Sponsored

Spinning Tires

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
We ever gonna get to the "what plug" part?

I think I've heard about this. Doesn't it throw codes when pulled?
No codes, but shows a light that traction control is inoperational. It's on the right side (fwd looking aft) of the engine bay, right next to the fender. There are pics in the autocross F Street thread and probably few others. If you can't find it, I can take a pic for you when I go out to lunch.
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not really looking for wheel spin, but thought that this car could at least chirp the tires. The owners manual not that clear on driving modes or traction control or abs.

My Cobra replica with no electronics will break the tires loose in 1st and 2nd by just blimping the throttle, so i'm used to it.
Ok so I have Manual and I have 2017th which is less power but a friend of mine is able to spin it with Auto as well though Pirelli.

So let's try this few things:

1. Put Track Mode on.
2. Hold Traction Control button for 5-8 secondsi t should say Advance Track off on the dash.
3. Spin the wheel 90 degrees.
4. Auto in paddles mode.
5. Start going in circle keeping the car in 2nd or 3rd gear with just a little amount of gas.
6. Floor it.

- Video as well.

If this doesn't help I guess you need a manual or something is wrong with your engine.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I'm not really looking for wheel spin, but thought that this car could at least chirp the tires. The owners manual not that clear on driving modes or traction control or abs.

My Cobra replica with no electronics will break the tires loose in 1st and 2nd by just blimping the throttle, so i'm used to it.
Can you post a picture of you car? Maybe we can deduce what the issue is by seeing it from different angles.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

If you're really not looking for wheelspin and still want to get at least a 'chirp' . . . how long will it be before "a little chirp" stops being enough?

It's not forced induction like your '13, and it's not a big engine in a light car like your Cobra either, so you may be expecting too much. Maybe just sit back and drive this car for what you've found it to be good at and take the Cobra out when you need to remind yourself what not having traction is like.

Take that for what it's worth from somebody who stopped seeing the point of turning expensive tires into smoke after the first two or three times. 50+ years ago.

Norm

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What are ya'll talking about? What plug? What does un-plugging it do?
This is the plug in question.
The plug has two wires coming from the loom on one end and the other end also has two wires that are simply bridged together. Disconnecting the plug removes that bridge.
It’s unplugged when the car is on the dyno so that the rear wheels can rotate whilst the fronts are static, without the TC freaking out.
You’re basically preventing the car from seeing the difference in wheelspeeds, ergo, you can drift and skid to your hearts content without the computer intervening.
Pros: the car won’t try and save you
Cons: the car won’t try and save you.
9DCE954E-8EE7-4EB5-A9E8-329557DE66B9.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobrakit

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Thanks for all the smart ass advise. I guess the issue is either I don't know how the modes of this car work, or the car is a little soft on takeoff. Seems to me with 460hp, this car should leave harder. But then what do i know.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I haven’t tried the line lock function on mine yet, but in drag mode, shifter in D, load the converter at 1,200-1,500rpm, I get maybe a little spin off the line, but a hard chirp into second and third. Hard enough that I think it’s costing me maybe 0.1-0.2 sec to 60. Tires are 285/35-19 UHP all season.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How the heck do i get this thing to spin the tires? I have a 2019 GT PP1 A10. Currently running 295/30-20 Michelin PS4S on rear. I tried various driving modes and ensure traction control off. Could only get tires to break loose in straight line in drag race mode. Car seems to come off the line civialized, then its hold tight as it hits 100 very fast. Line lock works fine by the way. Dazed and confused :headbang:
These the OEM tires ? The Pirelli 235 A/S that was on my car would spin fairly easily.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
He has premium pp1. Unplugging at the box will kill his drag mode. FYI

Learn how to activate the drag mode option. Press traction control button for 5-7 seconds to shut off advanced trac. Load the car on 1400-1800 rpms on brake and let go...

Last edited:

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe you not pressing the petal all the way to the floor.

I spun deep into third the other day in drag mode on a 90 degree day. Tires were hot. I also have 3.15 rear so I spun past 60. I was doing a pull and started to spin at the top of first.

Try this. Put in drag mode. Tc off. Do about 20 and wait for second gear shift. Pin it to the floor to get it to shift to the top of first. Then instantly into second. I can generally spin pretty good like this.

Also if you like to burn money air them up to 40-45 psi.

PS4s 275
Nope, all mine does is drop back to first, dig in and haul butt when I do this. My tires are at 35 cold and nary a chirp. My 300C on the other hand with Contis would spin like crazy leaving two black lines. I guess the Hemi makes a lot more torque down low, unlike the Coyote.

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Thanks for all the smart ass advise. I guess the issue is either I don't know how the modes of this car work, or the car is a little soft on takeoff. Seems to me with 460hp, this car should leave harder. But then what do i know.
Yep, they are a pesky bunch.
However, they are more tame than my Harley forum................:giggle:

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I really don't see how you are having problems actually getting too much traction which tbh that is what really everyone wants. I have Cooper zeon rs3-s 305/35r20 and I still can't get traction on those fat ass tires.

OP
OP
Cobrakit

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Not sure i framed the question correctly, but some of you got it. It appears that the Michelins DO NOT make alot of noise. Also, it seems like you have to load up the convertor as stated and then it spins. I was expecting that by releasing brake and then stomping accelerator, that i would get some wheel spin. I guess i'll just take the Cobra out and have fun :like:
20181010_143859.jpg

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Not sure i framed the question correctly, but some of you got it. It appears that the Michelins DO NOT make alot of noise. Also, it seems like you have to load up the convertor as stated and then it spins. I was expecting that by releasing brake and then stomping accelerator, that i would get some wheel spin. I guess i'll just take the Cobra out and have fun :like:
20181010_143859.jpg
Beautiful car! Is that a replica? What size engine?

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Put a Whipple on it. No problem with it feeling soft on takeoff afterwards. Will spin tires.
Sponsored