Sponsored

How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
I have the one in post 366. That hanger loop unscrews. I never used the fabric that comes with it. I just hang micro fiber on it.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
This offends some Mustang owners but in my opinion if it doesn't have a V8 it is not a Mustang but just another 4 cylinder car. To an old V8 guy it is nowhere near the same eats the sound of a Mustang V8.

I know this upsets some Mustang owners but in my opinion if it doesn't have a V8 it isn't a Mustang. Just another 4 cylinder car, Nothing sounds like a Mustang GT and its worth paying the high tariff to my insurance company.
Opinions are like aholes, everybody has one, thankfully nobody except the buyer gets to determine what a Mustang is or isn't. If somebody buys a 4cyl Mustang and loves it, more power to him or her, it's not up to me to tell others what makes a car special, why do you give AF what makes a Mustang special or not.

Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, here's a relevant question for we seniors..How the hell are you cleaning the rear window without requiring a chiropractor?
It's basically been three months since I bought it and the dust has accumulated - any creative solutions?
Wayne
The back window of my GT and MKZ are a pain in the keester for sure!

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I had a 2014 Race Red TrackPak Mustang with the Brembo 19" wheels, which I really liked. There is a guy in Southern California that specializes in widening aluminum wheels...the only issue is that to widen my wheels 1" the cost was about $350 per wheel and then I would have to have them painted and clear coated. To do it right is expensive.

ray3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura RDX (Base), 2018 Acura MDX Hybrid (Tech)
Great thread! My 1st post here. A circuitous but quick (and interesting) route to my 16 GT Premium convertible

A friend lent me his brand new '65 GTO convertible (Navy, white top, white interior, 4 spd) to my senior prom. I saw one in mid-may and thought - "Why don't I get one of those. Two things stopped me, 1) $50K-$75K for a nice one and 2) my brother the garage owner told me that vintage cars are neat, but 35% fun / 65% PITA and more expensive to maintain than can be imagined.

My 68 year old neighbor has a 2006 GT convertible, so I wandered over to talk to him and see if the car was a size 48 Long. I am 72and 6'3" tall, 255 lbs with a very supportive car buying wife is 69. I knew I could probably get into it, but wanted to make sure I could get OUT again. Surprisingly easy both ways for both of us. I started shopping; wanted a new-ish GT Premium convertible, under 20K miles and a personal use (not a rental) car. Much longer search than I anticipated and really hard to find. Long story short, I found with 17,774 miles at a great price on Carvana on a Tuesday night (almost as soon as it appeared) and it was delivered the following Monday night (July 1) at 6 PM. Next day I took it to my 30+ year mechanic who crawled all over and (on a lift) under it and pronounced it pristine.

The whole Carvana experience was pretty interesting and, ultimately, very satisfying. They provided a full CarFax report and even had the original Window Sticker on the car information site.

This is a tremendous extravagance that faces off to our friends' lake cottage, other's boats, European travels, annual multiple cruises, etc. We love the car and don't have a second's regret for buying it. Now it's a matter of learning about this fun toy!

onebad58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang 1958 ford 2021 mach 1
Same here. When people at work found out I ordered a mustang convertible, they lost their minds. MID LIFE CRISIS MUCH?! Was all I heard.

And you know what? I owned it.

I said "Yes, my Mom died last year, my 2 best friends each lost a parent last year, and one of my friends is dying of stage 4 brain cancer. So I am going through an existential crisis and facing my mortality in the worst way. I have decided to enjoy the f@#K out of life as much as I can, while I still can. So enjoy your Camry this summer. I'll be cruising in my GT with the top down".

EDIT - I'm "only" 50. Ah 50 - the old age of youth and the youth of old age. :)
we are older. we can afford a new gt. enjoy it wile you can. I never seen a brinks truck follow a cofin to a grave yard.

Sponsored

FatBurritoEater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1 (Race Red)
Honestly, I don't think I've seen another Mustang GT driver under the age of 40 in the ~7 months I've been driving mine.

As a younger driver, we get shit for owning these cars as well, particularly from owners of BMW/Audi etc. The connotation being that it is immature, unrefined, lower class etc.

Deleted member 35786

Honestly, I don't think I've seen another Mustang GT driver under the age of 40 in the ~7 months I've been driving mine.

As a younger driver, we get shit for owning these cars as well, particularly from owners of BMW/Audi etc. The connotation being that it is immature, unrefined, lower class etc.
I have seen quite a few younger mustang drivers in my area due to the large military presence. More than half of them have obnoxiously loud exhausts. Annoying..

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
I love my 2018 GT Manual. At 65 years young I’ve discovered when you drop the clutch at 4 grand you better be paying attention.
Fun as hell though. My wife was giggling the whole way.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I love my 2018 GT Manual. At 65 years young I’ve discovered when you drop the clutch at 4 grand you better be paying attention.
Fun as hell though. My wife was giggling the whole way.
Add a super charger and really watch all hell brake lose lol

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have seen quite a few younger mustang drivers in my area due to the large military presence.
And when I visited my son in Dearborn same thing. A LOT of new Ford employees use their A plan. Most singles buy a Mustang.
Sponsored