Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT California Special
I just watched it, that’s pretty much the stance I’m going for

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I would suggest going with bilsteins shocks/struts , bmr handling springs and MM camber caster plates.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@Steven9194 what do you actually want to do with the car, just lower it or are there other considerations such as ride and/or track?

You could also call Steeda and tell them what you're chasing, they seem to have mix and match setups for most requirements.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steven9194

Steven9194

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
@Steven9194 what do you actually want to do with the car, just lower it or are there other considerations such as ride and/or track?

You could also call Steeda and tell them what you're chasing, they seem to have mix and match setups for most requirements.
Mainly wanting to lower it, but if I get better handling out of it that’d be great to. I don’t track the car. Spirited driving when the mood strikes. I’ve read nothing but good things about Pedders thus far, but I’m open to suggestions. I don’t want to spend more than 1600 on parts. I was originally looking at Eibach coil overs, but have actually read more positive on Pedders, and they have twice the warranty.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
If you primarily want to lower it you might be able to get away with just springs, modified bump stops and camber plates. Not trying to talk you out of anything but I'd still suggest calling Steeda and/or BMR and seeing what they say before you spend $$$ on dampers you might not need. Steeda will try to sell you dampers because they carry them, BMR doesn't, and you can always add dampers later.

Saved money can be put towards things like rear knuckle bearings and shock mounts.

OP
OP
Steven9194

Steven9194

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
If you primarily want to lower it you might be able to get away with just springs, modified bump stops and camber plates. Not trying to talk you out of anything but I'd still suggest calling Steeda and/or BMR and seeing what they say before you spend $$$ on dampers you might not need. Steeda will try to sell you dampers because they carry them, BMR doesn't, and you can always add dampers later.

Saved money can be put towards things like rear knuckle bearings and shock mounts.
Oh I gotcha, I may give them a call. My biggest concern with the Pedders kit was the reviews I’d read about having to cut the strut tower, but now I’m thinking it won’t have to be done. That would of been a bust for me.

OP
OP
Steven9194

Steven9194

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Well I pulled the trigger on the Pedders kit today. I did a lot of reading and asking around. So I hope I’m as happy with them as I’m expecting.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Steven9194 rather than reply to your PM, I thought it might help a few more people if I share this publicly.
In both pics, the bolts have been moved to the inner holes.
Top pic is how you’d set them for more or less neutral camber, easily accessed.
Bottom pic is pushed out for basically max positive. Note the the installer failed to relocate the outboard bolts to the inner holes, hence they’re a bitch to tighten....
It’s a simple game yet so many get it wrong. Then they start hacking their car up because someone told them “it’s the only way” :punch:
NB: Airlift use BC racing dampers/camber tops, as do Pedders. Ergo, your setup would be identical to what I’m showing you.

3B75DE57-EC70-4398-92BB-CDC36D5A8246.jpeg
4195CEC9-FDF6-446E-96EF-722771865580.jpeg

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I can't comment on their coilovers, but I'm running their SportsRyder kit (matched lowering springs, shocks/struts, standard strut mounts) and the ride/handling is amazing for the price. Of course I think it rides like a Bentley because I'm comparing it to my old 2012 with full polyurethane bushings, Konis, H&R super sports, corrected geometry front and rear, etc. but I still think it rides nice compared to other sports cars out there.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Steven9194 rather than reply to your PM, I thought it might help a few more people if I share this publicly.
In both pics, the bolts have been moved to the inner holes.
Top pic is how you’d set them for more or less neutral camber, easily accessed.
Bottom pic is pushed out for basically max positive. Note the the installer failed to relocate the outboard bolts to the inner holes, hence they’re a bitch to tighten....
It’s a simple game yet so many get it wrong. Then they start hacking their car up because someone told them “it’s the only way” :punch:
NB: Airlift use BC racing dampers/camber tops, as do Pedders. Ergo, your setup would be identical to what I’m showing you.

3B75DE57-EC70-4398-92BB-CDC36D5A8246.jpeg
4195CEC9-FDF6-446E-96EF-722771865580.jpeg
Very helpful. Thanks for posting.

Definitely reply to this thread with your thoughts after a install. @Steven9194

JPMagnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have had the pedders coilover kit installed for over a year and I love the way they ride, corner, especially with the larger BMR front and rear sway bars. I dont track my car but I dont regret getting these coilovers.

Bobombo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
Just a suggestion if someone haven't already. Get one of the ball end 5mm allen key.
Sponsored