Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Since there's commercials in here, remember when Ford really resonated with their heritage and their core audience versus the short-term profit mindset they and sadly other manufacturers have now? These commercials while dated now were groundbreaking in their time and really struck hard beyond a marketing perspective (they have to be watched externally on youtube).

Untitled.png
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Yep...all those great looking Mustangs from the past and present are shown and then someone sticks an ugly ass SUV in there. What an abomination.

bf39fe839ac0c9eae6cdd312868f7788.500x209x16.gif
Exactly! At first I said whoa an actual mustang commercial. Guess they're finally gonna start competing against dodge with ads. Boy was I wrong.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yep, I see it all over the 'net ... but who's feeding everyone this info? It has to be Tesla of course, but is it just because 187K people put down a refundable $100 deposit (that's $18.7 million to Tesla) ... or maybe some "computer generated potential buyers" put down most of those "pre-orders", lol. Who knows what kind of shenanigans goes on these days. It just seems way over the top for an ugly arse truck IMO.

Exactly - this is what I’m saying also...

I think Musk did that as a total stunt.... they built an f’d up looking wild and crazy ass Mad Max vehicle to spoof the entire unveiling event - and not only to do that, but to have it mocked up so the “bullet proof” windows would break (on purpose) then act all like “OMG that wasn’t supposed to happen”.

The whole thing was publicity ruse to drawn attention to Tesla - as well as the fake “orders”....

How people can think that whole thing was not planned, at all, have their heads stuck up their asses...

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
I had a dream last night that I was trying to convince someone at Ford to tell Bill Ford to not call the Mach E a Mustang.

I am still very upset about this.

The Mopar boys have to be laughing about this...if they know about it.

If they don’t remove the Mustang name, then I just hope if fails.
What the hell do they have to laugh about? their beloved Charger is a 4 door sedan. Talk about disrespecting your heritage.

Sponsored

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
I had a dream last night that I was trying to convince someone at Ford to tell Bill Ford to not call the Mach E a Mustang.

I am still very upset about this.

The Mopar boys have to be laughing about this...if they know about it.

If they don’t remove the Mustang name, then I just hope if fails.
Looking at a few forums, yes, it's getting laughed at and bashed HARD, but is also concerning to both the Dodge and Chevy guys. I think we all can agree that the pony/muscle cars are in danger of even existing for a host of reasons. I think a lot of guys accept and in some cases welcome hybrid and/or EV pony/muscle cars. But in no way do we want them to go away completely. The more options for pony/muscle cars, the better. Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger/Charger need to be at least available to purchase for many of us. That is what is most concerning here. There have been ZERO announcements nor leaks about the next gen of any pony car (except the rumors about Camaro discussed earlier in this thread, and those rumors are just that it won't exist on the alpha2 chassis and MIGHT exist on the VSS-R platform). Also, almost NO pony/muscle car guy wants these cars' names to be used on vehicles that represent the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of what that have become iconic for. Ford not only pissed off most Mustang owners, but other enthusiasts as well. Come on man, the Mach-E is a 4 door CUV, it's a fricking Honda CRV with the Mustang slapped on it. It's insulting.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

I think Musk did that as a total stunt.... they built an f’d up looking wild and crazy ass Mad Max vehicle to spoof the entire unveiling event - and not only to do that, but to have it mocked up so the “bullet proof” windows would break (on purpose) then act all like “OMG that wasn’t supposed to happen”.

The whole thing was publicity ruse to drawn attention to Tesla - as well as the fake “orders”....

How people can think that whole thing was not planned, at all, have their heads stuck up their asses...

Neither of them seemed surprised when the glass broke.

That EV truck is a joke. The designed is flawed and too contrived. Nothing in nature has angles like that and unless you are trying to avoid radar, then stealth design doesn't do much for a truck.

Sheer surfaces are horrible for aero and Elon designed that for Wannabee's. Not because they spent million in a wind tunnel.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

:surprised::facepalm:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Neither of them seemed surprised when the glass broke.

That EV truck is a joke. The designed is flawed and too contrived. Nothing in nature has angles like that and unless you are trying to avoid radar, then stealth design doesn't do much for a truck.

Sheer surfaces are horrible for aero and Elon designed that for Wannabee's. Not because they spent million in a wind tunnel.
You do realize that a normal truck as the aerodynamic efficiency of a brick right? I bet you the wedge shape of the cybertruck is actually MORE efficient then a normal truck design (but still not great). I do not doubt though that the design will be refined before release to comply with safety standards.

Interesting read as to why the truck is designed the way it is. Simply put, the stainless steel body is to thick to stamp. Utility over design is the key part of this truck.

https://electrek.co/2019/11/24/tesl...rwise-it-would-break-the-machines-to-make-it/

https://www.wired.com/story/why-tesla-cybertruck-looks-weird/

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
You do realize that a normal truck as the aerodynamic efficiency of a brick right? I bet you the wedge shape of the cybertruck is actually MORE efficient then a normal truck design (but still not great).
The Lamborghini Countach with it's spaceage angular wedge-shaped body had one of the worst coefficient of drag on the planet at the time (.42). That thing was a real brick. Just ask Jay Leno.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
What the hell do they have to laugh about? their beloved Charger is a 4 door sedan. Talk about disrespecting your heritage.
Dodge destroyed the Charger brand long ago. First they put it on multiple luxo-cruiser models in the '70s and then they put it on a pointy Omni in the '80s. Even with four doors and on a platform that's getting older by the minute the current generation is the best thing to happen to that brand since the early '70s.

This exactly what happened to the Thunderbird in the late '60s and '70s. Which again is a perfect example of why this is such a terrible idea. They damaged the Thunderbird brand in a way that some pretty good cars in the '80s and '90s could not undo. This thing would really more properly be branded as a modern incarnation of the Thunderbird but they destroyed that brand in the name of sales just as they're doing with Mustang now.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
ford-mustang-mach-e-police-interceptor-rendering-by-aksyonov-nikita.jpg

ford-mustang-mach-e-police-interceptor-rendering-by-aksyonov-nikita.jpg

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
You do realize that a normal truck as the aerodynamic efficiency of a brick right? I bet you the wedge shape of the cybertruck is actually MORE efficient then a normal truck design (but still not great). I do not doubt though that the design will be refined before release to comply with safety standards.

Interesting read as to why the truck is designed the way it is. Simply put, the stainless steel body is to thick to stamp. Utility over design is the key part of this truck.

https://electrek.co/2019/11/24/tesl...rwise-it-would-break-the-machines-to-make-it/

https://www.wired.com/story/why-tesla-cybertruck-looks-weird/
hunh..?
Do you think that style was because Elon Musk was going for aero..? Or futuristic looks...?

Specially when long flat panels are not aero anyways... Too much surface turbulence, etc. This truck is for kalifornication.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra