Sponsored

Gt350 or C8

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
OHC is older lol

LT2 redlines at 6600, with peak power at 6350. 18+ GT makes peak power at 7k with a 7.5k redline, so technically the LT2 makes peak power closer to the redline. The GT350 makes peak power at 7500 RPM with a redline of 8250, even worse. Pretty impressive.
Your right because Chevy definitely had the balls to engineer the worlds first front engined flat plane crank V8 while also figuring out the worlds first dampening system for it while Chevy was developing what a completely normal V8 that makes more torque which everyone who has common sense would know. Also 6,600 damn a entire 100rpm increase! Give the engineers an award. Also the mustang gt has port and direct injection which again is more tech than chevy can ever handle
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your right because Chevy definitely had the balls to engineer the worlds first front engined flat plane crank V8 while also figuring out the worlds first dampening system for it while Chevy was developing what a completely normal V8 that makes more torque which everyone who has common sense would know. Also 6,600 damn a entire 100rpm increase! Give the engineers an award.
Flat Plane Crank is great but releasing it with the amount of engine exchanges they're having is not. Oil Consumption, filter issues, cracking blocks and exhaust manifolds, etc. This is many years into production, too. Not year one issues.

The whole point that people praise DOHC engines isn't necessarily the redline itself, rather the feeling of the engine in that the higher the revs go the harder it pulls. By that metric, the LT2 is superior. If you just want to say my engine redlines at X RPM, then go get an E92 or a GT3 or even an S2000.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Flat Plane Crank is great but releasing it with the amount of engine exchanges they're having is not. Oil Consumption, filter issues, cracking blocks and exhaust manifolds, etc. This is many years into production, too. Not year one issues.

The whole point that people praise DOHC engines isn't necessarily the redline itself, rather the feeling of the engine in that the higher the revs go the harder it pulls. By that metric, the LT2 is superior. If you just want to say my engine redlines at X RPM, then go get an E92 or a GT3 or even an S2000.

Point out something that the majority of people never experienced and has been fixed to bring it up for the 10,000th time on this forum nice man. Let me know whenever Chevy gets their reliability fixed because last time I checked it was atrocious and everyone on this forum will agree. And thanks for pointing out cars that are all 100000x more fun to drive and downshift than a Chevy V8

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
We get it you love Chevy; no need to lie and argue disingenuously throwing out wildly inaccurate 'reliability' figures

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
O and the fact that you're focusing on 'RPM' and the valve train shows you missed the point:

an american manufacturer actually wanted to step out of the box and introduce something new and novel... took Chevy 3 generations to do that with their 'rolling statement' car

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Also the mustang gt has port and direct injection which again is more tech than chevy can ever handle
The ZR1 has dual injection. Part of the reason why the Small block doesn't have it in the other iterations is because it just doesn't need it. Truth is, that small block has better stoich efficiency with all of its displacement and utilizes fuel better. Think why Ford went to the 7.3 in the Super Duty. Same reason why The LS and Gen 2 LT's work so well.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Point out something that the majority of people never experienced and has been fixed to bring it up for the 10,000th time on this forum nice man. Let me know whenever Chevy gets their reliability fixed because last time I checked it was atrocious and everyone on this forum will agree. And thanks for pointing out cars that are all 100000x more fun to drive and downshift than a Chevy V8
Define majority. What's your acceptable chance % for failure? To each their own, but to ignore it and try to say it doesn't exist is irresponsible. Makes you sound like a denier of the E9X bearing issue, or the LS7 valve deniers. Something everyone on this forum will admit is a foregone fact, right? That's the perception of the GT350 elsewhere. There have definitely been a lot of failures on this board. The forum below includes members that are only on this board, and that are still around to report on their issues.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/replaced-voodoo-engine.104010/

We get it you love Chevy; no need to lie and argue disingenuously throwing out wildly inaccurate 'reliability' figures
I love cars, not a brand. No one here is going to deny that this golden age of options is going away for ICE. Mercedes just flagged to their consumers that their future AMG products won't sound as good as they do today. Tying oneself to one brand means you miss out on too much.

See above for my reliability comment.

O and the fact that you're focusing on 'RPM' and the valve train shows you missed the point:

an american manufacturer actually wanted to step out of the box and introduce something new and novel... took Chevy 3 generations to do that with their 'rolling statement' car
The engine sounds fantastic and has tons of character, I love that motor. I owned one, and was back and forth between a 19 GT350 and a 19 Grand Sport but was able to get the Grand Sport for $12k cheaper. I'll be in this Grand Sport for awhile unless Ford comes out with a killer Mustang deal/package, which birdies have told me is coming.

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
If you are willing to wait, I would want to drive a C8, GT350R and GT500 to compare.

