Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

zrwhat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thank you for posting, I have one of the first couple 2650's that were sent out and it has been on the car since July 2017. It was installed on my completely stock 2017 with the Edelbrock 50 state tune and ran and drove like stock for about 3 months and then we put an aftermarket tune on. Just the tune everything else still being the stock Stage 1 kit we picked up 34rwhp SAE. The car has been awesome on the street minus the fact that traction is non existent until somewhere in 3rd gear with stock tires.

I've had two small issues, the first being the intercooler pump not shutting off when the car is turned off. It is difficult to hear that it is still running and had caused some heartache when the wife got stranded a few times with a dead battery. Edelbrock quickly shipped a replacement harness which we installed but it still from time to time stays running. A quick cycle of the start button and that usually shuts it off. The car is not a daily driver and the wife rarely drives it anymore but does now know what to listen for.

The second issue is the cold start that seems common, thought it was just my car:) I too live in a 4 season climate here in Indiana and once the temps drop the car cranks and crank and eventually stumbles to life with a huge cloud of rich smoke which throws a CEL. Once warm it starts perfect, I have lived with it just assuming it was a tune issue and I rarely drive it when it's under 50. Looks like I need the new IAT.
Sponsored

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Well Edelbrock are shipping the newer type sensor and harness to the uk for my car.

Can’t really fault them. Good customer aftercare.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Thank you for posting, I have one of the first couple 2650's that were sent out and it has been on the car since July 2017. It was installed on my completely stock 2017 with the Edelbrock 50 state tune and ran and drove like stock for about 3 months and then we put an aftermarket tune on. Just the tune everything else still being the stock Stage 1 kit we picked up 34rwhp SAE. The car has been awesome on the street minus the fact that traction is non existent until somewhere in 3rd gear with stock tires.

I've had two small issues, the first being the intercooler pump not shutting off when the car is turned off. It is difficult to hear that it is still running and had caused some heartache when the wife got stranded a few times with a dead battery. Edelbrock quickly shipped a replacement harness which we installed but it still from time to time stays running. A quick cycle of the start button and that usually shuts it off. The car is not a daily driver and the wife rarely drives it anymore but does now know what to listen for.

The second issue is the cold start that seems common, thought it was just my car:) I too live in a 4 season climate here in Indiana and once the temps drop the car cranks and crank and eventually stumbles to life with a huge cloud of rich smoke which throws a CEL. Once warm it starts perfect, I have lived with it just assuming it was a tune issue and I rarely drive it when it's under 50. Looks like I need the new IAT.
on my 18 the I intercooler pump is triggered by the OE EVAP harness, so mine stays on after shutting the car off or if I open the driver door. This is bc the ECM energizes the EVAP solenoid in these situations to vent fumes and this in turn fires up the intercooler pump. It's a nice feature which helps keep coolant moving while the car is off but if you want to prevent it from happening you can trigger the relay off a switched 12v source instead, then the pump will only run when the engine is running.

dragonszar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I got one of their clearance 2.3 stage 1 kits about a month ago, been running it for 2-3 weeks now. Live in Florida, so I can't complain about the cold weather issues. My intercooler pump also runs after shutting off the car and until door is opened, so i think that's normal like Kona 18 said, the harness is tapped into the EVAP sensor. I have no problems going into boost, and going through the power band. But I have a pretty moderate-big jerking problem in stop and go traffic or in the parking lot. Car responds really negatively when push on gas pedal - let go- then go back on. I also have a problem where if im just cruising at 45-50MPH fifth gear. around 1900 rpms. Car feels like it's hesitating, makes me and passenger feel like the car is going over tiny bumps in the road. I have also experienced problem #5 where I take off in first let off gas pedal, but car still accelerating a little. My car is 2017 Manual Base, Only mod other than the edelbrock kit is, MBRP street catback.

jfccac let us know if you encounter any of the problems after install.

I have been emailing Tony at edelbrock to try to solve this issues. But they are very slow to repsond. And have not "offered" any solutions yet.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
@dragonszar i should’ve mentioned the throttle transition I completely forgot about that. I had it as well, it’s in their tune file. I’ll add that to the original post for issue 5.

Also, anybody subscribe to Modded Mustangs and Fast Fords? The 2650 Edelbrock TVS was on the cover!

Sponsored

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)
I got one of their clearance 2.3 stage 1 kits about a month ago, been running it for 2-3 weeks now. Live in Florida, so I can't complain about the cold weather issues. My intercooler pump also runs after shutting off the car and until door is opened, so i think that's normal like Kona 18 said, the harness is tapped into the EVAP sensor. I have no problems going into boost, and going through the power band. But I have a pretty moderate-big jerking problem in stop and go traffic or in the parking lot. Car responds really negatively when push on gas pedal - let go- then go back on. I also have a problem where if im just cruising at 45-50MPH fifth gear. around 1900 rpms. Car feels like it's hesitating, makes me and passenger feel like the car is going over tiny bumps in the road. I have also experienced problem #5 where I take off in first let off gas pedal, but car still accelerating a little. My car is 2017 Manual Base, Only mod other than the edelbrock kit is, MBRP street catback.

jfccac let us know if you encounter any of the problems after install.

I have been emailing Tony at edelbrock to try to solve this issues. But they are very slow to repsond. And have not "offered" any solutions yet.

Where in Florida? I'm in the Tampa Bay area and mine is on the truck headed my way.

dragonszar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Where in Florida? I'm in the Tampa Bay area and mine is on the truck headed my way.
Gainesville, Florida.

A couple of tips for before and during the install: make sure you go through the kit and double check everything is there. Mine came with two boxes of spark plugs but no injectors. Had to call them to ship them to me. Second The provided belt was too short. I had to go to autozone to buy the next size up, autozone carries continental belts.

Id be interested to know if you run into the throttle transition problem. Please keep us updated.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
The guy helping me lift the unit onto the block actually broke the included tensioner trying to “help me” by installing the belt. It’s pretty tight. We’re naturally inclined to want to put it over the SC pulley last, but the included one should fit if you do a smooth idler pulley last.

dragonszar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The guy helping me lift the unit onto the block actually broke the included tensioner trying to “help me” by installing the belt. It’s pretty tight. We’re naturally inclined to want to put it over the SC pulley last, but the included one should fit if you do a smooth idler pulley last.

I was trying to put it over the top smooth idler pulley on the adjuster arm bracket(under the supercharger pulley last. No luck. Next size up in the continental lineup is 15mm longer? I'll have to look at the belt box again to be sure. But goes on with no problem. Can you post up the belt model number included in your kit?

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

dragonszar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Belt in the kit is a continental 4060820.
Oh geez...... No wonder why mine didnt fit. So they do not pack the same belt size in their kits. Mine came with 4060812 a full .8 inches shorter than yours. I had to move up to 4060817.
IMG_20190414_124400.jpg

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh geez...... No wonder why mine didnt fit. So they do not pack the same belt size in their kits. Mine came with 4060812 a full .8 inches shorter than yours. I had to move up to 4060817.
IMG_20190414_124400.jpg
Ah, that would definitely explain it then!

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Hate hearing these things especially as mine is being built as we speak.

Did it come with the new and proved IAT sensor and harness?

I’m sure @Edelbrock Tech will get these things sorted out...

I have faith!!

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Hate hearing these things especially as mine is being built as we speak.

Did it come with the new and proved IAT sensor and harness?

I’m sure @Edelbrock Tech will get these things sorted out...

I have faith!!
They all come with the new sensor now, they updated this as soon as OP brought it up. Although I haven't had a issue with the plastic one

dragonszar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
They all come with the new sensor now, they updated this as soon as OP brought it up. Although I haven't had a issue with the plastic one
With all the comments about the plastic IAT. had to go double check mine. I got my kit a little under a month ago. Unless this is brass coated in black paint, This looks like plastic to me. Can anyone confirm what version I have?
IMG_20190416_150859.jpg
Sponsored