Sponsored

How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Yay the thread is still alive.. oh wait yaaay we are still alive.. LOL
Woke up - got out of bed. Had some coffee, looked in the garage .... yep, gonna be another good day to be alive :like:
20190609_113209.jpg
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I'm sure there are lots of folks on here thinking.....What the hell happened? Just a little while ago I was driving an IROC-Z
If you haven't lost your appetite for spirited driving by age 60, there's a fair chance that you never will.

FWIW, I didn't get out on a real road course until I was 64 (though I'd autocrossed off and on before that). These days, my age starts with a 7 and I really need to fix an axle noise so I can get back out there.

Norm
Some days I'm just totally done driving
what with the bumper to bumper traffic.
South Florida has decent weather but bad traffic and boring flat straight roads. It's the land of pricey cars and no where to drive them.
That's why Sunday mornings are Mustang time for me. I ditch the minivan on the weekend.

1st Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Those wheels are pretty sharp. What are they?

Caltec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt DHG K4551 Electronic Pkg. Mag Ride
71 in a couple of weeks and enjoying my fifth mustang. My Bullitt puts a smile on my face every time I shift with those fabulous exhaust sounds. Have had over 40 vehicles in my driving lifetime, sports cars, coupes and trucks. I can never seem to find the one that I want to hang on to for any significant amount of time. Maybe this is the one.

1st Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
OK, so they are Ford wheels; I didn't expect that. I don't think I can get those down here (New Zealand). Are the rears the same width and offset?
My '19 came with what you guys call PP1 wheels (black) - 19 x 9.0-inch 255/40R19 front and 19 x 9.5-inch 275/40R19 rear

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Norm, & BJ I just bought a set of those 25 lb. wheels myself in 19x10 as they were on sale at LMR as SVE GT7.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
62, so I guess that qualifies as a 'senior citizen'.

My first car when I was 16 was a Mustang (1965 convertible, 289, but in kind of ratty shape). My current 2015 GT is my 5th Mustang.

I hope Jim Hackett doesn't do something stupid and it turns out to be my last Mustang...

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Only 55 here, I've owned quite a few Mustang's in my life, my first one was a special order 1985 5.0 LX Coupe, they were a check box order until 1986. Since then I've owned multiple examples for each decade since. My wife has had a few as well.
My current one is a 2018 GT, 400a, 10r80, 3.55's and will not be my last I'm sure.

In the second picture my daily is a 2017 MKZ AWD 3.0 TT making around 440hp, that car also puts a shit eating grin on my face when floored.

Forum Garage.JPG

62113876_2717470938327781_8131211786771759104_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DRB

JRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W
This offends some Mustang owners but in my opinion if it doesn't have a V8 it is not a Mustang but just another 4 cylinder car. To an old V8 guy it is nowhere near the same eats the sound of a Mustang V8.
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W
I know this upsets some Mustang owners but in my opinion if it doesn't have a V8 it isn't a Mustang. Just another 4 cylinder car, Nothing sounds like a Mustang GT and its worth paying the high tariff to my insurance company.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kinchy

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Ok, here's a relevant question for we seniors..How the hell are you cleaning the rear window without requiring a chiropractor?
It's basically been three months since I bought it and the dust has accumulated - any creative solutions?
Wayne

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
Go to a site like AutoGeek and look for the window cleaning handle. Mine even has a threaded end that you can screw a small mop handle on it. I can stand outside of the car and wash front and rear windows

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ok, here's a relevant question for we seniors..How the hell are you cleaning the rear window without requiring a chiropractor?
It's basically been three months since I bought it and the dust has accumulated - any creative solutions?
Wayne
I have this or something that looks like it :

Invisible Glass 95161 Reach and Clean Tool (1-Piece)
Capture window cleaner.JPG
Sponsored