Sponsored

How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I don't think I've seen another Mustang GT driver under the age of 40 in the ~7 months I've been driving mine.

As a younger driver, we get shit for owning these cars as well, particularly from owners of BMW/Audi etc. The connotation being that it is immature, unrefined, lower class etc.
I've given rides to quite a few European car owners and they were shocked at how well appointed the interior is, how quiet it is, no rattles and in drag mode their faces really lit up! Most said the car felt very fast, well of course, drag mode slams the shifts big time! :)

KDSinister

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT PP1, Borla ATAK, Steeda ProFlow, Steeda springs, SVT PP2
I turned 55 in May, and have had GT's in the past ('82 GT), etc. I just pulled the trigger on a '19 Magnetic and I am speechless. This Mustang is one of the best road cars I've driven (M5's, Boxters, Vettes, M3's, etc.) I am in love!!! View attachment 379342
fullsizeoutput_fd7.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
I turned 55 in May, and have had GT's in the past ('82 GT), etc. I just pulled the trigger on a '19 Magnetic and I am speechless. This Mustang is one of the best road cars I've ridden in (M5's, Boxters, M3's, etc.) I am in love!!! View attachment 379342
fullsizeoutput_fd7.jpeg
65 and just sold my beloved FPV GT Falcon ,Ford Performance Vehicle in Australia , to buy a manual GT Mustang and what a car. We get only the one variant which i believe is the PP1 with active exhaust ( what a glorious noise that makes ) and the digital dash and it's a ripper. Basically the only choices , apart from body style and gearbox , are the forged alloys , which i would have liked but at $2,500 Aus as an option i gave that a miss. The weather has been a bit poor in the 2 weeks i have had it and it's not improving for this weekend , so she will stay in the garage. I took my 9 yo granddaughter with me to pick it up and she cried when the GT went but she now loves riding in the Mustang, just waiting to tak my 5yo grandson out, who loves the Mustang touring car series and see his reaction. Cheers
GT450

Sponsored

ddeluce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT California Special with Power Pack 1
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W
I'm 61 and this is my first Mustang. Had the typical family cars for years, then a Miata soft top (really fun car, but wife not a big fan). My Mustang always brings a smile to my face!

WARDCLEAVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustand GT Premium, 2016 Nissan Truck
Turned 65 on July 9th, Rock and Roll Hootchie Koo.

DSC_0006.JPG
q5y.jpg

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT 401a MT82
I'm 29 and I have never seen an old fart driving around in any of these. Most drive classic ones at cars and coffee Would love to have old fart car buds to wrench on and hang out with.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WARDCLEAVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustand GT Premium, 2016 Nissan Truck

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Checking back in ~ making sure you old farts are still kicking = mashing the pedals and rowing the gears :crackup:
Put my baby in sport mode for 60 miles of twisty roads after cars & coffee this AM. Best driving car I've owned in my 65 yrs.:like:

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Checking back in ~ making sure you old farts are still kicking = mashing the pedals and rowing the gears :crackup:
Put my baby in sport mode for 60 miles of twisty roads after cars & coffee this AM. Best driving car I've owned in my 65 yrs.:like:
Auto for me in SFV traffic

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
I am 58 and have been very creative with team in the Garage. This is the only 17 GT Conv PP1 but W/ a Auto ever made. Also the only made 606 PP1 Conv. W/ a manual.
IMG_5467.JPG
IMG_5721.JPG
IMG_5722.JPG

5.0_Fever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramon
Vehicle(s)
2014 Lexus IS250 F sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 401a
Iā€™m 25 with my first Mustang Gt, around Los Angeles I see mostly the younger crowd in the in v6 models and a few of them in Gtā€™s but overall the majority of drivers in Gtā€™s that I have seen appear to be older then 50. Although, I do see ALOT of young challenger and charger drivers with v8ā€™s in my area.
I also sort of agree with the v6 comment, while the buyer deems what is more important to them about the car for their purchase I donā€™t understand the point of owning a v6 muscle car where u donā€™t actually feel the ā€œmuscleā€ of the car. What comes to mind is maybe for the looks?
The thought crossed my mind when I was younger but I could not see myself making that purchase I feel like Iā€™d be teasing myself every time, but thatā€™s just my personal reference as everyone is entitled to their own.
Sponsored