when GT500 production was set to begin and learned they did not get the winning bid. Color me shocked, as it didn't seem to make sense that Multimatic wouldn't be producing the wing they made for Ford. That tells me that Ford held all the rights to it. I was told about another Canadian company that allegedly won the contract and after searching I noticed they are in close proximity to Multimatic in Markham, Ontario.

Ford Performance can cut through quite a bit of red tape that production vehicles and Tier suppliers normally must adhere to. They likely contacted Anderson and worked with them on this in terms who sells which CF parts Anderson would produce, volume, supplier pricing, and where the supply would originate - ie, Ford Performance through their warehouse network or Anderson through their select vendors. Ford/Ford Performance no doubt supplied technical data and Anderson was able to produce said finished parts that were to Ford/Ford Performance's satisfaction.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Remember, Ford Performance parts are considered aftermarket. In some cases, you see Tier supplier parts relabeled and technically they are not covered under Ford's warranty. In other cases, parts are clearly from non-Tier suppliers that are rooted solely in the aftermarket.

In the case of "aero" parts, you see companies such as ABC, Magna, or even Multimatic (in the case of the R wing) supplying Ford. Multimatic produced the GT4 Mustang wing on the car they built from a Ford supplied, Watson prepped, body in white. I spoke with a contact that oversees the GT4 program at Multimatic when GT500 production was set to begin and learned they did not get the winning bid. Color me shocked, as it didn't seem to make sense that Multimatic wouldn't be producing the wing they made for Ford. That tells me that Ford held all the rights to it. I was told about another Canadian company that allegedly won the contract and after searching I noticed they are in close proximity to Multimatic in Markham, Ontario.

Ford Performance can cut through quite a bit of red tape that production vehicles and Tier suppliers normally must adhere to. They likely contacted Anderson and worked with them on this in terms who sells which CF parts Anderson would produce, volume, supplier pricing, and where the supply would originate - ie, Ford Performance through their warehouse network or Anderson through their select vendors. Ford/Ford Performance no doubt supplied technical data and Anderson was able to produce said finished parts that were to Ford/Ford Performance's satisfaction.
I forgot to hit the submit button on my last minute edit

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
Thank You
Contact your dealer and ask if KR3Z-6344210-BA is the CFTP option,(I believe -AA is the base spoiler). MSRP is ~$26K, ~$17K retail.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only 17k retail? I'll take two.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, I'm seeing a trend. 11k for a GT350R wing.

Its kinda funny how people think they are going to buy a base and then buy the CF parts to make it look like a CFTP.

The Ford Performance Anderson wing will be a little cheaper if it makes any difference.

OP
OP
ronaldwalter

ronaldwalter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby
Only 17k retail? I'll take two.
$17.000 for a wing? It can’t be unless it’s made out of gold instead of carbon fiber. If the price is really $17k probably includes the 4 cf wheels with it.

I want the wing for the CFTP that comes on gt500 the one pictured below.
APR GT250 wing used on the FP Racing Mustang it’s basically the same. Design maybe a little different but it’s a great CF wing for $1200-$1500. I just don’t like how it sits so tall compared to the one on the gt500.
5D5B782E-A48D-469D-B039-4AD7D42D67AC.jpeg

Last edited: