Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
20130730_184311.jpg
If you ever see a Cobra on the street, 99.9% of the time its a replica. Engine is 393sbf, NA, 480hp. Car weights 2,500lbs.

2013 Mustang had whipple and after excessive speeding ticket last year, i sold to buy 2019.
Sponsored

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
So I’ve got a 17MY 6 speed auto and how I get mine to spin up is I turn off traction control then hold left foot on brake pedal and give the throttle a good welly which spins the wheels up then just let go of the brake pedal and I prefer to do it in a straight line on a nice wide road so if it starts to fish tail just lift off the throttle but the modern tyres don’t seem to sqeal these days

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Thanks for all the smart ass advise. I guess the issue is either I don't know how the modes of this car work, or the car is a little soft on takeoff. Seems to me with 460hp, this car should leave harder. But then what do i know.
I found what claims to be a stock dyno test.

HP up around 7000 rpm is irrelevant here, when you're first laying into the throttle at something like 2000 rpm. Notice here that the torque curve is pretty soft below about 2300 rpm. I have no idea how much help you're supposed to be getting from the 10R80's torque converter stall ratio, whether you're getting all of it, or if there's any brief bit of torque management going on. Anyway, at 2000 rpm it's only putting out about 230 ft*lbs (Torque scale is on the right and doesn't match the HP scale). That's only a little more than half of the advertised peak torque number . . .

dyno run screenshot 2018-2019 Mustang GT.jpg

Norm

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Lol. Wants to spin tires, but sold a whipple coyote (which I hope smoked the tires) for 19 due to excessive speeding ticket. Now upset your new one hooks? That 19 GT w/ e85 tune would consistently be quicker in 1/4 than your kit car that smokes the tires. Wow...

Next.

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
I really don't see how you are having problems actually getting too much traction which tbh that is what really everyone wants. I have Cooper zeon rs3-s 305/35r20 and I still can't get traction on those fat ass tires.
Give the firehawk's a try next time. Same pricepoint. Little better grip in both dry and wet.

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I get it - the Cobra (and I'll own one before I die) - is a great toy but isn't particularly refined or something you want to drive cross-country. The current Mustang is the refined cross-country tourer, but who doesn't want to still be able to peel out every now and then? Certainly capable of many more speeding tickets, but the fun is being able to turn the tires over a few times when you want to. Maybe an answer could be some different tires - some all seasons, maybe? The traction control will still kick in, but maybe you could get enough action out of them to be fun just cutting up around town - being careful to not get speeding tickets.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Give the firehawk's a try next time. Same pricepoint. Little better grip in both dry and wet.
I will look into those thanks! I was thinking Nitto's but they are always so damn expensive. They are great tires though.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
This is the plug in question.
The plug has two wires coming from the loom on one end and the other end also has two wires that are simply bridged together. Disconnecting the plug removes that bridge.
It’s unplugged when the car is on the dyno so that the rear wheels can rotate whilst the fronts are static, without the TC freaking out.
You’re basically preventing the car from seeing the difference in wheelspeeds, ergo, you can drift and skid to your hearts content without the computer intervening.
Pros: the car won’t try and save you
Cons: the car won’t try and save you.
9DCE954E-8EE7-4EB5-A9E8-329557DE66B9.jpeg
Thanks for the info, I've disconnected it and will see if the car acts any different with it un-plugged versus just shutting of the AdvanceTrac with the dash button.

I'd be very interested to see if it disables torque reduction, giving slightly more power.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
The difference with the nanny plug undone should be dramatic. It takes very little effort for me to feel my car's tail stepping out if I pull around a corner a little too hard. Had it unplugged for the dyno today and leaving the facility it was getting a little squirrely.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Put in drag mode TCS off, Put the brake on , floor the gas, let off the brake then literally spin until you are on the moon. seriously, until you are on the moon. Or get a Tbrake tune push the brake, left paddle, right paddle, then floor the gas while holding all those, then let off the brake and left paddle then right paddle and just rip through the gears to like 200 mph wheel speed at 20 mph actual speed

Last edited:

Sponsored

chohan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, 301a, 10r80

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Elucidate please. How/why does unplugging at the box kill drag mode?
On premium or 301a, 400a, 401a cars unplugged it kills it. On base non drag mode (non toggle) cars you can. Crazy Huh. But, you need a tune to replicate drag mode on 300a car. Unless I’m misinformed and tuners are somehow working around that...?

chohan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, 301a, 10r80
On premium or 301a, 400a, 401a cars unplugged it kills it. On base non drag mode (non toggle) cars you can. Crazy Huh. But, you need a tune to replicate drag mode on 300a car. Unless I’m misinformed and tuners are somehow working around that...?
Interesting. Good to know since I have base plus 301a, thanks.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Interesting. Good to know since I have base plus 301a, thanks.
Maybe a tune allows it? But, a couple people (Lund tuned) I know said they only turn off nannies by pushing the button. And that unplugged they run slower?

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So does pulling the plug mess with the torque management? Harder shifts like drag mode or just sport?
Sponsored