Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
https://www.engadget.com/2019/11/23/tesla-146000-cybertruck-deposits/

So even with a polarizing design, the cybertruck has 146k pre-orders within 2 days of reveal. Compare that with the 14k pre-orders of the Mach E within 5 days and it's easy to see how 14k pre-orders is terrible...

It sucks, I want the Mach E to succeed to show Ford that there is demand for EVs. At the same time I want it to fall flat on its face to show them that just slapping the Mustang name on something that's not a mustang will not make it sell....
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
the cybertruck has 146k pre-orders within 2 days of reveal
That is astonishing that so many are in line to gurgle on Elon's...child fantasy.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
That is astonishing that so many are in line to gurgle on Elon's...child fantasy.
Apparently people can look past the design for the utility. That or there are truly alot of Tesla Fanboys....

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I’d like to really know if that Tesla “Cybertruck” is just a huge publicity stunt for Musk to laugh at... he’s big into being outlandish and I wouldn’t doubt it was a stint... I mean seriously, does anyone think that Cybertruck would even pass NHTSA safety standards or crash tests?

and to say it has bulletproof windows - only for them to be broken in front of the cameras?

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
I mean, if I HAD to choose between the Tesla Thing or Karen's Mustang CUV, I'd choose the Tesla. The MachE looks like EVERY other CUV, which is absolutely awful and everything I hate about modern commuting pods.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently people can look past the design for the utility. That or there are truly alot of Tesla Fanboys....
I think the utility is a bit overstated. Those ranges are unladen, and it's going to weigh 4 tons.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I think the utility is a bit overstated. Those ranges are unladen, and it's going to weigh 4 tons.
Actually the numbers are pretty good for $40-60k truck. I mean how many of the top of the line pickups from the big three are really being used as utility vehicles anyway?
As far as Tesla fanboys/girls go remember they got almost 300,000 reservations for the Model 3. Regardless of what you think of Musk those are impressive numbers.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Actually the numbers are pretty good for $40-60k truck. I mean how many of the top of the line pickups from the big three are really being used as utility vehicles anyway?
As far as Tesla fanboys/girls go remember they got almost 300,000 reservations for the Model 3. Regardless of what you think of Musk those are impressive numbers.
Tesla’s Model 3 Has More Refunds, Cancellations Than Deposits
https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2...has-more-refunds-cancellations-than-deposits/

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Actually he’s long on delivery. :) They would have sold a lot more model 3’s had they been on time and came in at the price Musk originally promised.
Which was impossible because it relied on an infeasible assembly methodology for high volume automotive assembly and the associated cost of that. The only reason that happened was his ego. The only reason they had to setup a tent to attempt to build cars is because of his ego.

This "truck" is his ego run amok again. Spend enough time engineering light, medium and heavy trucks, and you can spot the flaws that the layman doesn't.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Which was impossible because it relied on an infeasible assembly methodology for high volume automotive assembly and the associated cost of that. The only reason that happened was his ego. The only reason they had to setup a tent to attempt to build cars is because of his ego.

This "truck" is his ego run amok again. Spend enough time engineering light, medium and heavy trucks, and you can spot the flaws that the layman doesn't.
Of course it's his ego. Doesn't change the fact that it's so far producing disruptive competition in both markets his companies are currently in. (Vehicles and space) with more to come (starlink = internet).

He is a new Steve Jobs. Steve Jobs was an a*s with a large ego yet I think we can all agree he changed the world with his companies products. The same can be said about Musk IMO. EVs as they are today wouldn't exist without Tesla. They would be more like a Leaf or Prius with unusable range meant only for cities and built for compliance reasons.

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
The real Mustang should be called the Mustang Mustang now, just so we are all clear on what we are talking about now. ;)
Sponsored