Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
I need to address this again. I have been getting so many mixed reviews. Watching videos people who change their cats to high flow seems to get louder for sure . I called a very well deemed mustang guru and company today. They told me that the stock 2017 mustang gt cats arent very restrictive at all . And that changing to 50-100 cell high flow cats wouldn't do anything for me

I need some first hand experience here . I dont care about power. I want more volume without going header or cat delete. Will this work?
Sponsored

2kblacksleeper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT
Stock header & Off road Cats only minimal volume. Maybe not worth the hassle.
Headers and off road cats = Maximum volume.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
High flow cats will be a tad bit louder for sure. Depending on what you find loud, it may not be a significant amount however.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Stock header & Off road Cats only minimal volume. Maybe not worth the hassle.
Headers and off road cats = Maximum volume.
Long tubes don't increase the intensity of volume. They change the tone because the header tunes alter the length of the primary tubing. It may SEEM louder because of the higher pitch but the intensity is no different. I've done the test with a dB meter.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I need to address this again. I have been getting so many mixed reviews. Watching videos people who change their cats to high flow seems to get louder for sure . I called a very well deemed mustang guru and company today. They told me that the stock 2017 mustang gt cats arent very restrictive at all . And that changing to 50-100 cell high flow cats wouldn't do anything for me

I need some first hand experience here . I dont care about power. I want more volume without going header or cat delete. Will this work?
Or delete your mufflers and leave the suitcase in. Really not sure what you're trying to get. You keep on posting about louder louder louder but to what sound quality and type? Corsa mufflers are straight through with ZERO sound attenuation and ZERO packing meaning maximum intensity and the only sound waves that get altered are the cancellation of drone frequencies. Just get the Corsa catback and be done with it.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Or delete your mufflers and leave the suitcase in. Really not sure what you're trying to get. You keep on posting about louder louder louder but to what sound quality and type? Corsa mufflers are straight through with ZERO sound attenuation and ZERO packing meaning maximum intensity and the only sound waves that get altered are the cancellation of drone frequencies. Just get the Corsa catback and be done with it.
+1 Put a Cat-back on and if you ever sell or trade you can swap back your stock exhaust or put on an axle-back or remove the suitcase and put an H or x pipe.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
I already have an mbrp race catback on . Its loud when u mash in 1st . Other then that just driving and drone is very quiet . I can definately use more volume . However not obnoxious. From the videos I've seen , the high flow cat adds some volume for sure and cleans up alot of muffle I can hear I assume caused by the more restrictive stock cats

Sponsored
OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
For the record , this is what I have here . Mbrp race catback which is considered extremely loud already. The borla atak isnt going to change me much

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So you come in asking questions but now you have all the answers. Weird how that works.

And just because it's called "Race" doesn't mean squat. The MBRP has two heavily packed resonator mufflers that start chocking things back in the higher RPM bands. Both the ATAK and Corsa mufflers are louder, Mr. Expert.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
For the record , this is what I have here . Mbrp race catback which is considered extremely loud already. The borla atak isnt going to change me much

No you don't. That's the 2018+ model with no mufflers and a helmholtz resonator that combats drone. The 2018+ catback is louder than the 2015 - 2017. The 2018+ cars are also louder than 2015 - 2017 cars because of the increased compression.

You asked questions and you got educated and experienced responses. Just do what you want to do at this point and stop wasting our time.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Bruh dont get butthurt because I dont care what u have to say . I'm asking about high flow cats . Not a new axleback . I want to know from people with experience what it did with the volume and tone

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Bruh dont get butthurt because I dont care what u have to say
Hmmmm. Well since you asked so nicely, My buddies comp orange 2015 went x-pipe / muffler delete with stock cats. That was super loud. Then he went hi-flow 100 cell cats, honestly couldn't tell a difference. Then he went cat delete. longtubes. It was so obnoxiously high pitched nobody in our group wanted him anywhere near us on cruise night. The rasp was stupid annoying. Shortly after he sold the car at a loss from fair market value cause of the exhaust, and bought an audi.
Sponsored