Sponsored

How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
First time in 40 years I dreaded driving by a cop. Sitting at a red light this Am watching 2 motorcycle cops releasing a fresh catch just 60 yards up the road. They were off their bikes, one helmet removed... and up hill from my position. With the Borla catback system I new she might be a little loud running through the gears uphill... I dogged it and lugged by just like when I was kid. :crackup:
Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Those Koni's are 50 years old huh? I am 60 now and w/x-pipe and stock mufflers, just bought lightweight SVE GT7 5 spokes. I can't stop modding,Lol.
tn_20190511_132935.jpg

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Did we ever determine what age a senior is? Hope its not 55...My California Special has black wheels. Not a fan at first, was trying to find some foundrys or the newer optional wheels that are silver and 5 spoke but gave up on that search and just decided that since my CS wheels are unique, I left them on and had the rears widened, like a lot of others with the same wheel. They have definitely grown on me. But if I was buying wheels, black would be one of my last choices.
I agree, That being said, there are some really sharp looking Black wheels...But you cannot see the detail because they are black and get lost in the big picture. From a distance they actually take away from the car. "CONTRAST" no matter how subtle needs to be there to have your car stand out from the rest. Otherwise your car from a distance looks like you lost the wheel covers. JMHO

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I'm 54 and have a 2018 GT but cant drive it because I cant find the dam key hole for ignition switch.. doesn't matter anyway because both my keys got broke off somehow.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
I'm 54 and have a 2018 GT but cant drive it because I cant find the dam key hole for ignition switch.. doesn't matter anyway because both my keys got broke off somehow.
Good one! I'm still looking for the pull starter. I have my wife push the car and I pop the clutch in second.

Sponsored

rwp50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black California Special
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W

‘69 and wife ‘64. Been Corvette all my life and wife’s side try a Mustang. So we bought a ‘17 Black California Special. Love it and drive it year around.

Remember when younger driving the Corvettes was fairly a common event and no one really paid any attention. Always owned them because I appreciated the engineering, not to impress anyone. My Mother would even take it out with my sister occasionally. Now even with the Mustang, everyone has to tailgate or get past you to prove their 6,000# truck with loud mufflers or some Honda Civic has the edge.

Like the other responses, glad we’re enjoying life.

Cup of coffee, Beach Boys, Jan & Dean, Stones, detail equipment and I’m off!

Thanks,

RWP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I fully intend to buy a C7 GS, at 54 I have no less than a decade before retirement and plenty of time to plan.

Again, I am really surprised there are so many 50+ driving G6's, I figured I would be an anomaly :D

Last edited:

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Just shy of 51 , now that the kids are on there own it is time to enjoy . And I do have black wheels lol
20190602_125200.jpg
20190429_173111.jpg
20190323_154902.jpg
Sponsored