Sponsored

Ford Performance Oil Separators work well

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3993 traded. 2022 MACH 1
Thought I would share how the oil separators have been doing since installing them about 750 miles ago. They work very well.
In the attached photos, these mainly are of the passenger side, as there has been nothing in the driver side, which is great.
Again the oil seen in the pictures is after 750 miles, city and highway 70-75 mph range driving, and some high rev playing. You definitely want to get a seperator on the passenger side, wish I had done this in the first couple of hundred miles.... currently 3700 miles.
The one picture is of the top half of the separator with the filter out....dry, no oil film to the touch.This filter screen works great.

The driver side is the GT 350 model with slight modification to the connection to the bank. Actually going to get two 45 deg angle connectors next week and make that even better looking.
IMG_7905.jpg
IMG_7906.jpg
IMG_7907.jpg
IMG_7913.jpg
IMG_7914.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New here, is this unit plug and play like the JLT?
The passenger side is plug and play ... but does require some minor installation of the bracket that holds the separator. Nothing to intense.
You could do it without installing the bracket and would just hang like the JLT, I would think.
Look up :
Ford Performance Parts Coyote Oil-Air Separator Kits M-6766-A50A
Summit racing has the best price on both separators . Review the installation PDF to understand what I mean.

I like factory look of both of them, look like they belong.

The drivers side will require a slight modification of the connection from the separator to the driver bank. This is because the tube is designed for the GT350 right bank which has the connection in a different spot.
I used 5/8 tubing with the original connections I took off the GT350 tube. Fits the Bullitt because we have the GT350 cold air intake setup. Look at the installation PDF.
Ford Performance Parts 5.2L GT350 Oil-Air Seperator Kits M-6766-A50S

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
My only concern with this is performance on inclines. As the bottom appears wide but not deep, I am wondering if you would have issues with oil pulling on steep inclines (20-30*).

OP
OP

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My only concern with this is performance on inclines. As the bottom appears wide but not deep, I am wondering if you would have issues with oil pulling on steep inclines (20-30*).
Good thought, I thought about that as well, but did not see a real issue due to its size and location of the inlet from the bottom of the reservoir . I believe it can hold about 6.25 ounces to just below the inlet bottom.
I will never let it get even close to the that, as I am use to checking my oil seperator on the F-150 frequently ....man you should see the stuff that UPR collects... especially in the winter.... crazy.

I guess any of them, JLP 3.0 and others with smaller capacity could run into the same condition, if the right circumstances occurred, meaning can rather full and a decent angle.

I will take a photo of the inlet from a angle you can see its height better tomorrow.

Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Good thought, I thought about that as well, but did not see a real issue due to its size and location of the inlet from the bottom of the reservoir . I believe it can hold about 6.25 ounces to just below the inlet bottom.
I will never let it get even close to the that, as I am use to checking my oil seperator on the F-150 frequently ....man you should see the stuff that UPR collects... especially in the winter.... crazy.

I guess any of them, JLP 3.0 and others with smaller capacity could run into the same condition, if the right circumstances occurred, meaning can rather full and a decent angle.

I will take a photo of the inlet from a angle you can see its height better tomorrow.
Thank you. I just thought about it today when pulling into a sonic. Side note - why do all new Sonics have insane inclines?

OP
OP

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are the photos showing things a little better. Hope these help. amount in there is 1k miles worth.
About 1\4 oz. or so.
IMG_7932.jpg
IMG_7933.jpg
IMG_7934 (1).jpg
IMG_7936.jpg

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are the photos showing things a little better. Hope these help. amount in there is 1k miles worth.
About 1\4 oz. or so.
IMG_7932.jpg
IMG_7933.jpg
IMG_7934 (1).jpg
IMG_7936.jpg

Thank you. This makes me more comfortable about my order.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I thought about buying the JLT but I don't like the fact it just hangs there relying on the hoses to hold it. The Ford Perf. comes with a mounting bracket and judging by these pictures, works very well. Thank-you for posting this. You made the decision for this FP separator a no-brainer. One question though, how do you empty it? Syringe? Remove and dump?

OP
OP

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought about buying the JLT but I don't like the fact it just hangs there relying on the hoses to hold it. The Ford Perf. comes with a mounting bracket and judging by these pictures, works very well. Thank-you for posting this. You made the decision for this FP separator a no-brainer. One question though, how do you empty it? Syringe? Remove and dump?
Your welcome, very cool. Not a fan of things just hanging there either. I used a syringe and then paper towel to get the rest. You could disconnect the hoses and lift it off the mounting bracket and pour out.
I want to see whats happening in there, so I just take the top off. Just be careful, bolts and washers are Stainless and are only slightly magnetic, make sure to have a secure grip on them when loosening. If they fall into the Black Abyss, difficult to find and dont believe they sell those separately. Once out, I immediately put them into a magnetic holder.

As to the driver side separator, dry as a bone, no oil, may have been a waste of money, But I wanted protect both sides.
Syringe or paper towel on driver one for sure, does not come off easily like passenger side, once in place you will want to leave it there. Just take the top off.

Last edited:

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
OP
OP

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Emptied mine this weekend. This is 1,750 miles.
Nice of you too post it as well , you have a little more miles on your check than mine.
I was at a 1k miles, not too different between the two.
I changed oil this weekend to a different brand, will be interesting to see if I get the same amount again in another 1000 miles.
I would be interested in hearing how your experience with the 5w-30 has been, perhaps a seperate chat if good with you.
Sponsored