Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I've seen more coyote swaps into new edges than LS swaps
He needs to learn the difference between anecdote and facts with citations.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Then @Erik427 goes on to say Ford NASCAR engines are windsors. Laughable. The actual engine blocks and heads are not made from the original tooling, they are custom made race engine blocks. They do have some things in common with the original engines. They have the same cylinder bore centerlines, the same number of cylinders and the same base displacement. That's it. Which proves yet again he knows shit.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sooner or later guys you'll realize this is like beating your head against a wall. You have a headache and the wall doesn't care. Just let this circle jerk continue on in their minds.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Sooner or later guys you'll realize this is like beating your head against a wall. You have a headache and the wall doesn't care. Just let this circle jerk continue on in their minds.

Wrong!

With 120 people dropped from the Coyote assembly line and demand dropping, the Coyote is not long for this world. The Godzilla motor has just started its product cycle and because of the class of vehicle it is tied to - it will be a long production cycle.

In fact the Godzilla may be the last gas powered V8 Ford ever makes. So it does matter what kind of motor it is. It does matter if a crate motor is available. It does matter if there’s is aftermarket support. And as the last of the V8s, it will matter if it can be swapped into the Mustang cause this will be all we have from a production engine at Ford.

That is why we talk about it!

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Jesus H. Christ, does every stupid thought that passes through Fatguys head need to find it's way into this thread? That is a rhetorical question as the answer is obviously yes.

The 7.3 is not a Mustang engine and the head of gas engines at Ford has even verified that the 7.3 will suck.ass in a Mustang so there is NO chance this will ever be an iron block 7.3 engine for the Mustang, EVER.

To even suggest that this motor home engine is relevant.to the Mustang is ridiculous.

The 7.3 is a heavy duty truck engine and no amount of stupid ass replies will change that fact.

So how is this a valid Mustang topic? It's not.

There is an off topic lounge for threads like this that are not relevant to the Mustang that should be utilized more often.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Jesus H. Christ, does every stupid thought that passes through Fatguys head need to find it's way into this thread? That is a rhetorical question as the answer is obviously yes.

The 7.3 is not a Mustang engine and the head of gas engines at Ford has even verified that the 7.3 will suck.ass in a Mustang so there is NO chance this will ever be an iron block 7.3 engine for the Mustang, EVER.

To even suggest that this motor home engine is relevant.to the Mustang is ridiculous.

The 7.3 is a heavy duty truck engine and no amount of stupid ass replies will change that fact.

So how is this a valid Mustang topic? It's not.

There is an off topic lounge for threads like this that are not relevant to the Mustang that should be utilized more often.

The reason it became a topic here is because virtually every news story when they announced the engine dealt with the question of whether it would fit in a Mustang. I didn’t have any say over that.

That is the interest and since third gen Coyote blocks cannot be reused, this motor may have to do, whether you like it or not. It’s not if it’s the best motor but more like it’s the only motor left in production for the hard core Ford V8 fan. Like it or not it may be all we have left...

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
^^^ This man in no way shape or form represents Canadians.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Wrong!

With 120 people dropped from the Coyote assembly line and demand dropping, the Coyote is not long for this world. The Godzilla motor has just started its product cycle and because of the class of vehicle it is tied to - it will be a long production cycle.

In fact the Godzilla may be the last gas powered V8 Ford ever makes. So it does matter what kind of motor it is. It does matter if a crate motor is available. It does matter if there’s is aftermarket support. And as the last of the V8s, it will matter if it can be swapped into the Mustang cause this will be all we have from a production engine at Ford.

That is why we talk about it!
Spoken like a true Ford Guy.......
We Herald in Ford's new baby with open arms.

Everybody else just feels threatened for some reason.

For me, I love the idea of a new motor that can be stretched out past 500cid.
Trust me, the aftermarket will not be able to resist.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Spoken like a true Ford Guy.......
We Herald in Ford's new baby with open arms.

Everybody else just feels threatened for some reason.

For me, I love the idea of a new motor that can be stretched out past 500cid.
Trust me, the aftermarket will not be able to resist.

Now at the same time we should be cognizant of the fact that the Coyote is the V8 chosen for the Mustang. And it does perform. Members here paid good money for that engine and performance, so it is only natural that they are not crazy about adding a larger engine. It is understandable that they want what they paid for which is the official V8 engine in the Mustang - top of the line.

All I’m saying is that these are people like everyone else and a little empathy goes a long way. Having said that you also have the right to defend your ideas...

Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
What's that saying about arguing with idiots...

It's really disturbing that this is the most prolific thread on the site right now.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

It's really disturbing that this is the most prolific thread on the site right now.

We are all individuals with opinions. None are worth more than the others. As long as they are opinions.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Let me put it to you this way:

I loved my old iron block Windsor V8 in my 1989 5.0 LX hatchback. That engine went 18 years and 375,000km without any engine work. And I beat on it constantly. One of the fastest cars on the street in it’s time.

I have defended that engine against the Coyote dismissing the adverts of 225 horsepower and saying it was closer to 300. Torque where you want it and so one. I had some good times with that engine and car.

Same with the Coyote and the guys that own them. They love their motors. Fair enough, but understand why they get emotional about just like I did about the old Windsor. Everyone is sane around here.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro

The admins should have moved this thread to the off topic lounge on day one since this is a Mustang forum and not a forum for every dumb idea that pops into Fatgys head.

What is sad is the admins have allowed this idiot Fatguy and his non related Mustang thread to continue.

We can clearly see that Fatguy is disturbed and will continue to pester M6G with his idiotic responses.

It's about time for the admins to step in and move this thread or shut it down.

Everyone should report this thread and ask that it be moved to a more appropriate section like the off topic lounge or shut down since it has nothing to do with Mustangs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The admins should have moved this thread to the off topic lounge on day one since this is a Mustang forum and not a forum for every dumb idea that pops into Fatgys head.

What is sad is the admins have allowed this idiot Fatguy and his non related Mustang thread to continue.

We can clearly see that Fatguy is disturbed and will continue to pester M6G with his idiotic responses.

It's about time for the admins to step in and move this thread or shut it down.

Everyone should report this thread and ask that it be moved to a more appropriate section like the off topic lounge or shut down since it has nothing to do with Mustangs.

I’m fine to let this drop off page one and be forgotten, but someone always bumps it up like you just did. Just let it be. GT Pony was right saying everyone has to have the last word...

Just leave it alone. And the “nightmare” will be over. The sun has just come out. Your car will never rust. Dogs and cats licking each other.

It’s all perfect now. So just let it be! :like:

Here’s a hint: Just quickly post stuff on the other threads and this one will drop off page one - man, do I have to do all the thinking around here! I won’t respond to bump it up. But I get to respond if someone does. Fair enough?
Sponsored

Last edited: