Sponsored

How old are the "seniors" (over 65) on this forum?

Sponsored

HolubS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Plus Coupe in Lightning Blue
Turned 65 last year. Bought an '08 convertible in '08, replaced it with an '18 coupe in 08 (both were year old program cars). I picked up a '73 convertible a while back that will be my retirement project.

20201017_122123_HDR.jpg

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Sold these after I got the Bullitt. I’m now 81 and had to start simplifying my life as well making things easier for my wife should I suddenly exit the scene… Bruces
I just turned 69, and when I saw this post, I said exact same thought -- "making things easier for my wife should I suddenly exit the scene…" We love our wives.

OP
OP
Garfy

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Turned 65 last year. Bought an '08 convertible in '08, replaced it with an '18 coupe in 08 (both were year old program cars). I picked up a '73 convertible a while back that will be my retirement project.

20201017_122123_HDR.jpg
Wow, that's really a project indeed! Is it a 302 or 351? I had a '71 Mach 1 with the base 302-2V engine (really bad with 2.79 rear end and C4). Upgraded it with headers, intake, factory duals, Lakewood trac bars, J.C. Whitney shift kit, Crower cam and Ford 3.50 8" gears for a '66 Mustang and got it to run decently for such a heavy car (nothing compared to our cars today in both performance and weight). I hope you're good at bodywork. Have fun with it!

HolubS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Plus Coupe in Lightning Blue
Wow, that's really a project indeed! Is it a 302 or 351? I had a '71 Mach 1 with the base 302-2V engine (really bad with 2.79 rear end and C4). Upgraded it with headers, intake, factory duals, Lakewood trac bars, J.C. Whitney shift kit, Crower cam and Ford 3.50 8" gears for a '66 Mustang and got it to run decently for such a heavy car (nothing compared to our cars today in both performance and weight). I hope you're good at bodywork. Have fun with it!
I have named her "Kiki", after the original owner's wife. Kiki is a base convertible with a 302 2v and C4 transmission. Plan is to have a local machine shop bump the original 140 HP to around 300 HP. Plan to keep the original trans and rear end after having everything rebuilt. Will probably install a black leather interior from a late model Mustang and a Dakota Digital dash. Many decisions haven't been made yet, currently replacing the floor sections as time permits.

Sponsored

ptmwriter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
85 Jeep, 04 Tbird PCR, Honda CRV, 22 Coastal LTD
I'm just curious as to how many of us "old guys" are on this forum driving GTs whether boosted or plain stock NA models. I just turned 70 and a lot of the guys in my current state (soon to change) seem to be much younger (many in the 30-40 range though some are in the 20's which surprises me as to where they're getting the bucks to buy these cars). I had to wait until I retired with the children out of the house before I actually bought my "retirement" car that I've wanted for a long, long time. Thanks!
I'm about to turn 65 and bought my retirement car with the intention that when the loan is paid off, I retire. (I'm a teacher and took the shortest loan I could get.)
Sponsored