Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I can think of 10 things, all nitpicky of course in under 10 seconds. But my biggest beef with Ford is the ultra modern prop rod that is such a superior item that it simply hasn't changed much since 1965! How much do 100k decent quality hood lifts cost in bulk? Add $10 to the price of the build of our cars? Nah, never mind, Ford's gotta at least leave one thing for the aftermarket to make a mint on instead of passing along the extra $10 cost to us. Let's hear yours...come on, rant on! I know ya wanna....
Sponsored

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I dunno, hood struts were the first mechanical thing I did when I got my Mustang. I feel a connection to my vehicles when I turn a wrench on 'em. I know it's not an engine rebuild or anything like that, but it still counts towards that wrench quotient.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Wish I had a front camera just to see parking blocks.

Wish Ford would just start making better Oil Pump Gears stock already so that people can stop worrying about them. it's been an issue for decades.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Speed-sensitive volume doesn't work at all. Ridiculous. I got adaptive gauge lighting, adaptive rearview mirror, adaptive headlights, some people have adaptive wipers, adaptive cruise control, but somehow Ford forgot how to make adaptive volume work.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Speed-sensitive volume doesn't work at all. Ridiculous. I got adaptive gauge lighting, adaptive rearview mirror, adaptive headlights, some people have adaptive wipers, adaptive cruise control, but somehow Ford forgot how to make adaptive volume work.
I haven't tried it but it worked great in my Mach1. I'll have to try it on my Bullitt. If its anything like my Mach1 you have to change how much it gets louder, maybe you're on a soft settings?

Sponsored

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
No power reclining seat backs. I am sure the later models have them but come on..... our 1958 Olds Super 88 had them but they could not put them in my 2015?

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I haven't tried it but it worked great in my Mach1. I'll have to try it on my Bullitt. If its anything like my Mach1 you have to change how much it gets louder, maybe you're on a soft settings?
It must be a microphone quality/placement thing. Mustang is bad, Wife's Honda Pilot is bad; my old Civic Si was absolutely perfect at matching sound system volume to ambient noise. Workmates told me the audio from the ambient phone microphone was excellent, too.

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
A front camera would be nice.. the hood prop rod is a little annoyance too for as much as you pay, but valid to also have that 'first mod' feeling. I even got some for my wife's focus, I think it was the first mod on her focus. I get why they don't, it's a minor thing that most people could give two shits about, and is probably not much but it probably saves cycles during assembly and well.. every little thing adds up. lol People like us and mechanics probably are the only ones that appreciate hood struts really. As mentioned it gives the aftermarket a thing.

I'm very new to my Mustang and still getting familiar with it. I think the annoyance I have right now is the digital dash.. I love it, but the gauges menu in particular.. or well menus... it seems that essentially you have 'pony gauges' and then 'trip gauges'.. I kinda wish they were all together, so you just cycled through them all, and could customize which ones you don't want in one list.

This is also my first experience owning a vehicle with built in Nav. And, well, I'm glad Android Auto is a thing. I'm sorry Ford but I won't be keeping that subscription. I'm sure Apple car play also blows the built in Nav out of the water too. But I'm sure it'll be nice to have on occasion? maybe?

Oh and the AT&T modem.. uhh I don't know what the point of it is quite yet.. I see that you can hotspot.. but.. I could hotspot with my phone? so.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol I think all of my rant is too much tech? idk maybe it is neat, but like.. well idk, I'm just not likely going to continue beyond the trials. **Edit: I guess using FordPass and seeing where your vehicle is at is a good thing, so that's the point of the modem, forgot about that.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It must be a microphone quality/placement thing. Mustang is bad, Wife's Honda Pilot is bad; my old Civic Si was absolutely perfect at matching sound system volume to ambient noise. Workmates told me the audio from the ambient phone microphone was excellent, too.
Usually its off of speed. That's what my Mach1 was.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
I can think of 10 things, all nitpicky of course in under 10 seconds. But my biggest beef with Ford is the ultra modern prop rod that is such a superior item that it simply hasn't changed much since 1965! How much do 100k decent quality hood lifts cost in bulk? Add $10 to the price of the build of our cars? Nah, never mind, Ford's gotta at least leave one thing for the aftermarket to make a mint on instead of passing along the extra $10 cost to us. Let's hear yours...come on, rant on! I know ya wanna....

Trade your Mustang for a Camaro, you deserve one.

Sponsored

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Come on & rant! I know ya wanna.
The only issued I had w/mine is that the base model didn't come w/a CD player (it was OE on the Premium model) ... not even as an option. I would gladly give up the ability to have 783 (or whatever) color choices for my dash lights for a single CD player. As far as the hood rod goes, I had a number of items installed at Steeda & that was one of 'em. But not for the sake of convenience. While traveling thru west Tejas, the support rod would get so hot you couldn't even hold on to it long enough to engage the hood. :curse: