Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
China and India though are in slightly better positions to develop clean energy since they are actively developing their grids instead of just (poorly) maintaining like ours. I believe China is going to be one of the first with a thorium salt reactor (The reactor tech that uses thorium instead of uranium and doesn't have the potential for meltdown).
You're probably right about that. That's one tech. There's also the breeder reactors that can fit their lifetime of waste in a 55 gal drum. None of it does the US have because of irrational fear.
Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
ok as much as I don't like the Mach-E. I don't think I am the only one. Tesla is claiming there is already 146k reservations for the Cybertruck and Ford has what about 14k for the Mach-E? Like I said I personally im not interested in the Mach-E but jezzz how bad is it when the Cyber Truck is beating it? The cybertruck... the ugliest thing ever and that failed to do what it was suppose to at reveal? I think Ford might be in trouble here. I really see this going the way of the probe.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
ok as much as I don't like the Mach-E. I don't think I am the only one. Tesla is claiming there is already 146k reservations for the Cybertruck and Ford has what about 14k for the Mach-E? Like I said I personally im not interested in the Mach-E but jezzz how bad is it when the Cyber Truck is beating it? The cybertruck... the ugliest thing ever and that failed to do what it was suppose to at reveal? I think Ford might be in trouble here. I really see this going the way of the probe.
Maybe I missed it, but is there an official link (not some spoofed fake source) of Tesla getting 146K Cybetruck pre-orders in only a day or two after the reveal. Seems a bit much IMO.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I missed it, but is there an official link (not some spoofed fake source) of Tesla getting 146K Cybetruck pre-orders in only a day or two after the reveal. Seems a bit much IMO.
Heard this from multiple sources.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, I see it all over the 'net ... but who's feeding everyone this info? It has to be Tesla of course, but is it just because 187K people put down a refundable $100 deposit (that's $18.7 million to Tesla) ... or maybe some "computer generated potential buyers" put down most of those "pre-orders", lol. Who knows what kind of shenanigans goes on these days. It just seems way over the top for an ugly arse truck IMO.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Yep, I see it all over the 'net ... but who's feeding everyone this info? It has to be Tesla of course, but is it just because 187K people put down a refundable $100 deposit ... or maybe some "computer generated potential buyers" put down most of those "pre-orders", lol. Who knows what kind of shenanigans goes on these days.
Haha Musk is tweeting the info. He gave the break down of who pre-ordered what. Apparently only 17% went for the base model while the majority went for the step up or tri motor configuration. Now alot of these orders will probably end up cancelling (just like the 14k Mach E orders) due to the 2+ year wait.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha Musk is tweeting the info. He gave the break down of who pre-ordered what. Apparently only 17% went for the base model while the majority went for the step up or tri motor configuration. Now alot of these orders will probably end up cancelling (just like the 14k Mach E orders) due to the 2+ year wait.
Was his tweeting before or after smoking some weed? ... :crackup: Yeah, if true it's a nice $18.7 million in to Tesla's hands. Maybe he needs a big egg to invest in the stock market. :bandit:

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
If that is what the Tesla truck ends up looking like......your a idiot if you buy it.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
If that is what the Tesla truck ends up looking like......your a idiot if you buy it.
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others can't like it....

The cybertruck looks to be built for utility rather than style (that stainless steel body apparently drove the design since it is too thick and rigid to be stamped with traditional stamping machines) that gives it the durability demonstrated on stage (the demo that didn't fail). It's clearly not meant for the person who wants to overcompensate with a $80k lifted diesel with chrome wheels and a smokestack....

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others can't like it....

The cybertruck looks to be built for utility rather than style (that stainless steel body apparently drove the design since it is too thick and rigid to be stamped with traditional stamping machines) that gives it the durability demonstrated on stage (the demo that didn't fail). It's clearly not meant for the person who wants to overcompensate with a $80k lifted diesel with chrome wheels and a smokestack....
A cardboard box looks better.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's clearly not meant for the person who wants to overcompensate with a $80k lifted diesel with chrome wheels and a smokestack....
If Elon put a big ol' thick black smoke generator option on the Cybertruck he might get those guys to pony up a $100 "pre-order deposit" too.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ford gave us a prequel of slapping a badge on a vehicle that is an insult to enthusiasts. Savagegeese describes it extremely well.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
I had a dream last night that I was trying to convince someone at Ford to tell Bill Ford to not call the Mach E a Mustang.

I am still very upset about this.

The Mopar boys have to be laughing about this...if they know about it.

If they don’t remove the Mustang name, then I just hope if fails.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Ford gave us a prequel of slapping a badge on a vehicle that is an insult to enthusiasts. Savagegeese describes it extremely well.

At this point they may as well go ahead and rename it the Mustang Edge ST. That's about how meaningful any of Ford's brands are at this point.

And you're right. We're going to see exactly this same kind of tepid review of the Mach E when it comes out. By then the media will be completely saturated with the Model Y and Ford's offering looks set to come up short of it in every measurement.

Watching football today and seeing the continuous stream of SUVs that go by as I fast forward through commercials reminded me again of how ridiculous it is that Ford would do this or that anyone would go along with it. They all look alike and pasting Mustang fascias on isn't going to save this one from disappearing into the crowd with all the rest.
Sponsored