Sponsored

Gt350 or C8

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
At that low entry price point it is hard to compare it to $300K + supercars, although people are certainly trying.
It's a chevy those $300k+ are Ferrari's, Lambo's and McLaren's completely different league
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And additionally people keep trying to saw how awful the rear end looks. Well if Chevy would have used round dual tail lights then people would be screaming about how it looks like an F430:
True the rear end of the c8 really makes it look like a chevy.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Let’s be real, the C8 will shit all over the mustang platform.

I love my GT350, but don’t fool yourselves in thinking your 25k rental with 30k in motor and suspension is better.

Chevy just stepped up their game and I can guarantee you that anyone who was going to pay 20k over for a GT500 now has the C8 Z06 in their mind.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

I love my GT350, but don’t fool yourselves in thinking your 25k rental with 30k in motor and suspension is better.

Chevy just stepped up their game and I can guarantee you that anyone who was going to pay 20k over for a GT500 now has the C8 Z06 in their mind.
Unfortunately, correct.

The C8 is the logical choice by just about any measure. But somehow I can't see owning one. I can't even figure out why...

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What a dumb ass statement these two car are not even the same category and the performance difference isn't going to be that much. Enjoy your c8 it's going to be the last corvette gen.

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What a dumb ass statement these two car are not even the same category and the performance difference isn't going to be that much. Enjoy your c8 it's going to be the last corvette gen.
Wow, guys are touchy and can't handle the truth. 60K puts it in the same catagory...

MNGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 base comp orange
Front engine, manual transmission, classic muscle car descendant with exotic yet classic sounding NA V8
or
Mid engine, fancy fast non-manual shifting transmission, track based sports car trying to compete with others of similar build, classic NA V8 (for now).

It's about preferences for the buyer. I see them as pretty different options.

Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350

Those two may match up better. Removes the transmission issue altogether. It really is a to each their own kind of thing. Some feel one way and others feel another. Can't believe either camp is completely correct but more like two different flavors of fantastic performance cars.

Sixx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
19 GT 350
I picked up a new 350 last week. I gave serious consideration to holdout for the C8 but decided to move forward with the Shelby for a number of reasons.

1. I wanted something with a backseat. My wife and I go to Tahoe and Carmel a fair amount for long weekends and vacations and it is great to be able to throw extra bags and jackets in the backseat. I also need something that can haul around a guitar or two in a hardshell case along with an amp.
  2. The $60k base price makes great headlines, but I know that I would go for a fair amount of upgrades and performance packages. My guess is that a car spec'd with my desired level of options would run close to $80k.
  3. I wanted to go back to a manual. I have historically driven manuals with the exception of my last two cars (BMW M2 with DCT and Porsche with PDK). Don't get me wrong, those dual clutches are fantastic; however, I do enjoy rowing my own. With the way things are going in the industry, who knows how much longer we will have that option.
  4. First year gremlins. I know that GM has improved their quality over the years; however, I am always a bit reluctant to go with the first year of an all new design (regardless of mfr). The C8 platform is a radical departure for GM and the car has a lot of new/unproven hardware (e.g., the transmission).
I have no doubt that the C8 will be a great car. For me the Shelby was the right choice.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, guys are touchy and can't handle the truth. 60K puts it in the same catagory...
Ok by your logic Bullitt number one sold for $300.000.00 so it is in the same class with Lamborghini, Ferrari and McLaren. So that would also put the c8 in the same class as the Mercedes E class coupe and the Mercedes E class wagon along with the BMW 535 Grand Turismo and the BMW X5.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
And additionally people keep trying to saw how awful the rear end looks. Well if Chevy would have used round dual tail lights then people would be screaming about how it looks like an F430:

DMC-21023_a-600x600.jpg

And on top of that, someone PLEASE name one supercar that has a legitimately good looking rear end. *crickets*

Very few do because the designers are so restricted on what can be accomplished with no decklid.
I like the pic of the Ferrari you posted much better than the C8's rear end. In addition, I think these cars also have pretty nice butts. Can't say the same for the C8.

5691481620_aea5d04686_b.jpg

PXQWLS25UJBGLABE7XZ7EMFRME.jpg
Sponsored