Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
With all the comments about the plastic IAT. had to go double check mine. I got my kit a little under a month ago. Unless this is brass coated in black paint, This looks like plastic to me. Can anyone confirm what version I have?
IMG_20190416_150859.jpg
Yeah that's the plastic one, same one on my car, zero issues and it's gotten as cold as high 20's since I did my blower
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that's the plastic one, same one on my car, zero issues and it's gotten as cold as high 20's since I did my blower
Yah, I've heard of a few people who are running the plastic sensor without issues. I'm pretty sure it's the OEM last-gen GT500 sensor. Whatever the issue is it's a combination of the Edelbrock tune and the plastic sensor.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I don't think it is just the Edelbrock tune. VMP sells a brass replacement for the Roush kits to fix issues with the plastic sensor on those.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think it is just the Edelbrock tune. VMP sells a brass replacement for the Roush kits to fix issues with the plastic sensor on those.
I think the VMP kit is because Roush uses IAT2 for the runners and keeps the MAF reading as well. I don’t think SCT/nGauge can flash that, which is why you have to have a dealer flash the tune or mail the ECU off to Roush. Correct me if I’m wrong.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
You probably are correct. I had not thought about the flash method.

Sponsored

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)
Ok, got mine in last week and installed this weekend. All works fine but I have a couple of questions? Did anyone do anything with the connectors taken off of the back of the stock intake? By my count there were 4 connectors to unhook. I looked all over my instructions and did not seem them referred to again. Next, I have zero oil pressure by the gauges. I have oil and the car runs fine but somewhere in the wiring, my oil sensor stopped working. Could one of those disconnected harnesses from the factory intake be causing this problem. I would call Tech Support but they are closed for the weekend. Otherwise, this thing is phenomenal!

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, got mine in last week and installed this weekend. All works fine but I have a couple of questions? Did anyone do anything with the connectors taken off of the back of the stock intake? By my count there were 4 connectors to unhook. I looked all over my instructions and did not seem them referred to again. Next, I have zero oil pressure by the gauges. I have oil and the car runs fine but somewhere in the wiring, my oil sensor stopped working. Could one of those disconnected harnesses from the factory intake be causing this problem. I would call Tech Support but they are closed for the weekend. Otherwise, this thing is phenomenal!
Awesome, glad your install went well. The 4 connectors that were on the intake aren't used in the Edelbrock system. I ended up taping mine and zip-tying them to the harness that runs along the firewall.

No insight for you on the oil thing...mine's a nonPP so I just get an "OK" in my digital gauges. The sending unit I believe is by the oil filter. Might want to pull the belly cover back off and make sure you didn't know the connector loose while pulling everything apart. Good luck.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing to worry about with the connectors.
Did they supply a tune for a PP car? If not, that would easily explain the zero reading.

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
I actually went with a Lund tune, have used them for years in the past and have been very happy with their work. I will double check my connections. I have not floored it yet due to the basic tune from Lund and ensuing datalogging but at half throttle it sets you back. Going to be a very happy camper soon!

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Great job!!

Any hiccups on the install other than the 4 connectors? How was the drilling and tapping?

I’ve printed the 31 page instruction manual - is this the correct one? Any omissions or errors in the instructions? Anything to watch for or advice for the install?

Hoping mine is in this week...

Thanks again!!! Torinate

Sponsored

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
I had my wife video some of the install. Trying to get it posted to youtube soon. Drilling and tapping went fine. When trying to install the belt, the tensioner broke. The casting gave way when moving it to put on the belt, had to locate one locally to get it running. Also disagree with the instructions about mounting the brackets on the radiator then installing it into the vehicle. I mounted the brackets first on the vehicle and then placed the radiator, worked much better for me. The fuel rail and injector installation was about the worst part of it for me, otherwise not bad. My son was going to help me but ended up working on a header install on his 2018 GT. My wife helped as much as needed but pretty much a solo project. Just got a note form Lund stating that the oil pressure issue was tune related, will fix it on the next revision.

Ken

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Thanks Ken.

My wife doesn’t know it yet, but she’s my helper as well... lol

Looking forward to YouTube videos!

Are you able to send a PM link to them or post it here?

Why were the fuel rails the worst? I’m completely dreading removing the front bumper! Any issues with yours coming off?

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
At first my biggest fear was the front bumper cover as well. Luckily nothing broke and it went back on easily, actually I lined the seams up better than the factory did so it improved the look. The fuel rails and injectors were just tedious, trying to line them all up correctly. Also the fuel rail is difficult to tighten up the connections after installing on the car. Now it looks like I have a coolant leak somewhere. Playing detective now to locate it. I will post a link to the youtube video once it is online.

Ken

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
@kenbidwell make sure to check the hose connections of the new coolant tank that I mentioned. It was difficult to find because it ran through frame rails and out at a totally different location.

@Torinate, you will definitely need a 90* drill for the drilling and tapping, but doing it was cake. The bumper was also really easy, but would have been easier if I'd taken the front wheels off to get to the upper corner bumper screw.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Thanks! Guess I have to get a 90* drill. Was hoping I wouldn’t have to but that’s not the case. Does the tap come with the kit or do I need that as well?

Thanks again!
Sponsored