Sponsored

How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
73 years old here,2011 Mustang GT,have owned many Mustangs in my past,ALL V8, but this will be my LAST Mustang ( garage queen) because I am not a fan of the S550 Mustang,I think Ford really messed up with the Euro Box design,the 4 Banger Eco Boost, and many other things that I dislike along with the poor Q/C, and Coyote engine problems.
Ford w/new gen S550 caters more to buyers that are forward looking seeking a modern sport coupe, and sales volume reflects success worldwide. I am not a fan of the older/cruder live axle cars and haven’t owned other GT since 96, instead I owned several other brands previously.
Sponsored

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
I'm at a couple weeks from turning 51 and just signed the papers yesterday on my car. I guess I qualify for a semi mid life crisis. The big question "What to do IN my life at this point?" Always liked cars...had a '69 Chevelle that I had to get rid of since I couldn't afford what I would have liked to do to it...so....? A Mustang I rented last year (exactly like this one!) put the bug in my head and here I am owning one! Tint, oil catch can, different oil drain plug are the first things on my list of changes. Its gonna stay stock, for the most part.

Here it is:

full.jpg

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Im 60. but its not the years, its the mileage!!!!

RLMJR58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, pp, Kona Blue
Vehicle Showcase
What age does senior begin? Or is it just a state of mind...
Well in the state of Nevada as defined by Nevada Revised Statutes a Senior in anyone age 60 and older...

So I am one... with a 2018 GT

Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Nice thread, many pages in what might be record time. I'll bet there are a number of seniors out there who would rather not make it public, but clearly a few near-seniors who would really like to qualify..

I've had three Mustang convertibles, all automatics. 2006, 2008. 2014.

I've had three Mustang coupes, two manuals and one (current) Automatic. 2009, 2013, 2018.

Did some fairly serious driving with the manual couples. Got rid of the '13 because it was very fast and too easy to get onto a road course racetrack with.

Couple of years in the '14 automatic convertible gave me time to calm down and get a little perspective on things, so I figured the '18 automatic coupe wouldn't lead me astray (onto a road course). Worked so far.

When I got the '13, I was nineteen (on the instide and four times that on the calendar). Old's cool.

Last edited:

1st Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm 62, don't give a damn what anyone else thinks about it, and my wife loves it too. Age is just a number, and as long as you have good health, enjoy yourself. I also have one of these for fishing, it's like a Harley for the water.

IMG_3582.JPG

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
W
Nobody gives me any shit about what I'm driving. Ever.

Healeys and Mustangs.JPG

Sponsored

GOTdaBLACK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, Shadow Black, MT82D4, PP1
I am currently 68 years old. At 55 years of age, and having gone through a 97 GT, a 99 Cobra, a 01 GT, and a 03 Mach 1, I thought it was time to drive an older man's car. So I traded the Mach 1 for a low mileage MBZ E55 AMG. The E55 performed, and handled, beautifully. However, something was missing. Maybe a six speed to row through; or maybe a sportier appearance. So then, I added a low mileage 911 Carrera to the mix. Drove the E55 to work; and the 911 on my days off. Eleven years later, I retired at 66. The time had arrived for the proverbial retirement new automobile. I sold the 911 with the intent of seeking a new Porsche 911. One morning while driving the E55 home from the groceries, I spotted a 2018 Shadow Black GT Premium PP1 with a six speed manual sitting at a Ford dealership. I test drove it. I drove it home. After all, it was half the price of a new base 911.

Arriving home, a neighbor was surprised to see me park a new GT in my garage. Kidding me, he asked if I felt younger driving an American muscle car. In my new car excitement, I really didn't have an answer for him.

A few weeks later, and early in the morning, I cold started my new GT. The previous day, I had added a Roush Axle Back to my exhaust system. My neighbor came out to investigate the "noise". I had an answer to his previous question.

Yup; now I feel younger.

* The moral to my story is: Don't live your senior years with one foot in the grave; live it with one foot on the clutch, and the other on the accelerator.

Deleted member 35786

We need an over 50 thread dedicated to us older guys!!!

OP
OP
kinchy

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
We need an over 50 thread dedicated to us older guys!!!
Agree. What form of divine intervention has to occur to make that happen?

sobaylouie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W
Sponsored