Sponsored

Thinking about a built shortblock

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I wanna run more boost without having to worry about my motor being on the edge. Couple people say just run E85 it'll keep you safe and you can run more boost.. yeah but then I'll be on the edge with my stock internals. Not sure if I trust anyone to build my motor around here so I'm thinking about buying a short block that's already put together. Something like the aluminator but not as expensive. Looking for something that handle 1000hp. Forged rods and pistions. Any suggestions? Thanks
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I think you can get a predator short block assembled from ford for around $7500. The only problem I see is the compression is a bit low but might be perfect if you don’t want to run e85.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I wanna run more boost without having to worry about my motor being on the edge. Couple people say just run E85 it'll keep you safe and you can run more boost.. yeah but then I'll be on the edge with my stock internals. Not sure if I trust anyone to build my motor around here so I'm thinking about buying a short block that's already put together. Something like the aluminator but not as expensive. Looking for something that handle 1000hp. Forged rods and pistions. Any suggestions? Thanks
What is the cars intended use? All u want is rods and pistons?
You want something cheaper than the Aluminator shortblock? That's just rods, pistons and oil pump gears. That's your best bet besides having a machine shop get your current engine setup with rods and pistons. Did you factor in the rest of the install? Will you do the rest? Pull engine, strip it down, put heads back on, setup timing and reinstall?

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
What is the cars intended use? All u want is rods and pistons?

You want something cheaper than the Aluminator shortblock? That's just rods, pistons and oil pump gears. That's your best bet besides having a machine shop get your current engine setup with rods and pistons. Did you factor in the rest of the install? Will you do the rest? Pull engine, strip it down, put heads back on, setup timing and reinstall?
Yeah, Its going to be a pretty penny after everything is put back together with the install. You think it'll be cheaper if I buy the built shortblock vs just buying the pistions and rods and probably have to pay more for install since they have to take the motor apart vs putting my heads and blower back on. This the shortblock I've been looking at. What do you think?

https://www.modularheadshop.com/i-3...-coyote-short-block.html?ref=category:1268152

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The stock motor will handle 850-900whp for a long time on good fuel and tuning... 1000 is doable but for a long time is questionable.

Sponsored

Eric5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401A
The stock motor will handle 850-900whp for a long time on good fuel and tuning... 1000 is doable but for a long time is questionable.
Seems like the OPG/CS is the weakest link as HP is added. What's next after those? Rods?

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
If you want 1000hp its not going to be cheap... You need to kill that mindset right now. Or give up now.

If you want to run with the big boys it's going to take big boy money. No way around that

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you want 1000hp its not going to be cheap... You need to kill that mindset right now. Or give up now.

If you want to run with the big boys it's going to take big boy money. No way around that
100% correct

I laugh at all these 850RW Stock engine guys, do they race the car? Or is it a dyno queen that goes to car shows, 650RW on a stock coyote is realistic but once u start pushing 750RW imho its a accident waiting to happen

Sure running E85 helps a lot as does OPG/CS for longevity but again the stock pistons r weak, if I were to build a 800RW Coyote it would be a built engine

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
100% correct

I laugh at all these 850RW Stock engine guys, do they race the car? Or is it a dyno queen that goes to car shows, 650RW on a stock coyote is realistic but once u start pushing 750RW imho its a accident waiting to happen

Sure running E85 helps a lot as does OPG/CS for longevity but again the stock pistons r weak, if I were to build a 800RW Coyote it would be a built engine
Yeah I dont get it... There's nothing admirable about doing an irresponsible build...

These are the type of people who would hike mount Everest in flip flops... No one cares so why make your life hell for no reason.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
100% correct

Some love Dyno numbers and never race. I don't get that. I personally don't care about Dyno numbers, just dragstrip results.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
100% correct

Do you race? What's it run?

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Do you race? What's it run?

My cars bone stock
It ran 11.91@118 on a tire

I will be going TVS or TS and I’ve raced cars for 35+ years, point is 800rw is asking for trouble on a stock short block let alone the ten sp clutches

Moola adds up quickly and IMO you may as well put a good short block and built trans in a car that has 800rw that your racing consistently because it’s going to break at some point

Sure there’s a few out there doing it but for the masses it’s not realistic

650RW imo is another story, that’s more realistic for longevity

Just my opinion
Sponsored