bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Car and driver is trying to be to camaro6.
What motor trend is to mustang6.:giggle:
But nothing in that article is wrong.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I've driven both A10s ('19 Camaro SS as well). Both are good. I will say the A10 w/3.55s in the Mustang does seem to shift too often for me. The Camaro seemed a bit smoother. I know parking the Camaro and visibility are worse than the GT and IMO the GT sounds better. A 1SS Camaro does come with better tires/wheels stock than a base GT auto though.
Honestly it comes down to personal preference...or what you get the better deal on. I prefer manual, which is what I bought but I think either A10 car would be quite beastly to own :)

OP
OP
Timeless

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
A 1SS Camaro does come with better tires/wheels stock than a base GT auto though.
Guess that depends on your location. Summer only tires don't work well everywhere.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I've driven both A10s ('19 Camaro SS as well). Both are good. I will say the A10 w/3.55s in the Mustang does seem to shift too often for me. The Camaro seemed a bit smoother. I know parking the Camaro and visibility are worse than the GT and IMO the GT sounds better. A 1SS Camaro does come with better tires/wheels stock than a base GT auto though.
Honestly it comes down to personal preference...or what you get the better deal on. I prefer manual, which is what I bought but I think either A10 car would be quite beastly to own :)
The base GT wheels leave a lot to be desired (couldn't even put 245s on there?), but to be fair, the SS does have a higher MSRP by about $2k.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Chevy fucked over their customers with their new pricing and finance rates for left over 18’s. You can find Z06’s, Grand Sports, ZL1 1LE’s, for 10-15k off right now. Even SS 1LE for as low as 36k and 0 for 72 months. My friends SS 1LE went from a “value” of 34k to 26k this week. He was wanting to get In a GS for a good price. He went from being right side up to upside down in a week. I do enjoy driving it every chance I get. If the Chevy dealerships would’ve worked a letter deal out I would’ve been in a 2SS 1LE, luckily ford made the deal happen. The guys 17 Focus RS1that he traded is worth more then his Camaro lolol

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Well, Ford kinda did the same discounting game back in June of 2018. 7-8k off

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The base GT wheels leave a lot to be desired (couldn't even put 245s on there?), but to be fair, the SS does have a higher MSRP by about $2k.
I agree that base GT Mustangs are equipped with wheels that are too narrow to optimize performance. You have to either option the car up or buy aftermarket wheels. Base GT wheels are best for all season or winter tires to complement the additional set of wheels you will have to buy for summer/track use. The limited amount of research I did found that wheels for the Camaro are more expensive and there are fewer options, though.

Chevy fucked over their customers with their new pricing and finance rates for left over 18’s. You can find Z06’s, Grand Sports, ZL1 1LE’s, for 10-15k off right now. Even SS 1LE for as low as 36k and 0 for 72 months. My friends SS 1LE went from a “value” of 34k to 26k this week. He was wanting to get In a GS for a good price. He went from being right side up to upside down in a week. I do enjoy driving it every chance I get. If the Chevy dealerships would’ve worked a letter deal out I would’ve been in a 2SS 1LE, luckily ford made the deal happen. The guys 17 Focus RS1that he traded is worth more then his Camaro lolol
That's a big price drop! Seems like GM made a lot more cars than they needed to. Sucks when it pulls down the value of a relatively new car so much.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
True. After selling the stock wheels/tires and getting 255s/19 in wheels, figure another $1500 out of pocket.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
They proved it......
They tested and tested and tested........3.15 gear is the better choice.
It proved one car ran one different time. On one day. And another different time. A different day. Nothing more. You guys with your 3.15 fastest gear in the world nonsense. The fact that none of you ask about track conditions. Or DA. Or any other relevant factor. Is amazing. I’d bet the 3.15s went in later in the season. When the air is better. But I don’t want to confuse anyone with the thinking stuff. if the steeda thread makes you NA 3.15 kids feel fast. More power to ya. The dude that made the pass in the steeda thread. couldnt even remember he had an aftermarket drive shaft.:crazy:

Last edited:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
3.15's are fuel economy gears
Sponsored