Planning my setup and would like advice

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Older thread but wanted to comment that there is some great advice on this forum... Bluemustang really helped me nail it on the first try saving me a lot of time and money. I did:

BMR SP083's
Ford racing track dampers
BMR vertical links
BMR cradle lockout
Steeda rear shock mounts
MRR 19" 275/305 wheels with MPS4 tires

FINALLY got all the parts in and alignment done this month (had the parts sitting in my garage for over a year :headbang:). Night and day difference. Haven't tracked the car but driving it around town is really fun. Was worried about the drop in the front with a a supercharger and the extra weight, but it looks and drives amazing. It feels more like a sports car now... not as cushy as it was but not too harsh either even on rough roads and is incredibly more planted and solid feeling.
Bam there it is!
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Older thread but wanted to comment that there is some great advice on this forum... Bluemustang really helped me nail it on the first try saving me a lot of time and money. I did:

BMR SP083's
Ford racing track dampers
BMR vertical links
BMR cradle lockout
Steeda rear shock mounts
MRR 19" 275/305 wheels with MPS4 tires

FINALLY got all the parts in and alignment done this month (had the parts sitting in my garage for over a year :headbang:). Night and day difference. Haven't tracked the car but driving it around town is really fun. Was worried about the drop in the front with a a supercharger and the extra weight, but it looks and drives amazing. It feels more like a sports car now... not as cushy as it was but not too harsh either even on rough roads and is incredibly more planted and solid feeling.
BOOM :rockon:

That's how we do it. Awesome to hear how well its working out. That's how it's supposed to feel, like a sports car. You got a badass machine now!
Isn't nice to nail it on the first try? Lol

I had to learn the hard way through a good bit of trial and error. Glad I was able to contribute to you getting the result you wanted. I know I learned a lot from the members on this forum. Happy to pay some of it forward.

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
1. 2015-2016 MUSTANG TRACK STRUT AND SHOCK KIT (M-18000-F)
2. BMR SP083 handling springs
3. BMR CB005 cradle lockout kit
4. Steeda S550 Mustang Front Roll Center & Bumpsteer Correction Kit

Start with that. You'll be amazed at how good it handles AND rides.

Next steps after, as you so choose:
1. Camber plates
2. BMR SM760 rear shock mounts
3. Adjustable front swaybar
4. BMR CBK760 front control arm bearings or front (forward) control arms with bearings from Optimum Performance or Steeda (known as tension links)
5. BMR BK081 Rear LCA bearings
The first four are spot on. I'd include the BMR SM760 rear shock mounts as a must. They improve the ride significantly with the FP shocks. I have them with the GT350R springs. You really want them with stiff rear springs.

OP
OP
BlueDragon

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP Mustang GT - Ruby Red
1. 2015-2016 MUSTANG TRACK STRUT AND SHOCK KIT (M-18000-F)
2. BMR SP083 handling springs
3. BMR CB005 cradle lockout kit
4. Steeda S550 Mustang Front Roll Center & Bumpsteer Correction Kit

Start with that. You'll be amazed at how good it handles AND rides.

Next steps after, as you so choose:
1. Camber plates
2. BMR SM760 rear shock mounts
3. Adjustable front swaybar
4. BMR CBK760 front control arm bearings or front (forward) control arms with bearings from Optimum Performance or Steeda (known as tension links)
5. BMR BK081 Rear LCA bearings
The first four are spot on. I'd include the BMR SM760 rear shock mounts as a must. They improve the ride significantly with the FP shocks. I have them with the GT350R springs. You really want them with stiff rear springs.
This is pretty much what I have decided to go with. 1-4 and the BMR rear shock mounts. I have the CB005 in the garage and am working on acquiring the rest.

I really appreciate all the advice and experience shared! Thank you!

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
So how would this setup y’all mentioned compare to say ohlins r&t with 275to300 up front and 950 to 1050 in the rear?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So how would this setup y’all mentioned compare to say ohlins r&t with 275to300 up front and 950 to 1050 in the rear?
Probably quite similar. The Ohlins is obviously both height and damping adjustable, and certainly of very high quality and tune. That the Ford Performance Track dampers are quite well matched with the 250/980 springs means that I wouldn't expect a big difference. There may be some, but I doubt large.

OP
OP
BlueDragon

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20191212_143222.jpg
20191212_143719.jpg

I know this is an older thread but I thought I would give an update on my plans and see if I have made any mistakes or am missing anything. Looking at my list do you see anything I'm missing?

• MRR 19x10 square M600
  • Ford RacingTRACK STRUT AND SHOCK KIT (M-18000-F)
  • BMR SP083 springs
  • BMR CB005 Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit
  • BMR BK054 Differential Bushing Lockout Kit (not sure if I need this)
  • BMR SM760 Rear Shock Mount
  • Steeda S550 Mustang Front Roll Center & Bumpsteer Correction Kit (2015-2020)
  • Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates
  • Full Tilt Boogie racing shifter plate
  • BG Syncro Shift II tyranny fluid
What do you all think? I don't think I will recognize my car come spring. I'm very excited to get it going.

J.P.B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
20191212_143222.jpg
20191212_143719.jpg

I know this is an older thread but I thought I would give an update on my plans and see if I have made any mistakes or am missing anything. Looking at my list do you see anything I'm missing?

• MRR 19x10 square M600
  • BMR SP083 springs
What do you all think? I don't think I will recognize my car come spring. I'm very excited to get it going.
Looks great! I would go ahead and add an adjustable front bar. You can leave the rear bar as is.

Last season I added the Front Roll Center & Bumpsteer Correction Kit and then an adjustable front bar, and both had noticeable affects. (The effect was big enough that I feel I really should update my review on another thread.) Anyway, with the above setup, I think you will find that you want more front bar.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
20191212_143222.jpg
20191212_143719.jpg

• MRR 19x10 square M600
  • BMR SP083 springs
Transformational! Love the MRR wheels too. I would only forgo the diff bushings, unless you’re a serious racer. Enjoy!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlueDragon

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! I would go ahead and add an adjustable front bar. You can leave the rear bar as is.

Last season I added the Front Roll Center & Bumpsteer Correction Kit and then an adjustable front bar, and both had noticeable affects. (The effect was big enough that I feel I really should update my review on another thread.) Anyway, with the above setup, I think you will find that you want more front bar.
Thanks for the advice on the front bar. That may have to wait until the next round of things. I'm not sure my wife would be happy with another box of car parts showing up at the door about now.

OP
OP
BlueDragon

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transformational! Love the MRR wheels too. I would only forgo the diff bushings, unless you’re a serious racer. Enjoy!
Definitely not a serious racer. I just got the kit for a good price from the classified section. Will it cause any negatives to install?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Thanks for all the advice Is there a reason you guys prefer the CB005 over the Steeda setup?
I prefer steeda but I believe that both sets work well. My thoughts is that steeda gets early access to Ford products and vehicles and puts more into their engineering. Also they only do Ford, and the mustang is their bread and butter. While BMR is good, they cater to many mfgs. I prefer a specialized brand vs a jack of all trades. No matter what, each company will improve the handling over stock. Both are good choices, but to me Steeda is king
Sponsored