Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh. In essence, that's what both the C5 and C6 Camaros emulate.

They should have done a modern interpretation of the '70-'73 instead of upchucking the '69 time and time again....
They look nothing alike.
Sponsored

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
I know I am in the minority on this but I have no desire for a Camaro or Mustang.... unless it’s a drop top. Had we found a CPO Camaro V8 vert that looked good and was priced right we may have went with one. As it is we came across our 2015 CPO and it ticked all our vert boxes. Yes, we will probably trade it in a couple of years but for now, us old retired cops are having a blast in our Mustang vert.

2BEE1BFA-9829-4E27-83EA-FE9C041E915E.jpeg

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
Throwing an olive branch to Martin, I do not think he is trolling. His comments are relevant and add to the convertible discussion. I have learned from his point of view and see the convertible mystique in better focus than before. I have written "drive what you like, like what you drive" Martin does that. Mustang or Camaro we all sit in the "car guy" circle. Looking at Martin's vert, it reflects the driver and is respectably cool.

martin-cam.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Looks are subjective. I think the 5th and 6th gens look fantastic. I just think the Mustang checks more boxes for more people. Hence the huge sales advantage.
Same. I am more of a Mustang guy and the new GT500 is perfect for me - looks and everything. Just perfect.

But... the 5th gen Camaro looked amazing for its time and the 6th gen took that to the next level (until the nasty 2019 refresh though. They should have carried the original design to the end. It was perfect. No need to change it at all. any change could only be a downgrade. Big fan of the 6 gen Camaro design. Just not a fan of the Camaro overall.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Camaro5 (Zeta) handling compared to Camaro6 (Alpha) handling is the biggest generational change I have ever driven in any brand of cars. I had a Camaro5 as a company vehicle in one rotation. Liked it. I drove a co-worker’s Camaro6 company car for a couple weeks and decided I had to have one. Drive better than any Mustang or Corvette I had ever owned. Never owned a Camaro until this one.
Was the Camaro you had a pre 12 or post 12. I know in 12 they did the FE4 suspension update and it changed the car quite a bit. I know its not a purist popular opinion around here, but I'm a huge fan of Camaros, specifically the 6th gens in all V8 trims, and 5th gen ZL1 and 1LE. They are great performers and I really thought I'd buy one, but something about the orange fury PP1 just kept me with a Mustang. I do lust after a 17 ZL1 every day.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Was the Camaro you had a pre 12 or post 12. I know in 12 they did the FE4 suspension update and it changed the car quite a bit. I know its not a purist popular opinion around here, but I'm a huge fan of Camaros, specifically the 6th gens in all V8 trims, and 5th gen ZL1 and 1LE. They are great performers and I really thought I'd buy one, but something about the orange fury PP1 just kept me with a Mustang. I do lust after a 17 ZL1 every day.
Both actually. When I was at GM I was assigned company vehicles for 3 - 6 months at a time. A lot of the times teams that I supported would put me on their “Captured Test Fleet” list and I would drive the pre-production cars for 3 months. I’ve driven a few 5th Gens that way, as well as Competitive Drive events where we would line up upcoming product launch vehicles against the most relevant available competitor cars. That’s how I got to drive GT350 and ZL1 back-to-back.

BTW - Love that orange! Yours and edco’s

Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Both actually. When I was at GM I was assigned company vehicles for 3 - 6 months at a time. A lot of the times teams that I supported would put me on their “Captured Test Fleet” list and I would drive the pre-production cars for 3 months. I’ve driven a few 5th Gens that way, as well as Competitive Drive events where we would line up upcoming product launch vehicles against the most relevant available competitor cars. That’s how I got to drive GT350 and ZL1 back-to-back.

BTW - Love that orange! Yours and edco’s
That sounds like a great freakin job to have!

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Audi? I can't think of a more nondescript boring car. They all look exactly the same.
lol, I just sold it. True but don't line up against a S-line at a stop light. With a Pully upgrade, tune, E85, Euro Launch control, quick transmission, and that AWD they're nasty from a stop. Not so great from a roll.