Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
Hey guys , so I currently have an mbrp race catback . I want the car louder. How much louder would the car get keeping stock headers and installing high flow cats ?

I know a cat delete would most likely be louder but how much louder? I'm kind of trying to avoid this option. But I do want it loud

And last would installing high-flow cats on the stock headers require a tune?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Longtubes

No resonator

Increase exhaust diameter

No mufflers

That’s as loud as you will get it, aside from just piping out custom headers directly through the hood.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Just a thought;

Loud is cool at times, but at least for me there's also times when I want the car quiet.

Neighbors might be something to consider.

I do believe there are after-market adjustable exhaust systems that would let you have the sound as you want it, when you want it.

James_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
Long tube headers will make it louder and also help you make more demon killing hard hitting crazy throw you back in the seat horsepower for your rocket ship...

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Your hearing won't thank you later on, but thats up to you. I get why people like loud, but not Nascar loud for daily driving.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Why? There is nothing wrong with the stock exhaust with an H pipe.

I have a real problem with people removing their cats for the sake of a few HP or to make more noise. Leave them and reduce your impact on the environment. Don't be one of "those guys".

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
Why? There is nothing wrong with the stock exhaust with an H pipe.

I have a real problem with people removing their cats for the sake of a few HP or to make more noise. Leave them and reduce your impact on the environment. Don't be one of "those guys".
Take your own advice and sell your mustang to buy a prius. Because right now you are one of "those guys"

OP, you bought a fun car make it into whatever you want. Also if you are going FI get rid of those cats altogether, they will cause you nothing but problems.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
Do you guys think that if I changed the cats to high flow 100cell it would gain me some volume. I dont really want a cat delete .
The 100 cell seem way way less restrictive.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
For the moment I think I'd like to just cut out the stock cats and weld in 100cell high flow cats . Do you guys think this will give me a good volume boost ?

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
high flow cats will typically open it up a tad but not a whole lot, just depends on how much you are looking for. I would suggest headers and a catted mid pipe, that should open it up to where you want it to be with your MBRP catback. We sell several systems that would get you to where you want to be. Hit me up and we can see what we can do for you. Lethalperformance.com

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Loud gets old after awhile man. Especially the cold starts. They are brutal. If you are parked relatively close to a building, I've had multiple people tell me my car shakes the building when I start it up.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hahahaha . I like the brutal cold starts lol . I dont mind then at all its mostly while driving I want to have the option for the car to scream when I hit it hard . I don't want to cat delete for the smell so I'm thinking low like 100cell catalyric converter swap on stock headers for now . Has anyone done this?

Guid.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’m in the same boat. I’ve got a Flowmaster outlaw catback and just want to have it louder but don’t want to go all out catless. After heard the cars with those setups and I don’t think it’s for me. Been looking at the mak cat deletes but they also include an option with cats. I messaged them about what kind of cats they were and they said they were high flows.

https://www.makperformance.com/2015-2019-Mustang-GT-MAK-Performance-Pipes_p_299.html

If anyone has gone this route or has put in their own high flow cats, your input would be greatly appreciated!

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Hey guys , so I currently have an mbrp race catback . I want the car louder. How much louder would the car get keeping stock headers and installing high flow cats ?

I know a cat delete would most likely be louder but how much louder? I'm kind of trying to avoid this option. But I do want it loud

And last would installing high-flow cats on the stock headers require a tune?
Yeah you’ll need a tune with long tubes. If you do a cat delete you’ll need a tune also. Ultimately comes down to if u want the extremely loud then you’ll need a tune and headers which voids your warranty (if you have one).

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Dunno why this fascination with uber loud exhausts. My buddy has a '13 s197 GT. Long tubes, cat delete, x-pipe, roush straight throughs. And let me tell ya, ANNOYING AF. I don't even cruise with him anymore cause it so obnoxious. Mines only has an H-pipe with stock mufflers. Low deep rumble at idle, very loud at WOT, slightly louder just bombing around, no drone, no rasp. My neighbors love it, cops love it, and I'm still quicker than my buddy at the track.
Sponsored