Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Sometimes when I drive my Mustang fast it gets loud & my heart starts beating fast. It beats hard. I feel the testosterone build in my veins. Then, before I know it, I'm fully erect. Makes quick grocery stores runs very awkward.
:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Sponsored

5had0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP M6
Easy. When really getting on it (10+ seconds. Over 4K rpms) I get the smell of exhaust inside the car. Both S550s I’ve owned did this. I just drop the windows right after WOT pulls. Just one of the cars quirks. Like the antenna being lame. I just Bluetooth and I’m good.
Personally l like the prop rod? One less failure point. Guess I’m crazy.

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Had the 5.0 tick, two Ford dealers straight up refused to help me, third Ford dealership found metal pieces in cylinder heads/scorring/pitting of cam, fixed it after two months in the shop, tick came back, currently finalizing a lemon buyback through Ford RAV.

or if we're joking: being called a fag by Tesla owners simply for driving a modded 5.0 (as in minding-my-own-business/no-fast-accelerations/not-being-a-dick-in-any-way driving) Gotta love today's world.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I hate that every time I try to drive at 72 mph w/my cruise on some asswagon in a Prius has to try & mess w/me so I can't just stay at the same speed. Just leave me alone.
Never had any issues w/Prius drivers, but Kia & Hyundai drivers (IMHO) seem to be terminally weird. It's like they now have disc brakes & can exceed 100 mph so everyone out there is now 'fair game' for 'em. Just ignore them for they know not how to drive. :facepalm:

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
One thing annoys me each time I try to use it. The Mode toggle switch.
Or the fact that the mode toggle doesn't work in reverse.

I remember the biggest gripe I have with this car, its the stupid HVAC controls on the premium. I have to press 7 different no-feedback touchscreen buttons to change the heat to dash/floor like I want it to be. 7 buttons in those ridiculously slow menus. Its so annoying I can't even imagine it, just give me a real physical button for it. But no, I can only have one or the other if I use the buttons.

Sponsored

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
The horn on the 18/19 sounds so weak ..the back trunk panel gets so dirty and hard to clean without damaging it... that's about it .
I think that is just the 2019 with the weak horn. My 2018 horn is pretty beefy.

BTW, Vega Plexus spray cleaner is great for cleaning/maintaining plastic... I use for headlights but also excellent on back black plastic panel.

Last edited:

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I hate that every time I try to drive at 72mph with my cruise on some asswagon in a Prius has to try and mess with me so I can't just stay at the same speed. Just leave me alone.
OMG... yesterday on a 600 mile drive I had this exact issue with a Prius... slowing down, speeding up... it was driving my adaptive cruise control crazy. I finally just had to gun it (the Mustang) up a 2 mile long hill to be done with it.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
No power reclining seat backs. I am sure the later models have them but come on..... our 1958 Olds Super 88 had them but they could not put them in my 2015?
Yeah. That's my beef too. My 2017 F250 has them! Almost the same damn seat. Oh yeah, my Camaros and Corvettes had them too.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Not enough time to drive her I have work to much

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
This is easy:

Traction Control!

I would say over 80% of so-called driver error and 100% of cars&coffee peel out crashes are traction control coming in and doing its thing without driver consent. An absolute kill switch with memory so it never gets activated again would save vehicles and save lives. It isn’t any good in snow, leaves you stranded in the middle of a snowy hill while spinning the tires gets you all the way up the hill. The system is total and complete garbage in my opinion. Kept in place by those Ford lawyers that only care about criminal and tort liability and not the best interests of the consumer.

And while we are at it - get rid of ABS or another kill switch that keeps it off permanently, another idea good drivers don’t need. It’s a performance car remember...
Sponsored