I'm really intrigued with the C8 and could see myself getting one someday, but it would only be in addition to what I already have. I wouldn't get rid of the GT350 because it brings it's own unique experience with the Voodoo and manual. I'm not interested in the first model year of the C8 either - I'll let the early adopters identify the bugs and soak up the ADMs.

This.

It was a little crazy but I owned a 2017 GT350, sold it for a C7 Z06, sold that and then came back and just took delivery of my 2019 GT350. Point being is that I LOVE corvette and I will get back into that world in a couple of years but they are literally everywhere where the GT350 and GT350R not so much. I love the GT350 for what it is and the exhaust is just killer. The C7 Z06 checked a ton of boxes for me but I got rid of it to upgrade eventually to a 2019 ZR1 or a C8Z or whatever it will be. Bottom line is if I can do it I plan to keep both. In my opinion, unless you have a lot to spend the GT350 can be a daily driver where the other not so much but is that what you are looking for? Do you want a track weapon? Both of them fit that bill. There is something special about the GT350 that makes it a must have for me. As much as I loved the Vette I really missed having the GT350. Like so many other have said it comes down to what you love and what you can afford. For me I have driven many cars but the GT350 just gives me that "feeling". I Love the C7 Z06 too but for other reasons. Throw in the GT500 and the best bet to is try and drive all 3 and see what speaks to you. I don't think you can go wrong with this "Menage a trois"!

Good Luck!!

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The ZR1 has dual injection. Part of the reason why the Small block doesn't have it in the other iterations is because it just doesn't need it. Truth is, that small block has better stoich efficiency with all of its displacement and utilizes fuel better. Think why Ford went to the 7.3 in the Super Duty. Same reason why The LS and Gen 2 LT's work so well.
Define majority. What's your acceptable chance % for failure? To each their own, but to ignore it and try to say it doesn't exist is irresponsible. Makes you sound like a denier of the E9X bearing issue, or the LS7 valve deniers. Something everyone on this forum will admit is a foregone fact, right? That's the perception of the GT350 elsewhere. There have definitely been a lot of failures on this board. The forum below includes members that are only on this board, and that are still around to report on their issues.

I love cars, not a brand. No one here is going to deny that this golden age of options is going away for ICE. Mercedes just flagged to their consumers that their future AMG products won't sound as good as they do today. Tying oneself to one brand means you miss out on too much.

The engine sounds fantastic and has tons of character, I love that motor. I owned one, and was back and forth between a 19 GT350 and a 19 Grand Sport but was able to get the Grand Sport for $12k cheaper. I'll be in this Grand Sport for awhile unless Ford comes out with a killer Mustang deal/package, which birdies have told me is coming.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions that what makes the world go round. Some people like Chevy some people are die hard Ford people (ME) and some people like everything. Im in my early 20's so I can't really have the budget for anything which is why I bought the 350 bc it provides so much for the price point. At least you aren't like some of the chevy trolls on here and responded with valid answers.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Everyone is entitled to their opinions that what makes the world go round. Some people like Chevy some people are die hard Ford people (ME) and some people like everything. Im in my early 20's so I can't really have the budget for anything which is why I bought the 350 bc it provides so much for the price point. At least you aren't like some of the chevy trolls on here and responded with valid answers.
What I stated wasn't an opinion. It's a fact. That's why Chevy continues to use the small block architecture. That and cost. But consequently because of the stoich points being optimized for the 6.2 displacement, it won't ever rev extremely high without a serious rework of the top end, camshaft, and intake. It will also then lose its stoichiometric advantage within the RPM range that the engine has been tuned for.

Personally I think both Chevy and Ford diehards are fools because they miss out on quite a bit including learning opportunities to become more EMPOWERED. Cars don't have cooties people. It's more than okay to understand what goes on outside of the Ford Modular block. You may learn a thing or three.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
If there is ADM still on the 350 .
<pause>

Who the heck pays ADM on a non R 350? Many of us are even between list to under MSRP this year.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
This is many years into production, too. Not year one issues..
It's only 3 years of what is still fairly limited production (MY2019 improvements seem likely to be that refinement expected) and being compared to production volume cars? Not exactly a fair comparison and even at the limited production volumes the failure rate isn't a big percentage at least from the polls in the volcal community of 350/R owners.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If you want a back seat, a better exhaust and a manual, get the 350R. For every other reason, get the C8.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
If you want a back seat, a better exhaust and a manual, get the 350R. For every other reason, get the C8.
"Ding-Ding-Ding" Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner...!!!
This guy is SPOT ON (with the exception of the back seat in an R).
My thoughts exactly as far as exhaust and manual gearbox.
Sponsored