I like to disassemble things.
Hell yeah.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The FP350S wing is completely different than the GT4 wing in pretty much every regard. I believe Multimatic had to work within the restrictive framework of what the SRO required or would approve, hence that wing sits a bit lower than the FP350S wing but still higher than the way it is set up on the CFTP cars.

I'm absolutely interested in what Anderson comes up with but it is going to come down to price. If they can deliver on quality/appearance (and I am certain they can) it is going to then be all about how much, for me anyway. If it gets silly ridiculous such as what Ford is doing with the CFTP wing then it no longer interests me.

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Correct. We are not making the "OE" rear wing for Ford. We will be making out own version of the CFTP wing once our R&D team obtains one. We do know the 350R dog bones and decklid are the same as the 500 with CFTP rear wing.
I hope to see your version move the wing slightly higher up and into the airstream, ala the genuine GT4 wing. I don't know how familiar you are with it but the dog bones are the same on GT4 cars as the CFTP/GT350R cars, wing is the "same" as CFTP cars, but the supports have a differently shaped base with longer arms that elevate the wing. There is also a greater adjustment range on the GT4 wing than the production CFTP wing.
I second this. I was even thinking it would be cool to offer optional taller (GT4 height) uprights as well as stock height uprights. I myself would swap the taller uprights in for track days. It would also be a good idea to make sure the uprights are compatible with the OEM CFTP wing that way CFTP owners could also buy them.

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
If you do swap the base wing for a gt4 wing will the trunk lid need to be replaced. I don't think the holes are the same. Anyone know?

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not unlike going from a GT350 Track Pack spoiler to an R model (or R "style) wing, which I did. You had to weld/fill the center holes up and drill an additional hole at each end and then paint. No biggie.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If you do swap the base wing for a gt4 wing will the trunk lid need to be replaced. I don't think the holes are the same. Anyone know?
A lot of guys bought a regular 'ol mustang decklid and repainted it. This way, you aren't filling holes and you can go back to stock down the road if you have to.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
(But you have to find a place to STORE that original lid.) <smile> Around here, that might be more trouble than drilling. :-)

TOO much "STUFF."

(George Carlin, may he R.I.P., had a side-splitting routine on "stuff.")

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
(But you have to find a place to STORE that original lid.) <smile> Around here, that might be more trouble than drilling. :-)

TOO much "STUFF."

(George Carlin, may he R.I.P., had a side-splitting routine on "stuff.")
I was looking at a CF lid anyway, so that makes the decision easy.

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
I hope to see your version move the wing slightly higher up and into the airstream, ala the genuine GT4 wing. I don't know how familiar you are with it but the dog bones are the same on GT4 cars as the CFTP/GT350R cars, wing is the "same" as CFTP cars, but the supports have a differently shaped base with longer arms that elevate the wing. There is also a greater adjustment range on the GT4 wing than the production CFTP wing.
Correct, these two wings vary slightly with the uprights and shape. We plan on using the CFTP wing from Ford for our version.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you also plan on matching the installed height of the wing? As mentioned above, it'd be a great option to offer differing uprights so the wing could be brought up higher if desired.

A comparison of the CFTP wing elevation vs the GT4 elevation...

zz 2020 Tob1-L.jpg

z GT500 GT4 wing elevation comparison-X3.jpg

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
Do you also plan on matching the installed height of the wing? As mentioned above, it'd be a great option to offer differing uprights so the wing could be brought up higher if desired.

A comparison of the CFTP wing elevation vs the GT4 elevation...

zz 2020 Tob1-L.jpg

z GT500 GT4 wing elevation comparison-X3.jpg
We will start with the OE 500 wing. Simply adding taller rear uprights changes the aero for the whole car. GT4 and GT500 have different front ends, spoilers etc.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree. My point in mentioning it was in the sense that there will be a number that buy these that are pretty serious about tracking and a typical aero mod in that group is to extend the splitter up front, etc. Taller uprights that fit into the base at the decklid and also mate with the wing make sense in that regard. Then again, it's nothing some CNC programming and some aluminum stock can't take care of. The fact that you are planning on offering the wing at all is the first step and I'm thankful for that.

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Simply adding taller rear uprights changes the aero for the whole car. GT4 and GT500 have different front ends, spoilers etc.
Correct, but two things to keep in mind here. One, as Epiphany mentioned, many of us will be adding more front downforce via larger front splitters. And two, there will be many gt350/R owners interested in this wing. Many of us already have actual GT4, or fp350s front aero making a taller gt4 height rear wing the perfect option.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Simply adding taller rear uprights changes the aero for the whole car.
AC: I certainly don't doubt your statement but I for one would like to see a wind tunnel video of both configurations. It seems to me that raising it too high would put the wing outside the area of laminar flow along the body surface. Granted, it might be "cleaner" air but I'm wondering how much drag, if any would result and what speed range is the goal. Obviously, many racing teams opt for very high wings so clearly, there's something to it but again, I'd like to see the wind tunnel data. Additionally, many if not most of these high wings are computer-controlled so the angle of attack changes constantly.
Sponsored