2020 GT500 VS 2020 C8 On Track at VIR

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That was just a base

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Why is the audio on this so incredibly horrible?
Kyle: I'm no audio engineer but I've spent enough time in Premiere and Audition to be able to tell when an audio track has been filtered. Such is the case here and it would appear that the author didn't want Randy's comments in the clip so those have been edited out, (although there are a couple short instances where you can still hear him speaking.) I think that in the process of trying to do this, the creator over-used some noise filtering and that caused the track to be so muddy. Anyway, that's my two cents...

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
so begging for a copyright violation and take-down notice. smart! I hope he gets de-revenued.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
So begging for a copyright violation
@shogun32 : If footage from another YT channel is used, I don't believe it is copyright infringement. I see it all the time although most dupers at least acknowledge the original author's channel. Obtaining no kidding "copyright" is not easy nor inexpensive.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Planning to track VIR in April. May have to watch it a few more times to get a feel for the track

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Kyle: I'm no audio engineer but I've spent enough time in Premiere and Audition to be able to tell when an audio track has been filtered. Such is the case here and it would appear that the author didn't want Randy's comments in the clip so those have been edited out, (although there are a couple short instances where you can still hear him speaking.) I think that in the process of trying to do this, the creator over-used some noise filtering and that caused the track to be so muddy. Anyway, that's my two cents...
Yea it sounded like heavy digital audio manipulation. I've come across similarly odd sounding audio when I've accidentally configured two audio filters by accident in DaVinci Resolve. I didn't realize it wasn't from MT themselves as I was watching the version here on the forum on my phone at the time. Was initially concerned I'd borked the audio on my phone somehow.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Audio was terrible, but so was the editing. Way to cut up the lap and make it extremely difficult to follow. MT has been doing that for ages, so not sure if they are behind it or if it was the one who created this video, but boy was it tough to watch. I really liked how the cut to a corner in the middle of the main straight, then cut back to the straight. Just show the whole lap uncut, please.

OK, I'm done now.

-T

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Audio was terrible, but so was the editing. Way to cut up the lap and make it extremely difficult to follow. MT has been doing that for ages, so not sure if they are behind it or if it was the one who created this video, but boy was it tough to watch. I really liked how the cut to a corner in the middle of the main straight, then cut back to the straight. Just show the whole lap uncut, please.

OK, I'm done now.

-T
Unedited shows the differences in driving, and he couldnt pull a Pobst under such scrutiny :)

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Obtaining no kidding "copyright" is not easy nor inexpensive.
Old information. The laws were changed years ago so that copyright is implicit and immediate. DEFENDING a copyright can get expensive.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
There is nothing stopping people from reuploading videos, if theybare not monetized.

Monetized copyright claims get acted quickly upon, general copyright, if not accredited to originator, can stay up.for a while
Sponsored